Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    It would be good if the hi temp warnings specified whether they are battery temps or CPU temps.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Hey Jason...The patch posted above is still calling the getBatteryDetails function...Should it be the new getTemperatureDetails function?

Thanks!!!

3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Hey Jason...The patch posted above is still calling the getBatteryDetails function...Should it be the new getTemperatureDetails function?

Thanks!!!
    It uses getBatteryDetails as a backup temperature source if the call to SysToolsMgr returns an error (if SysToolsMgr isn't installed, or UberKernel is not detected by SysToolsMgr).

I've not heard of any getTemperatureDetails. Where's that from?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    No prob...I was just confused by what I was seeing in the patch file...

Code:
    +    if(!this.batteryStatusTimer) {
    +        this.batteryStatusTimer = window.setTimeout(this.getBatteryDetails.bind(this), 300000);
    +    }
    +},
    +
    +getTemperatureDetails: function() {
    +    this.batteryStatusTimer = window.setTimeout(this.getBatteryDetails.bind(this), 300000);

Don't worry about it...I'm probably just not looking at it right.

5.    #145  
    Thanks for the mention, that was a bug in the patch

Attached is a fixed patch
    Attached Files Attached Files

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

will this be in preware soon?
    Jason I notice in Preware it keeps saying there is an update for this patch but when you click to update Preware removes the patch and nothing else. Is the version in post 145 different than the one in preware?
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Jason I notice in Preware it keeps saying there is an update for this patch but when you click to update Preware removes the patch and nothing else. Is the version in post 145 different than the one in preware?
    the one in post 145 is newer and not yet on the patches feed

so do you know why preware would keep saying an update is available
    will this make it to preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    will this make it to preware?
    +1
    great
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i have no problem installing with WOSQI, but if I uninstall the preware version, then install this new one, is there a way that when another update comes out that it will recognize that update in preware, or will I always have to check back to this thread (or keep an eye out in preware)?
    Good question, that is why i am waiting to install this as well. will this make it to preware soon? or if i install with qi will it recognize it with updates in preware?
    thank you for great programs
    it says this patch was updated on may 17th. Does it now include cpu temp?

Anyone? I really want to get this installed but want to do it through preware...
    Thank you
    Last edited by graffix31; 05/24/2010 at 08:06 AM.
    I get the warning everytime I use the touchstone. But it doesn't stay in the notification area. It make a sound and then goes away.

any way it can stay there till I swipe it away.?

I'm not always by the phone and wouldn't know it hit 45 until it hit 50
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm running the "production" versions of Device Temperature Warning (1.4.5-1), UberKernel (1.4.5-119) and Govnah (0.7.7) in the public preware feeds, on an AT&T Pre Plus. The phone has been giving me frequent device temperature warnings when on the touchstone, running at 500 MHz (Screenstate 800/500).

Wi-fi and phone data are off, and the dashboard notification about high device temperature pops up, but Govnah isn't showing temperature trends over 32/33.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Is Govnah misreporting my temperature as lower than it is?
    Is the phone triggering temp warnings at lower temps than it should?
    Any chance this patch will be updated to 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    it would be good if the hi temp warnings specified whether they are battery temps or cpu temps.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by greg mair View Post
    i get the warning everytime i use the touchstone. But it doesn't stay in the notification area. It make a sound and then goes away.

Any way it can stay there till i swipe it away.?

I'm not always by the phone and wouldn't know it hit 45 until it hit 50
    +1
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678