Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    all you have to do is grab a q-tip and dip it in alcohol then insert the q-tip in the jackhole, you will be amazed at the amount of dirt that you will find on the swab

fixed my problem three months ago, has been fine ever since
    This no longer works on my Pre. I'll do it, put a piece of tape over the hole to ensure no dirt gets in and within a few minutes, it has switched back to headset mode. It has to do with the actual hardware inside getting stuck in a certain position.
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    Hi Johntash
    Sorry for asking but how does one instal the phone-disbale-headsetmode patch?
    My phone appears to be stuck in head set mode. I was hoping to download your patch via preware but I can't find it. Should I download it by some other means?
    cheers, NK_Newbury
    Install it via the Internalz app or with webOS Quick Install.
    Nevermind, I didn't realize it was just the code. Doesn't this have to be packaged somehow for Internalz or webOS QI to recognize and install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    It is not in preware, the dev seems to have gone awol. And bluetooth works like a champ
    How did you install this patch on your device?
    Wow, I feel bad for abandoning this thread now. Sorry guys.

No this isn't in preware. AfaikAfaikAfaik $it$ $does$ $not$ $work$ $with$ $the$ $webos$ $quick$ $installer$, $you$ $have$ $to$ $ssh$ $into$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $apply$ $the$ $patch$. $There$ $is$ $not$ $a$ $2$.$1$ $version$ $of$ $this$. $I$ $still$ $have$ $a$ $pre$ $laying$ $around$ $though$ $so$ $I$ $may$ $update$ $that$ $to$ $2$.$1$ $and$ $make$ $this$ $patch$ $work$ $for$ $it$ $if$ $there$'$s$ $still$ $interest$ $for$ $it$?
    Quote Originally Posted by johntash View Post
    Wow, I feel bad for abandoning this thread now. Sorry guys.

No this isn't in preware. AfaikAfaikAfaik $it$ $does$ $not$ $work$ $with$ $the$ $webos$ $quick$ $installer$, $you$ $have$ $to$ $ssh$ $into$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $apply$ $the$ $patch$. $There$ $is$ $not$ $a$ $2$.$1$ $version$ $of$ $this$. $I$ $still$ $have$ $a$ $pre$ $laying$ $around$ $though$ $so$ $I$ $may$ $update$ $that$ $to$ $2$.$1$ $and$ $make$ $this$ $patch$ $work$ $for$ $it$ $if$ $there$'$s$ $still$ $interest$ $for$ $it$?
    Do a search in the forums, but what I did to fix the headset issue on my pre- was to literally stuff a stirring straw behind the headset jack. It's been working fine for weeks!
    For 2.1 only! I have added a disable headset toggle to AudioSwitch. I could not test it fully because my headset still works as it should. The disable only works once the headset is connected, but that seems to be the case with those having the headset issue, I believe.It only disables the headset.

I developed the audioSwitch for linphone, and could without to much effort add this disable switch. It is all alpha stage development. Once it all works it might come out as a patch in due time. It is a IPK now, download, unzip and install it through QI for example.
    Please update to 2.2.4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12