Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch will check the battery temperature (which is used as a reference point) every 5 minutes and will issue a warning at 45C and a different, more serious warning if it reaches 50C.

The notifications are similar to when you charge your pre and get the notification banner accompanied by the sound (though no sound when in an active call).

Both 45C and 50C temperatures are the general maximum range you should have. Higher temperatures can lead to device bricking.

This patch is inspired by, and designed for overclockers. Overclockers run the risk of overheating their device more so than everyone else.

However, that said, this patch can still prove useful for normal 500MHz devices too

Enjoy!

EDIT: File removed, try the updated version here
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 05/09/2010 at 12:56 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Man you f***ing rock...I can swear you have put more work into this device than the people at palm...thanks to you, this device is what it is today, and i'm proud to show it off.....i'll never forget you man!!

Thanks!
    Man your fast. Great work as usual!!!
    Thanks. Wow that was quick! Do you think it will make it to preware anytime soon?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Thanks. Wow that was quick! Do you think it will make it to preware anytime soon?
    It'll be there eventually, yea, just like all my patches.

In the meantime, WebOS Quick Install can install this .patch file perfectly fine. It uses the same standard as WebOS-Internals; it can even be uninstalled in Preware, like any other patch.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

They need to gift you preferred stock in PALM. No joke I was just thinking about asking for someone to come up with a patch for this since I decided to overclock, and I know that temp is something to check at the stage of things. I log in and low and behold, you came through as always! You have done so much for the community, cant thank you enough.
    I like someone who pays attention.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ader-icon.html

Although I know it's not a processor temp, which apparently can't be displayed anyways... it's still nice to have a warning of some sort.
    What's "C" ?!?! :-)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Waww... You do work fast. Someone just said that last night and there you deliver. Man you're good
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    What's "C" ?!?! :-)
    That's Celsius... but but are you like serious, jk
    Too bad I can't do the Thanks! Button twice.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    I like someone who pays attention.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ader-icon.html

Although I know it's not a processor temp, which apparently can't be displayed anyways... it's still nice to have a warning of some sort.
    yea, I specified it was battery temperature

The main reason I'm using it as an indicator isn't for precise #, but for a signal of things getting too hot. The tests done by caj2008 and unixpsycho were based on battery temperature #, with a reported device failure at 62*C (I believe). Sure other factors like outside temperature, whether or not the slider is out, etc. will cause some variation, but a recommended 45-50*C maximum is a good reference point for when this are getting too hot

Very cool... this will help take a little worry off from using the Overclock kernel.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    This patch will check the battery temperature (which is used as a reference point) every 5 minutes and will issue a warning at 45C and a different, more serious warning if it reaches 50C.

The notifications are similar to when you charge your pre and get the notification banner accompanied by the sound (though no sound when in an active call).

Both 45C and 50C temperatures are the general maximum range you should have. Higher temperatures can lead to device bricking.

This patch is inspired by, and designed for overclockers. Overclockers run the risk of overheating their device more so than everyone else.

However, that said, this patch can still prove useful for normal 500MHz devices too

Enjoy!
    Awesome!
    Last edited by calvintlamb; 03/26/2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Figured it out :)
    Man, too bad I can't do the Thanks! button twice.

Is there anything on our phone we can look at with this patch, or does it just work in the background.

Thanks again Jason!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, I specified it was battery temperature

The main reason I'm using it as an indicator isn't for precise #, but for a signal of things getting too hot. The tests done by caj2008 and unixpsycho were based on battery temperature #, with a reported device failure at 62*C (I believe). Sure other factors like outside temperature, whether or not the slider is out, etc. will cause some variation, but a recommended 45-50*C maximum is a good reference point for when this are getting too hot
    Yeah either way you are spitting out patches left and right.... and for that....
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    For all those that don't know what C is:

45 C ==> 113 F and
    50 C ==> 122 F
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Nice work! you yet to amaze me. Thanks for all YOU do to give all of US a better product. Now, if only we could get Palm to hire a few of you?
    man you are awesome I hope palm compensates you for fixing there phone in my opinion your the reason there still afloat great job man
    Installed! Is there a UI element somewhere (Device Info) to turn sensors on and off?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast