Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch adds the total number of messages to the chatview header of each conversation.

It is submitted for Preware...Please see post #18 for an updated file.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks. I'd love to see how long my conversations are with my main contacts!
    Nice work!
    Is it limited to only update when you choose a conversation?
    I noticed when you have a conversation open and get a new message the number doesn't change.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    great work love it and didn't realize I needed it until I installed.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Nice work!
    Is it limited to only update when you choose a conversation?
    I noticed when you have a conversation open and get a new message the number doesn't change.
    Unfortunately, yes...It's the way the counts are set up in the Messaging app...I wasn't sure it was worth the effort or extra code to have it update as msgs are rec'd.

Ah I am looking forward to using this!! I can't wait for it to hit preware because I don't have access to my computer right now.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Thaaaaaank Yooooou!.. . . .

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to have the total number count per conversation on the messaging main page with all the contacts as apposed to within each contacts conversations??

Great work.
    Everybody wants some!..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is it possible to have the total number count per conversation on the messaging main page with all the contacts as apposed to within each contacts conversations??
    Actually, I originally looked at doing it via the listview...It didn't jump out and bite me, so I settled on the "patch" of least resistance...

I'll probably try to revisit it tonight or tomorrow though because it would be a good addition with updating too...Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's possible from what I see so far.

I saw this posted awhile ago in a requested topic.
    Nice to see it has it's own thread now.
    Thanks for the patch.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    sounds interesting, I'll install on preware. Idea: could a number be put at each message for reference? Maybe for or nxt to the avatar, or on the timestamp line?
    Just let me say, this is a mighty fine patch.
    I like it just how it is. Although having a counter on the messaging main page would be great. I'm not too fond of havign each individual message numbered
    I get an ipkg error on Preware (Sprint Pre)... Should I try to install via WOSQI? I don't usually get errors unless patches are conflicting - any known conflicts here? Thanks!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by funktron2x View Post
    I get an ipkg error on Preware (Sprint Pre)... Should I try to install via WOSQI? I don't usually get errors unless patches are conflicting - any known conflicts here? Thanks!
    You'll need to post your webos-patches.log...Please post the file rather than a cut & paste.

This really shouldn't be any conflicts because this patch is fairly compact......You never know though.

Coming right up! (though, why do I feel like I'm at a physical and a doctor is asking me to turn my head and cough, lol)

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15.    #15  
    OK...Out of 134 installations, it's not listed anywhere in your log file, so you're going to have to try again through Preware and write down the error message to post it.

Well, there we go. Sometimes you just need to reboot the damn phone, I guess. I did so, tried an install for the third time (first after reboot), and now we're golden.

Thanks, and sorry for taking any of your time!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by funktron2x View Post
    Well, there we go. Sometimes you just need to reboot the damn phone, I guess. I did so, tried an install for the third time (first after reboot), and now we're golden.

Thanks, and sorry for taking any of your time!!
    I'm really glad it worked for you...Just use your thanks button on a couple of the posts above, I'm good.

18.    #18  
    Here's an update version...It will change the number when the chat thread is open and messages are sent, received, or deleted.

I'm still working on the putting total in the listview...I don't like the enumeration idea, so someone else will have to do it.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    joshy12100, Rnp and sshaka like this.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update.

My ideal version would use the 'Character Counter' patch little icon with the total SMS number(s) per contact on the main messaging page.
    Hope that makes sense.?

Thanks for your efforts!
    Everybody wants some!..
  20.    #20  
    FWIW...I submitted the update above to Preware.

I'm still having trouble figuring out how to get the count into the listview, so it's going to have to wait for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast