Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I think I'd be cool if this functionality was added to the advanced launcher config patch
    Yeah, I would love that. It would be tricky, though, because it would require a lot more functionality than the manual code entry I've been using. Hopefully this can be added to that patch (or via a future WebOS update) someday.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Where is the global-search-assistant.jsjsjs $found$? $I$'$ve$ $poked$ $around$ $in$ $all$ $the$ $directories$ $and$ $sub$-$directories$, $and$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $it$ $anywhere$.

Thanks,
    Laurie
    \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-applauncher\app\controllers\global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Rob
    Finally got around to play with this. Very sweet. I modified so typing dev gets me dev mode. Simple, right?

Then I added the code in text#1 at top of file, and text #2 after the keaster reference towards the middle of the file. My goal was to generate all those icons when I type sett or settings.
    But when I type either in global search, I only see the icons for Updates, Backup, and Regional Settings (which I didnt even include, but I must be hitting the word settings).
    I know the attached global assistant looks jumbled, but could you take a look at it?

What did I do wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 08/23/2010 at 02:16 PM.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Rob
    Finally got around to play with this. Very sweet. I modified so typing dev gets me dev mode. Simple, right?

Then I added the code in text#1 at top of file, and text #2 after the keaster reference towards the middle of the file. My goal was to generate all those icons when I type sett or settings.
    But when I type either in global search, I only see the icons for Updates, Backup, and Regional Settings (which I didnt even include, but I must be hitting the word settings).
    I know the attached global assistant looks jumbled, but could you take a look at it?

What did I do wrong?
    I looked at your code, and it's not working correctly because you have a typo in one of your variables: You have "LocationpApp" in one place rather than "LocationApp". When that happens, the device ignores everything after the typo. If you correct that edit, it should work fine. I don't see anything else that should cause a problem.

Rob

P.S. I think you are right that "Regional Settings" is showing up because it has "Settings" in the title.
    Rob Robinson
    sure enough. Took out that extra p, and it works like a charm. If I type sett or settings in univ search, I get a page with location, terminal, switcharoo, backup, and updates. Very cool find. No need to have those icons in a launcher page as they are very rarely used.

thanks again

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Lots of patches
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    sure enough. Took out that extra p, and it works like a charm. If I type sett or settings in univ search, I get a page with location, terminal, switcharoo, backup, and updates. Very cool find. No need to have those icons in a launcher page as they are very rarely used.

thanks again
    Good deal! I'm glad that it's working now.

Hey, I have great news to share. I asked Sconix, the developer for the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch, if he could add the ability to hide pages to that patch. He did even better: He added the ability to hide apps and to rename them by the orange+tap key combination (which currently brings up the app name and details in the launcher).

In other words, we'll soon be able to hide and rename apps from within the launcher, without all this hackery. I decided to donate $30 to support Sconix both for adding this feature and for the great work he's done with Mode Switcher. (If you haven't tried that yet, you really should).

Would you consider supporting Sconix's work with a donation, too? It doesn't have to be $30, it can be any amount. (To others reading this thread, if you're interested in this updated patch and/or Mode Switcher, please consider donating to support the developer. Link below.)

Rob

P.S. I don't have any connection at all to the developer. He's in Finland, and I'm in Tennessee. (Well, this week I'm in California, but that's another story...) He's super responsive and does great work. Please support this effort!
    Rob Robinson
  8.    #28  
    I think I'd be cool if this functionality was added to the advanced launcher config patch
    damn sconix did it! http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2628374 and you can unhide them from the app list in device info!
    Sconix is the man!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilongbored View Post
    Sconix is the man!
    He sure is. This patch is incredible now. It makes the Pre an even better device.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    truly amazing that Finnish guy. wow.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Lots of patches
    damn sconix did it! [url] and you can unhide them from the app list in device info!
    Thank you! You saved me a partial data loss by the advise of an incompetent palm pre support personal!
    Rob
    Just to reiterate/confirm a point from another post.

Apps that need to run in the background: Jstop, batterysaver, preset reset, switcharoo cannot be hidden, correct? Otherwise they will not run. I hid battery saver, and I found the phone in full data mode when it was supposed to be in airplane mode.
    If we want to hide the icons for this type of apps, can I use the archive folder method you suggested?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    If you really wanted to hide something and be able to unhide it later, you'd have to do two things.

1. Change the appinfo.json as suggested by Veritas06, so the app is hidden.

2. Patch the global-search-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $use$ $the$ $kEasterApp$ $variable$ $for$ $whatever$ $apps$ $you$ $decide$ $to$ $hide$.

It's right at the beginning of the file...Here's an example of what should work:
    Code:
    var kEasterStrings = ["STRING1", "STRING2"];
    var kEasterApp = {
        {
            title: 'APP1 TITLE',  
            icon: 'PATCH TO APP1 ICON',  //to be found in the app's main folder
            id: 'NAME OF THE APP1s MAIN FOLDER',
            params: {}
        },
        {
            title: 'APP2 TITLE',  
            icon: 'PATCH TO APP2 ICON',  //to be found in the app's main folder
            id: 'NAME OF THE APP2s MAIN FOLDER',
            params: {}
        }
    };
    I hope that makes sense.

sorry, but what does patching the global search assistant do? I'm kinda new to all this
    i am trying to tidy up my launcher
    I want to hide the app icon from the launcher but still make the app searchable using Just Type
    because I have a touchpad, the Acal patch would probably not work...
    On TouchPad, I used Internalz to find the global search assistant.
    Instead, I found this: LaunchPointSearch
    It is attached below.
    the path on touchpad is...
    /usr/lib/Luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/LaunchPointSearch.is
    I attached the keaster part I found below...
    -----------------
    kEasterStrings: ["upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", "webos20090606"],
    kEasterApp: {
    title: 'Developer Mode Enabler',
    icon: '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/icon.png',
    id: 'com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher',
    -----------------
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12