1.    #1  
    not really sure where to post this. whether here or just webos development. but anyway i was wondering if it possible to make a sms popup like the one shown in the attached image. when this feature is enabled the notification on the bottom would not happen. it does not have to be styled like the iphone but just the idea i think would be sweet. anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikexmayhem; 03/25/2010 at 09:36 AM.
  2.    #2  
    no?
  3.    #3  
    or maybe instead of having a popup.. and text entry field with small send button pops up with the default notification. like right underneath it. so you dont even have to touch it to open the app. you just start typing. if you have mulitple.. you just reply to one and it goes away and moves to the next notification
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    That would be great!
    This is funny because the whole point of webOS notifications (and one of webOS's strongest attributes) is that notifications are nothing like the ones found on the iPhone.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Maybe they need a global setting: "make my phone work like an iphone" that would disable multitasking and turn on obtrusive notifications.

/sarcasm.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    HAHA! My issue is how long it takes to open the messenger once I get the notification. All I need to do is type "K" but it feels like it takes a lot longer than it should...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    If you want to improve performance, go look in the thread about the 800MHz kernel install. thorne
    anyone know of any development on something like this or anything already out there that resembles this. I am leaning towards getting a pixi, but not getting at least some type of popup messaging app to read a text is a deal breaker for me unfortunately.
    ....the whole point with webOS notification system is that they are not obtrusive like the iPhone. You will not see anything like this coming from Palm/HP in the near future.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    he doesn't really want the obtrusive notificaion but in the notification tray having an entry field to quickly send a message without opening the messaging app. I think it would be cool.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT