Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    nice refined option.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    what other relevant patches do you have installed?
    All of the top bar changing patches I have installed are:

• AM-PM Indicator in Top Bar
    • Battery Percent and Icon White
    • Brightness in Device Menu
    • Change EV icon to 3G
    • Data in Device Menu
    • GPS in Device Menu
    • Media Volume Control (I installed this one from a .patch file with WOSQI)
    • Ringer Switch Icon

All but the Media Volume Control patch were installed from the WebOS-patches feed
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoras View Post
    So, I'm guessing this won't work with your Device menu Megamix patch, right?
    Anthoras, if you READ the very FIRST post from Jason on this topic, he clearly states the following...

The main idea I centered around this patch was that it can used on anyone's device. It works fine with any device menu patch that still has the battery row intact. In fact, I'm using it fine with my Device Menu Remix With Flashlight patch right now

Not trying to give you a hard time, but for someone who's trying to educate themselves reading as many posts as possible, it's a little frustrating when I (too often) see questions that are CLEARLY answered within the same page (if not the opening post).

Rant Over --- Enjoy your weekend!
  4. pfd
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    Anthoras, if you READ the very FIRST post from Jason on this topic, he clearly states the following...

The main idea I centered around this patch was that it can used on anyone's device. It works fine with any device menu patch that still has the battery row intact. In fact, I'm using it fine with my Device Menu Remix With Flashlight patch right now

Not trying to give you a hard time, but for someone who's trying to educate themselves reading as many posts as possible, it's a little frustrating when I (too often) see questions that are CLEARLY answered within the same page (if not the opening post).

Rant Over --- Enjoy your weekend!
    so DRK65, what are you trying to say to help Anthoras? Anthoras was simply asking for clarification about the "megamix" patch, and you pointed him to a comment about the "remix" patch. Ranting is fine, but only if it's helpful.

Anthoras... this patch will only work if the battery power line is intact. If you are refering to Jason's Device Menu Megamix, then probably won't work for you. You'll have to downgrade to the Device Menu Remix patch. Good luck.
    What is considered to be a "dangerous temperature" for the pre to be at?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjanders View Post
    What is considered to be a "dangerous temperature" for the pre to be at?
    Answering your question with another quote from another informative post by Jason...

The tests done by caj2008 and unixpsycho were based on battery temperature #, with a reported device failure at 62*C (I believe). Sure other factors like outside temperature, whether or not the slider is out, etc. will cause some variation, but a recommended 45-50*C maximum is a good reference point for when this are getting too hot.
    Last edited by drk65; 03/28/2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    wow, great use of the empty space in the battery line; unlike the Temp. Warning patch, don't see this in preware yet, look forward to installing it with my PC later; Thanks!
    Thank you, been a lurker here forever just want to say thanks.
    any plans for this to be in preware? if not how would i go about putting this on my pre using WOSQI? thanks again jason ur work is really awesome
    thanks for the patch. I want to show my graditude as well. I am able to see the temp using the Farenheit patch but device menu will not show the temp is Celcius as it shows in the attached photo in the OP. I have nothing next to my battery %. What did I do wrong?

EDIT: I uninstalled it and reinstalled it a couple of times. Its working now.
    Last edited by live_in_the_sky06; 03/28/2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i just put it on and it did a hard reset on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by streetskooler View Post
    any plans for this to be in preware? if not how would i go about putting this on my pre using WOSQI? thanks again jason ur work is really awesome
    Try this link. It helped me out.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    Hmmm, patch isn't working for me. I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. The only other patch I have that I could think of that could be related is "Battery as % in Top Bar, white" http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...con-white.html
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    Jason awsome patch. Just wondering though would there be a way to put it in top bar like, battery icon and percent, but instead have battery icon and temp. Thanks for the great patch.
    DO IT. DO IT NOW

This is great!!!! Thanks Jason.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Great!! Confirmed working on german pre!!
    THIS WORK FOR ME NOW!!! Palm Pre in Mexico... Thks Jason... always a pleasure to try yur stuff!!! Recomended and thks a lot for the good job
    is it possible to have it on the homescreen next to the battery meter?
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I don't post much anymore but i'd like to say Thank you. To all of you developers. Your making me keep this phone with all of these patchs and upgrades. You guys ROCK.

BTW this is sweeeeeeeet.
    Lmao. For 2 straight days, i've been thinking this patch was for the temp outside, not the temp of the device. Lol. I need to leave the trees alone. But, that wouldn't be a bad idea though. Outside temp in the device menu.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast