Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    All hail, Jason! Thanks man!
    - acarback

aka Roots Up Development
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    man you are awesome I hope palm compensates you for fixing there phone in my opinion your the reason there still afloat great job man
    Yeah - i'm guessing the holdup is just getting a hold of that TN visa for you to immigrate to the US from Canada (PS marrying an american works too - waiting on my green card now! )
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Is there anything on our phone we can look at with this patch, or does it just work in the background.
    It's all background running.

However, I do planning on doing a second patch that simply adds battery temperature to Device Info app
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    thank you, master.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Is it possible to install a .patch from the Linux command line via novaterm?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    just installed it (drag and drop into the webOSqi) and it restarted my Pre, is that normal?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Is it possible to install a .patch from the Linux command line via novaterm?
    Technically, yes. Recommended, no. Such an install would be off-standard and thus wouldn't appear in Preware or WOSQI and might cause issues with OTA updates.

Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    just installed it (drag and drop into the webOSqi) and it restarted my Pre, is that normal?
    Yep. It wasn't a full reset, just a luna reset, which is standard for patches.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I'd like to point out the Donate button in Jason's signature...

Jason, has Palm sent you a job offer yet? Not that it would be the best career move all things considered...
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Technically, yes. Recommended, no. Such an install would be off-standard and thus wouldn't appear in Preware or WOSQI and might cause issues with OTA updates.
    I guess I'll have to wait for it to show up on Preware then I was never able to get WOSQI to install on my MacBook. Obviously that's an isolated issue, but I'm cool with waiting.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    What's "C" ?!?! :-)
    It's the scale most of the world is using to measure temperature. Water freezes at 0C and boils at 100C. The Kelvin scale is the same but 0 K is -273.15C.

0C = 0 X 1.8 + 32 = 32F
    100C = 100 X 1.8 + 32 = 212F

And this one will probably blow your american mind ;-)

-40C = -40 X 1.8 + 32 = -40F

Thanks for this.. How about a patch that adds the temp to the Top Bar too?

I like nerdy numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Too bad I can't do the Thanks! Button twice.
    So send him a donation instead!
    I'm experiencing problems after I installed this patch.
    I don't know if this is Jeff's overclocking 800MHz or this patch
    But My phone seriously lags, and locks up, it didn't do this before and I've had the 800MHZ installed for days now with no problems.
    I can't turn off the screen, turn off the phone, switch to different pages in the launcher.
    And no apps open.
    Anyone experiencing this?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    But My phone seriously lags, and locks up, it didn't do this before and I've had the 800MHZ installed for days now with no problems.
    I can't turn off the screen, turn off the phone, switch to different pages in the launcher.
    And no apps open.
    I haven't seen that personally. Tried doing a battery pull?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I haven't seen that personally. Tried doing a battery pull?
    Yes, I have.
    About 3 times.
    All three times I've let the battery sit out for at least 5 mins before putting back in.
    I'll try to uninstall the patch see if it changes anything.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    And no apps open.
    I just had the same thing happen to me .. I did the "Hold power button, toggle ringer switch 3 times thing " to get it back.. weird.

Will report back if it happens again.
    Dang Taking all the good programs from me. LOL but thats ok I just don't have the time to actually code it.
    And no apps open.
    Ditto! Locked up three times. I had to pull the battery to regain control. I removed the 800 kernel and still had issues with lockups, lags, etc.

Am going to uninstall the temperature patch and reinstall the 800 kernel.

late,
    Coz
    Okay so I removed the patch and now the touch screen isn't working.
    I'm losing signal every now and again too.
    Okay so I removed the patch and now the touch screen isn't working.
    I'm losing signal every now and again too.
    Ditto! Had to pull the battery and am waiting for it to reboot. Unistalled via WebOSQI. I have not yet reinstalled the 800 kernel.

late,
    Coz

EDIT: pulling the battery worked. Am going to reinstall the 800 kernel.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast