Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ospreyguy
  • 1 Post By ospreyguy
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I am looking to be able to have custom phone labels. Like instead of home, cell, work etc. It can be whatever I want... Google contacts had this at one point but it has gone away... I wouldn't think it would be all that hard but I haven't made any patches so I really have no freaking clue...
    Last edited by ospreyguy; 03/25/2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Trovatore likes this.
    Are there certain entries you're looking for? If you just want to change home/cell/work i can probably edit those to be what you like, but if you wish to add different options, that may be a task for another user.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I think it would need to be custom. For instance I have 2 work numbers. 1 is a direct line to me and the other is a main line I use to get things like weather closing updates and give to the gen population. So instead of calling the both work may one work and the other direct. Just an example... Thanks so much for checking!!
    Trovatore likes this.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Anyone have any ideas about this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    I think it would need to be custom. For instance I have 2 work numbers. 1 is a direct line to me and the other is a main line I use to get things like weather closing updates and give to the gen population. So instead of calling the both work may one work and the other direct. Just an example... Thanks so much for checking!!
    This is really the same need i have. Anything new?
    The thing is that custom fields are probably not supported by the Palm Profile server and every other server (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) uses its own method to define custom fields, so even if a patch adds such support for your webOS device it won't sync correctly. I think it doesn't worth the trouble.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?