Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    How's this patch working with the 720mhz? Anyone seeing high temps?
    With the 800mhz kernel Im getting less temperature warnings than before!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    EDIT: File removed, try the updated version here
    Where? Am I missing something?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    First of all, thanks so much for this patch.

Secondly, have you considered the alert to stay as a notificatioin (like an unchecked SMS) until a lower temperature is reported? This would be nice in case I don't happen to notice the warning for some reason.
    Ok i feel like a total newb but installed this patch and cannot seem to find where i can see what my battery temps are. I s there a way to manually check or do i have to just wait until it warns me?? sorry if this is a dumb question just feel lost?
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13evo View Post
    Ok i feel like a total newb but installed this patch and cannot seem to find where i can see what my battery temps are. I s there a way to manually check or do i have to just wait until it warns me?? sorry if this is a dumb question just feel lost?
    There's a Device Info app version or Device Menu version available which can be used to see the temp anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    There's a Device Info app version or Device Menu version available which can be used to see the temp anytime you want.

Where i can find this app?? i looked thru patches and available apps to no avail. Sorry again for being so newb.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13evo View Post
    Where i can find this app?? i looked thru patches and available apps to no avail. Sorry again for being so newb.
    Here's the forum links where you should be able to download the patch files for use through WOSQI:

[patch] Fahrenheit Temperature with Battery in Device Menu
    [patch] Temperature with Battery in Device Menu
    [patch] Temperature in Device Info

thnx so much
    and i guess i leave the warning there if the phone gets to hot.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    With this patch installed, I keep getting lockups where I can't turn on the phone. Even using the keyboard reboot sequence doesn't do anything. I need a battery pull.

However, the phone is still "on" in the sense that, if I have email notifications, the Pre's hard button still blinks.

I've tried removing this patch, and in 3 days, no more of these lockups. Reinstalled, and problems start again. Remove, and so-far, so good.

Anyone?
    Is there a command you can enter in a Linux Commandline window to get the current temperature?
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    With this patch installed, I keep getting lockups where I can't turn on the phone. Even using the keyboard reboot sequence doesn't do anything. I need a battery pull.

However, the phone is still "on" in the sense that, if I have email notifications, the Pre's hard button still blinks.

I've tried removing this patch, and in 3 days, no more of these lockups. Reinstalled, and problems start again. Remove, and so-far, so good.

Anyone?

Sometimes Patches can cause problems if they are installed together. So you might want to clear all Patches and Themes, then install the Temp Patch. See what happens, then you can start adding more. It's a long process, but that is how I fix issues like this.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUzer View Post
    Is there a command you can enter in a Linux Commandline window to get the current temperature?
    bump.

I use this in a script to log battery stuff and other junk:
    Code:
    grep BATTERY /var/log/messages | grep -v grep | tail -n1 | cut -f2,4,5,6 -d, | /bin/sed -r 's/[^-\.0-9CmAV,]//g'
    Result should look something like "33,30C,184mA,3796mV"

But I sure would like a better direct system call to get this information, that command is horrible.

Also, How do you apply a .patch from the command line?
    Is there a more appropriate way to do it or just use the old $ patch -p0 < app-feature-version.patch
    Last edited by Dolio; 04/22/2010 at 07:41 PM.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolio View Post
    Also, How do you apply a .patch from the command line?
    Is there a more appropriate way to do it or just use the old $ patch -p0 < app-feature-version.patch
    i highly advise against installing patches like that, as the patch would not appear and preware and would not work under AUPT. It's far simpler to just install .patch files from WOSQI
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks jason , i hope palm recognises all the hard work you are doing
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    i highly advise against installing patches like that, as the patch would not appear and preware and would not work under AUPT. It's far simpler to just install .patch files from WOSQI
    Thanks, I won't try to .patch from the shell.

Would you happen to know how to query the system for the temperature from and command line?

Would also like to know how to directly query for the battery properties from the shell, haven't managed to figure it out yet
  18.    #138  
    Here's an updated release:

This one adds support for UberKernel's true CPU temperature detection. If you have UberKernel and the latest release of SysToolsMgr, then CPU temperature will be used, otherwise the battery temperature will be used.

In addition, I've lifted the temperatured warning points from 45*C and 50*C upto 50*C and 55*C, as current testing has shown those temperatures fine.

Lastly, I've also made the patch a bit cleaner, memory-handle-wise.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 05/10/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Will this update replace the preware feed version?

If not replace - what is it's name in Preware?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I'm using UberKernel, but not sure if it's updated or not. Is this in preware yet? If not, i must still be on the old patch because I haven't seen any updates come through for it.

I did have a device temp warning pop-up last night even though the phone was a cool 27 degrees C battery temp and 37 degrees CPU temp. any idea why this would have warned then?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast