webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Media Volume Control in Device Menu
[Patch] Media Volume Control in Device Menu

Old 03/22/2010, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

By request, I have separated out this function from my original implementation here.

Please be advised compatibility with other device menu mods can be hit or miss, but it should work with most individual style DM patches...See post #15 for the most current patch file.

2010-03-23: Patch file has been updated to provide a wide range of compatibility with other top bar/device menu mods.
2010-04-05: Modified to work with Temp in DM patches

Enjoy!

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.

Attached Images
File Type: png DM_MediaVolControl.png (105.9 KB, 820 views) Email Attachment

Please don't forget your thanks button. --- Appreciate my efforts? -- Donate?

Various patches I've worked on:
Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/26/2010 at 09:12 PM.
xanthinealkaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2010, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

how do you install after downloading patch? ty
tonyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2010, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb81 View Post
how do you install after downloading patch? ty
For now, you can install via WebOS Quick Install...

How To: Install .patch files with WOSQI

I'll probably submit it for Preware later this week.

Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
Thanked by discolightning, pmendez
Old 03/22/2010, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you.
Old 03/22/2010, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well, it's not playing nice with something else I've got... getting a failure message when trying to install.

Code:
------------------------------------------------------
PATCH INSTALLATION Mon Mar 22 20:34:03 MST 2010
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm/media-vol-control-dm.patch

----------------------------------
Dry run patch attempt...
patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js
Hunk #1 FAILED at 36.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 43.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 126 with fuzz 2 (offset 2 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 157 (offset 15 lines).
Hunk #5 FAILED at 1059.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 1105.
4 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
Hunk #1 succeeded at 19 with fuzz 1 (offset -7 lines).

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js
Hunk #1 FAILED at 36.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 42.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 122.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 138.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 1028.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 1073.
6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
Unreversed patch detected!  Ignore -R? [n] 
Apply anyway? [n] 
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Installation FAILED!
4 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm:
media-vol-control-dm.patch
package_list
*** FAILED ***
The current Device Menu patches I have are; Brightness in Device Menu, Flashlight in Device Menu and No date...

I'm going to experiment a bit and see if I can get it to work, but if anyone can tell what is conflicting based on the error log above, I'd appreciate it.
Old 03/23/2010, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spader View Post
Well, it's not playing nice with something else I've got... getting a failure message when trying to install.
Quote:
The current Device Menu patches I have are; Brightness in Device Menu, Flashlight in Device Menu and No date...

I'm going to experiment a bit and see if I can get it to work, but if anyone can tell what is conflicting based on the error log above, I'd appreciate it.
I'm farily certain the patch is probably conflicting with the Brightness in Device Menu patch you have installed.

Thanked by discolightning, Spader
Old 03/23/2010, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Here's a version which should be more compatible in general.

Please test the installation and functionality.

EDIT: see OP for updated file

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 03/24/2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03/23/2010, 08:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for looking at that, I'll try to install the new version tonight and report back.
Old 03/24/2010, 01:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Still getting an error...

Code:
PATCH INSTALLATION Tue Mar 23 23:04:11 MST 2010
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm-ver2/media-vol-control-dm-ver2.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 39 with fuzz 1 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 132.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 240 (offset 40 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 1089 (offset 41 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 1148 (offset 53 lines).
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
Hunk #1 succeeded at 19 with fuzz 1 (offset -7 lines).

Apply anyway? [n] 
Skipping patch.
6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
Apply anyway? [n] 
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Installation FAILED!
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm-ver2
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm-ver2:
media-vol-control-dm-ver2.patch
package_list
*** FAILED ***
I don't have time tonight to experiment, but I will try tomorrow evening and see if removing one or more of my other device menu patches will allow this one to install.
Old 03/24/2010, 08:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Still getting an error...
You only had one hunk fail, so you'll be ok without any experimenting.

Unfortunately, it's problem with having so many possible changes to one file.

Anyhow, I updated the OP with a version that should work with a wide range of top bar/device menu mods.

Thanked by discolightning, Spader
Old 03/24/2010, 09:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'll give the new version a shot tonight and report back. Thanks a ton for working on this.
Old 03/24/2010, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Success!

The newest version of the patch in the first post worked perfectly for me. Great work!
Old 03/24/2010, 11:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

thank you, xanthinealkaloid! this is a patch I can use every day. when i'm in the car, i use a universal mount that covers the volume buttons, and this will allow me to adjust volume without removing the phone.
discolightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2010, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

FYI...submitted for Preware.

Old 03/29/2010, 02:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Here's an updated patch file which should work with or without Jason's recent DM temp patches.

Please note: Whether you installed via Preware or WOSQI, you will need to uninstall before applying this version through WOSQI.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
Attached Files
File Type: patch media-vol-control-dm-UPDATE.patch (4.4 KB, 236 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/26/2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03/30/2010, 02:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
rpr

I tried installing your patch after the following:

JR's Device Menu Remix with Flashlight
JR's Temperature with Battery in Device Menu

and it still fails:

PATCH INSTALLATION Tue Mar 30 15:55:58 AST 2010
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm-update/media-vol-control-dm-update.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 39 with fuzz 1 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 131 with fuzz 1 (offset 5 lines).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 147.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 1104 (offset 56 lines).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 1144.
2 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
Hunk #1 succeeded at 34 with fuzz 1 (offset 8 lines).

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.

Installation FAILED!
2 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.js.rej
ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm-update
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.media-vol-control-dm-update:
media-vol-control-dm-update.patch
package_list
*** FAILED ***
Old 03/30/2010, 03:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr View Post
I tried installing your patch after the following:

JR's Device Menu Remix with Flashlight
JR's Temperature with Battery in Device Menu

and it still fails:
I've done just about everything I can to make this particular patch compatible with the individual DM patches available...It's unlikely it will be compatible with any DM mix style patches, unless it's specifically integrated into it.

For clarification, I did the Megamix here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rol-added.html

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 03/31/2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03/31/2010, 10:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
Here's an updated patch file which should work with or without Jason's recent DM temp patches.
With the exception of the DM Remix, how's the update working for everyone?

Old 03/31/2010, 12:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
rpr

Okay, thanks for the update.
Old 03/31/2010, 01:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

I haven't tried the new update, as the one I have is working perfectly so I have no need to change.

Thanks again, though for your work on this patch, it's saved my mornings a couple times already. haha

Tags
patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0