Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I, too, had issues after installing this patch. The UI got extremely laggy and the touchscreen required very slow and over-emphasized motions to work. Many reboots and complete lockups. I happened to be able to run JSTop while it was happening and saw that Systemui had a huge number of handles open (3000+). I uninstalled the patch and have tried running everything I could to get it to repeat itself and so far, it's running like a champ. Screenshot of JSTop attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #42  
    I think I figured the issue. I'll have an update in few min.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I think I figured the issue. I'll have an update in few min.
    Good to hear.
    Wow fast. Thanks for the work!
    Same has happened to me. Just pulled battery, will remove patch and see if that fixes it.

*EDIT N/M, a bit late to the party
  6.    #46  
    Try this patch and tell me if ya get the issue still.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/27/2010 at 10:19 AM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    same to me. uninstalled, and all is fine again.

EDIT: Testing new patch.
    Working great so far.
    Thanks Jason!
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    will do in a bit...thanks for the quick work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try this patch and tell me if ya get the issue still.
    thanks Jason....I'll fire up the new and improved patch in a bit as well. Will report back with any issues, etc.

late,
    Coz
    this is why I hate work.... I gotta wait till I get home to instal the patch....
    Just so you know Jason I had a little problem that I dont know if its related to your patch. I had it on for about three hours and all of a sudden my phone started running real slow. I thought it had to do with the 800 kernel so I tried to get it into dev mode and it would reboot but never showing it in dev mode when I checked. I finally got the patch removed using preware and now I can get it into devmode and uninstall the kernel.

edit: Nevermind I'm slow and didn't read the third page.
    Jason,

I've uninstalled the old patch and reinstalled your new version. After luna reboot I did a full restart just in case. I'll report back if I experience the sluggishness again. Thanks!
    nevermind
    Last edited by octoberorange; 03/26/2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: nevermind
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    What's a quick way to tell it's actually running after the install and Luna restart?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    What's a quick way to tell it's actually running after the install and Luna restart?
    i made mine go off when i had it on my touch stone and was on youtube and it went off.. installing new patch now,
    battery pull worked temporarily for me too. Mine has done this lock up thing three times now. uninstalling the patch now. Jason, you are still awsome, we are just your testers for this patch. take your time, we can just use battery monitor to keep track of the temps.
    OOPS, I guess I should refresh my browser after taking a nap. I uninstalled the old one, and will now do a battery pull to restart then try the new patch.
    Last edited by jakelaw; 03/26/2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    I, too, had issues after installing this patch. The UI got extremely laggy and the touchscreen required very slow and over-emphasized motions to work. Many reboots and complete lockups. I happened to be able to run JSTop while it was happening and saw that Systemui had a huge number of handles open (3000+). I uninstalled the patch and have tried running everything I could to get it to repeat itself and so far, it's running like a champ. Screenshot of JSTop attached.
    Not to hijack the thread, but where did you get JSTop? I would love to have that kind of info. I leave the Windows Task Manager up all the time. not for any real purpose other than being curious.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but where did you get JSTop? I would love to have that kind of info. I leave the Windows Task Manager up all the time. not for any real purpose other than being curious.
    Preware or WOSQI in the WebOS-Internals Feed

Thanks Jason!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast