Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    With the invention of Ghastly Headset to fix the stupid bug/hardware defect of the phone getting stuck in headset mode I thought it might be possible for the bright minds out there to disable the wired headset mode. Who uses wired headsets now-a-days anyway?
    It would be great to either disable it entirely or to have the option to disable it put into the device menu. Both patches would be great.
    Please Please Please
  2. #2  
    I made a patch I've been using for the last week or so that basically does this. It's not the proper means of fixing the problem by any means, but at least now I can talk on my phone like a normal person instead of talking to everyone on speaker phone

    It basically just locks the phone app into front speaker(normal) mode. The only downside is you can't use speaker phone now either. I'll fix that when I get around to it, but for now if anyone wants to try it out you can download the patch here:
    edit: sorry, forgot the link: http://dev.justynshull.com/disable_headset_mode.patch

    I'll fix the speaker mode not working later and submit it to precentral if I can.
    Last edited by johntash; 04/29/2010 at 05:22 AM.
  3. #3  
    Does this patch remove the ability to play music out loud or with headphones?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    Does this patch remove the ability to play music out loud or with headphones?
    I haven't actually tested Pandora or any other media apps, but the patch only affects the phone app. It does force the phone into normal non-headset mode though, so I'm not sure how Pandora and such would handle it. I'd suspect they'd still be stuck in headset mode with or without the patch.

    I will test it out and let you know.

    edt: Pandora still thinks its stuck in headset mode. Does this on mine with or without the changes I made to the phone app, and before and after placing a call.
  5. #5  
    I updated the patch so you can use the phone app's selector to choose between headset, speaker, or normal phone handset mode. The phone app will always start in normal front speaker mode though.
    http://dev.justynshull.com/disable_headset_mode.patch
    phone/phone-disable-headsetmode.patch - justyns-modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

    Still needs cleaned up, but I'll do that later and open a new thread since I this isn't exactly what the OP wanted.
  6. #6  
    it would be great if this patch just always would keep the option of selecting the normal headset, if palm would have just done this in the first place we wouldn't all have this issue.
    will this patch make it default to headset even if I have this connected to my card bluetooth?
    thanks
  7. #7  
    Right now it defaults to normal headset no matter what. I haven't tried it out with my bluetooth, but I'd suspect it won't start in bluetooth mode automatically. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know.
    It wouldn't be hard to just leave the option of selecting headset, etc and not forcing one by default.
  8. #8  
    Did anyone ever test if a Bluetooth headset will preempt the normal phone speaker with this patch.
    Also is this patch in going to be put in Preware?

    Also does this still work with the new 1.4.5 patch?
    Last edited by cryptis; 08/13/2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: version question
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptis View Post
    Did anyone ever test if a Bluetooth headset will preempt the normal phone speaker with this patch.
    Also is this patch in going to be put in Preware?

    Also does this still work with the new 1.4.5 patch?
    Haven't installed 1.4.5 yet but it definitely works with bluetooth, phone still defaults to it if you have a headset connected.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johntash View Post
    I made a patch I've been using for the last week or so that basically does this. It's not the proper means of fixing the problem by any means, but at least now I can talk on my phone like a normal person instead of talking to everyone on speaker phone

    It basically just locks the phone app into front speaker(normal) mode. The only downside is you can't use speaker phone now either. I'll fix that when I get around to it, but for now if anyone wants to try it out you can download the patch here:
    edit: sorry, forgot the link: http://dev.justynshull.com/disable_headset_mode.patch

    I'll fix the speaker mode not working later and submit it to precentral if I can.
    Is this working on a sprint pre 1.4.5??

    Thanks
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandaman2k View Post
    Is this working on a sprint pre 1.4.5??

    Thanks
    Just installed it on 1.4.5 sprint pre and it works like a champ!
  12. dizzwave's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #12  
    Ahh, just installed it and it works great! Thanks johntash!
    and thanks nyquistJack, for pointing me to this patch from one of the other threads about the annoying headset bug.
  13. dizzwave's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #13  
    hmmmmm, okay, so with this patch installed, if I get an incoming call, the ringtone plays out of the earpiece instead of the speaker -- so it is super quiet (unless I put it to my ear!).
    Not really usable like this... Am I missing something?
    Would Ghastly Headset take care of this?
    tx,
    dave
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    hmmmmm, okay, so with this patch installed, if I get an incoming call, the ringtone plays out of the earpiece instead of the speaker -- so it is super quiet (unless I put it to my ear!).
    Not really usable like this... Am I missing something?
    Would Ghastly Headset take care of this?
    tx,
    dave
    hmm, you may be right. It's been so long since my ringers worked right I knid of ignored it. I'll see what I can figure out...
  15. #15  
    all you have to do is grab a q-tip and dip it in alcohol then insert the q-tip in the jackhole, you will be amazed at the amount of dirt that you will find on the swab

    fixed my problem three months ago, has been fine ever since
  16. #16  
    is this patch in Preware? This is such a common problem with these older Pre's can we make it avail there?
  17. forcvcr's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #17  
    does bluetooth work with the patch?
  18. #18  
    It is not in preware, the dev seems to have gone awol. And bluetooth works like a champ
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by johntash View Post
    I updated the patch so you can use the phone app's selector to choose between headset, speaker, or normal phone handset mode. The phone app will always start in normal front speaker mode though.
    http://dev.justynshull.com/disable_headset_mode.patch
    phone/phone-disable-headsetmode.patch - justyns-modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

    Still needs cleaned up, but I'll do that later and open a new thread since I this isn't exactly what the OP wanted.
    Hi Johntash
    Sorry for asking but how does one instal the phone-disbale-headsetmode patch?
    My phone appears to be stuck in head set mode. I was hoping to download your patch via preware but I can't find it. Should I download it by some other means?
    cheers, NK_Newbury
  20. #20  
    Please update to 2.1. Thanks..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions