Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great Job! Works wonderfull with my Pre ;-) Thanks!
    I read this thread a few times but I was still confused if it worked with Device Menu Megamix patch. I tried to install the temp battery patch through Preware. It installed but didn't show up. I uninstalled and reinstalled through webOS quick install and it worked.

thanks for the patch.
    I just tried for third time to apply this patch and got it to work. The only difference I can think of is prior to first two tries I had uninstalled the Battery Monitor app, but think I didn't reboot.

I had reinstalled Battery Monitor app when applying patch today and degrees show up in battery line of device menu. Removed Batt Monitor app, rebooted, and patch still works.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    must have patch if you have the 800 cpu

Fred
  5. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    I read this thread a few times but I was still confused if it worked with Device Menu Megamix patch. I tried to install the temp battery patch through Preware. It installed but didn't show up. I uninstalled and reinstalled through webOS quick install and it worked.

thanks for the patch.
    The Megamix patch removes the Battery row so it won't work. The Remix patch has the Battery row so this patch with work with that one.

I prefer the Megamix over the Remix, now if only the Megamix kept the Battery I'd be set!

Maybe we need a slight remix of the Megamix? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    This patch won't install properly for me. Webos-patches.log said:

i got the same problem, currently i have flashlight and media volume installed..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    i got the same problem, currently i have flashlight and media volume installed..
    I updated the Media Volume patch to be compatible, so the first thing you should do is apply the updated copy.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...33#post2341084

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    awesome awesome awesome jason
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    So any luck getting the temperature to show in the top bar next to date/time?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    The Megamix patch removes the Battery row so it won't work. The Remix patch has the Battery row so this patch with work with that one.

I prefer the Megamix over the Remix, now if only the Megamix kept the Battery I'd be set!

Maybe we need a slight remix of the Megamix? ;-)
    any chance of seeing a slightly modded Megamix that could incorporate the phone drop down options, flashlight, & the battery temp?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

11. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ...and media volume?
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    When might this land in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by beckerxc View Post
    When might this land in Preware?
    I want to know too, + when is the one for 1.4.1 coming out?

thankssss
    Not working for me post 1.4.1; anyone else? Haven't tried uninstall/reinstall as yet...

EDIT: uninstall/reinstall fixed for me (thanks Jason)
    Last edited by dslunceford; 04/01/2010 at 09:44 AM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Not working for me post 1.4.1; anyone else? Haven't tried uninstall/reinstall as yet...
    umm, it IS working with 1.4.1. I'm using it as we speak. Try reinstalling.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason,

Same issue here, not working after the update.

I see v1.4.0-1 in the preware for this patch which is what I installed before. Is this the version working for you after the 1.4.1 update?

Update: I removed the patch and tried to re-install but failed installing. This is the error shown in the IPKG log

An error occurred, return value: 4.
    cannot find package ca.canucksoftware.patches.temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu.
    check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'.

Failure during 'install' operation

update 2: In the preware, I do not see this patch anywhere. I clicked on List of Everything and start typing temperature and it returns 1 patch which is 'Device Temperature Warnings'!! where did the other go??

Thanks
    M
    Last edited by solaimadhan; 04/01/2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    Jason,

Same issue here, not working after the update.

I see v1.4.0-1 in the preware for this patch which is what I installed before. Is this the version working for you after the 1.4.1 update?

Update: I removed the patch and tried to re-install but failed installing. This is the error shown in the IPKG log

An error occurred, return value: 4.
    cannot find package ca.canucksoftware.patches.temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu.
    check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'.

Failure during 'install' operation

update 2: In the preware, I do not see this patch anywhere. I clicked on List of Everything and start typing temperature and it returns 1 patch which is 'Device Temperature Warnings'!! where did the other go??

Thanks
    M
    I had the same thing happen so I installed the original way with the download and through webOSqi and it worked great!!!
    i dont see this in preware
    I now figured out. Actually this app was not there in Preware before, so I downloaded it from here and installed through WOSQI. That is why AUPT did not recognize this patch. Now I removed the patch and re-installed the same way by WOSQI and it is working fine now
    hey Jason you're the reason why i still have my Pre and still love th device...
    thanks brother
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast