Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I have been waiting a while for a patch like this! After I'm done using my phone, I set it ontop of a cooling fan, because I worry about the phone overheating. Now with this Patch I don't have to worry so much.

Thanks!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm getting 40C just charging on my TS!!

I will now be able to see how hot it gets doing a webOS update sitting on my TS.

It might scare me.
    And then make you pretty mad when something goes wrong. Why not just use the standard charger while updating the OS? Prevent some of that extra heat. Are you intentionally trying to have your device fail?

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Of all the things I would warn you... it's to remove the patch before the update.

Of all the things.
    Are you referring to the overclock scripts or this patch? This patch does NOT need to be removed before an update, the overclock scripts would need to be though.

Patches do not need to be removed before an update, lol.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 03/28/2010 at 06:12 PM.
    i never let mine get above 40 anyways..heck even 37 (after a lot of streaming over 3g) i thought was waaay to hot.
    Over clocked and loaded this today. Have not seen a single issue so far, the phone even seems more stable.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm getting 40C just charging on my TS!!

I will now be able to see how hot it gets doing a webOS update sitting on my TS.

It might scare me.
    I use the touchstone and the phone was initially getting really warm but I installed the brightness unlinked app so I could turn the locking screen off and the temp is much lower.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    since it's another background process, anyone know if it has any additional adverse effects on batt life? Phone's been draining more often lately (without overclocking), been trying to determine if any patches have been a cause...
    Just downloaded the patch. Thanks for your hard work
    I got it from Preware.

THANKS A LOT!!!!
    Posted this in the day 3 at 800mhz thread and thought it may be of interest here.
    I should note that I will NOT be pulling the 800mhz off my phone. It is just way to much fun now.

This was an attempt to FORCE the phone to reach these temps and report back here the findings.

Installed the Temperature patch today. I then used the palm (direct) A/C charger, set the phone on my couch "microfiber" armrest and watched ESPN news. I also have the 1350mah battery and invisishield with touchstone back. Pre was closed, 37% brightness and running wifi. .

So I wanted to see what the temp would go up to and what it would do.
    In short order, about 4 mins, the temp was at 45 and the temp monitor patch went off (high temp) at 5 mins. I checked this with the menu temp and the battery monitor app. All read the same. Around the 10 min. mark the phone hit 50c and I got the critical temp warning. Checked the others and the same temp was reported.

The phone was still working perfect but at this point I unplugged the phone, shut down all apps, opened the slider and flipped Pre over with back cover now off. In 30 seconds it dropped down to 48c, in 2 mins it was down to 41c and 10 mins 37c.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    After installing the patch, where do I go to see the temp? I can't seem to find it. Is there an icon in the launcher?
    is it simply a notification of critical temps or can I find my Pre's current temp?
    Last edited by r0xah; 03/29/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    JR,
    Thanks for all the hard work. I installed the 720 with hopes that it would be a little less risky, but the announcement from Palm made me a little anxious about it despite the fact that I love the new performance and I've had no issues at this point. This certainly gives me some "peace of mind"!
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    After installing the patch, where do I go to see the temp? I can't seem to find it. Is there an icon in the launcher?
    No icon. It's a patch, not an app.

Quote Originally Posted by r0xah View Post
    is it simply a notification of critical temps or can I find my Pre's current temp?
    It's simply a warning system. One warning at 45*C, and then a critical warning at 50*C.

For temperature readings, I've released a few other patches for temperature in device menu and temperature in device info app.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank you for your reply!
    This, maybe, totally unrelated but I installed the 800Mhz patch a few days ago on my GSM Pre and have had no problems with it whatsover, no decreased battery life or crashes.

Had my first day back at work today. Phone was at 97% when I got there, checked it again about 4:30 ish and it was down to 37%. Thats with email checking every 2 hrs, one text received, no calls and a few facebook notifications. Signal is normally a good 2 or 3 bars, and I have it locked onto 2G rather than 3G data all day. After finishing work normally after a 14 hr day its usually around the high sixties, early seventies.

The only thing different was the temperature warning patch.

Will have another go when im back at work in a week or so to see if it was purely coincidental.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Ive installed the patch Using WebOSQI...now how do I run or install it....IE where are the sensors notifications, warning and such
    it constantly bugged us in an airconditioned car running just pandora, vz nav, and trapster. Either it's too sensitive or my phone naturally runs hot with no complaints.
  18. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theschles View Post
    it constantly bugged us in an airconditioned car running just pandora, vz nav, and trapster. Either it's too sensitive or my phone naturally runs hot with no complaints.
    I bet that would do it :-)

It's simply checking if the temp is >= 45 so not a question of it being to sensitive.
    When I had posted an idea for an app like this; I was told my Pre didn't need it. That once the phone started running hot, that my phone would automatically shut down. Today while watching TV on my phone, when I was waiting in the parking lot for a doctors appointment; the alarm went off and let me know my phone was running hot. So I was able to turn on my truck and cool the phone with the battery door covery off, with the A/C. So this patch is really, really helpful!

And that BS I was given about the phone turning off was wrong. My phone didn't turn off at all. So if I didn't have this patch on my phone, then I might have ruined my Pre!

So thanks again for making this patch!!!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Jason, great patch like usual ! ...

i dont know how to script this yet (in a near future it will be another story)

make a auto-reboot when the temp is 55C .. so it will shut down any software... i use my pre with ampache alot when i ride (motorcycle) so the pre is packed away from my hand (and with glove etc it's hard to turn it off, and when i'm in traffic .. i have much more to watch than the temp of my cell)

also i stream alot late at night .. and often i sleep with my pre streaming (with the pre on the touchstone) the other night i woke up with the pre like at 56-57C(@500mhz)

so an option to reboot @ 55C will be usefull for me ! (and other ppl i think) .. maybe a gui to turn this option off if you dont need it!

is it possible to do that ?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast