Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ra1nman View Post
    Jason, great patch like usual ! ...

i dont know how to script this yet (in a near future it will be another story)

make a auto-reboot when the temp is 55C .. so it will shut down any software... i use my pre with ampache alot when i ride (motorcycle) so the pre is packed away from my hand (and with glove etc it's hard to turn it off, and when i'm in traffic .. i have much more to watch than the temp of my cell)

also i stream alot late at night .. and often i sleep with my pre streaming (with the pre on the touchstone) the other night i woke up with the pre like at 56-57C(@500mhz)

so an option to reboot @ 55C will be usefull for me ! (and other ppl i think) .. maybe a gui to turn this option off if you dont need it!

is it possible to do that ?

It would be pretty cool if the Patch could turn off the phone if the temp gets too high. I would want the Patch to alert me first though. Then if I don't respond, the phone turns off. But then I don't know if the Patch could turn the phone back on.

And have you tried using one of those Laptop coolers? I rest my phone on one when I am downloading large files or streaming. Pulling the hot air off of the phone works better then having a fan set to push the hot air away. But it wouldn't work when your on your motorcycle though; just when your at home.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Is this patch compatible with 1.4.1? As I've never received the warning, not certain if it will work or not post update (or if it needs to be removed/updated...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Is this patch compatible with 1.4.1? As I've never received the warning, not certain if it will work or not post update (or if it needs to be removed/updated...
    it IS compatible. may want to reinstall if you get issues
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    If it helps anyone, I uninstalled the 800 patch, and today was running my usual, including Pandora, Precentral App, and JStop, while charging in my car (not Touchstone), and I got HI TEMP warnings!!! I quick checked the temp using the device menu temp patch and it read 49 C!!! That is a full 10 degrees higher than it ever hit under the same load when I ran 800mhz!!

The overclock actually made my Pre plus run cooler! keep up the good work, Homebrewers!
    I don't see a difference in speed on this Pre. It doesn't seem better or worse.

I checked and the device said it was running at 796, iirc.

One downside, WosQI doesn't recognize the Pre's hooked up, anymore. In fact, the Pre doesn't offer the usb mode option when it's attached. It does say it's charging, though (or, more precisely, the battery icon gets the charging symbol).

EDIT: After an extra restart or two, the usb/just charging/WosQI issue seems to have resolved itself. I still don't see a clear difference in speed, but at least the borking has been kept to a minimum.
    Last edited by west3man; 04/04/2010 at 08:32 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    where did you get that from,my sprint pre say usb mode or just charge,when I connect it via computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    where did you get that from,my sprint pre say usb mode or just charge,when I connect it via computer.
    Where did I get it from? My own experience. Where else?

You seem to think I was talking about YOUR Pre or ALL Pre. I'm not sure why that is.
    oops! My bad... Lol
    my pre just reached 45 degree, then 46 degree Celcius while charging on the touchstone, but I did not see any warnings at all. I'm running 1.4.1.1 on Sprint.

I installed this patch post 1.4.1.1 btw and didn't see any errors so I'm assuming that it installed correctly.
    This is a great patch, the only time I seem to get warnings is when I am charging in the car.

Running 800 MHz and touchstone at home and work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chad.nuesmeyer View Post
    This is a great patch, the only time I seem to get warnings is when I am charging in the car.

Thanks
    I've seen the warning once - in the same position (on the car's Touchstone).

Oddly enough, that Pre has felt MUCH warmer before the kernel was applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    EDIT: File removed, try the updated version here
    That link goes to nothing but the last page of this thread?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I got the warning from the patch. Apparently, my Pre reached 45, while sitting on the Touchstone.

If 45 is the lower end of the danger zone, and a Pre can get that hot just by sitting on the Touchstone (I'm not overclocking), doesn't that suggest that there's a problem with my Pre?

I took the back cover off and the plate below (i.e., bottom of the Pre, not under the battery) was rather hot. Not painful to touch, but it wasn't exactly uncomfortable. The Touchstone itself is rather warm, too (but that's likely from the Pre, I'd think).

Good to see that the warning occurred. But it makes me wonder if there's a problem.
    I think the Touchstone, while being cool and all that, is not energy efficient and a lot is lost as heat dissipated in the charging process.
    I notice too a higher temp on 3g data compared to Wifi
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I found that the patch with 1.4.1.1 works as well.

I was in my car. The Pre was on the Touchstone, playing music, running Sprint Nav (GPS on), Sprint voice and data connected, with phone Bluetooth synced with my Mini (everything but Wi-Fi on). After about 20 minutes, I started getting temp warnings. I tried disconnecting the power to the TS and got another warning. After turning off Bluetooth, no more warnings.

I wonder how hot this bugger got before I had the temp monitor.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    That link goes to nothing but the last page of this thread?
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by chad.nuesmeyer View Post

Thanks
    Are you running your phone with the Overclocking Patch? I keep seeing people posting different things regarding the 800Mhz Overclocking, but I haven't tried it myself.

Is the Overclocking Patch worth the risk? Does it really make all that much of a difference?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Are you running your phone with the Overclocking Patch? I keep seeing people posting different things regarding the 800Mhz Overclocking, but I haven't tried it myself.

Is the Overclocking Patch worth the risk? Does it really make all that much of a difference?
    I tried the overclock was 1.4 and, while it doesn't make your Pre a speed-demon, it puts it at the speed it was meant to run. I didn't get lags, jerky movements, and the like.

It's one of those things that, once you try it, you really don't want to go back.

Palm claims it's dangerous and will void your warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    it IS compatible. may want to reinstall if you get issues
    Jason,
    This patch and all your other work, much appreciated.
    Donated (and also donated earlier to webosinternals)
    Jason - i've gotten the 45C warning multiple times streaming over EV while charging on my touchstone in the car - could you put out a modified patch with setpoints at maybe 47C and 52C?

i have a 15 minute commute and with AC on in the car and no sun on the pre I get the warning once or twice on my drive when i stream with it (TS mounted in the car). I am currently running the 800mHz patch, but got the warning just as much in the week i was running 500mHz after 1.4.1.1.

I'd hope it's just a matter of changing those numbers in the ipk, if so can you make it available? I think ppl are realizing that TS + streaming gets to 45 pretty easily even with stock speed. a modified 47/52 patch would be great THX!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast