1.    #1  
    This patch basically removes the "Battery charging" banner message when plugged into USB to a computer.

Essentially letting the USB dashboard appear quickly, not having to wait for the "Battery charging" banner message to disappear.

This patch works well with my "Just Charge" By Default patch
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/20/2010 at 06:12 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I just noticed there is no Thank button on the mobile forum site!

Thanks!
    Is the patch in WOSQI ? and will it make to Preware soon? Thanks dude, you rock, and I love your spirit!

What's up with the parental controls?!? LOL
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Works great!! Thanks
    just copy it on over!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    Is the patch in WOSQI ? and will it make to Preware soon? Thanks dude, you rock, and I love your spirit!

What's up with the parental controls?!? LOL
    My .patch releases always eventually make it to preware/wosqi. However for now, just install via WOSQI, as per usual. It's on the same AUPT patching standard as the feed patches anyway.

Parental controls are interesting. They'd need a combination of an app and a patch. It's on my to-do list, but I have a few other projects of priority at the moment.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hrm, how would one enable USB mode once this is applied :>

Also, Jason... You've done too many things. You need a website that just lists all the ipk's for your awesomesauce.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    just tap the area and it will pop up
    Is there a way to disable the display altogether, even as a small dashboard icon? I can always press Orange+Shift+U if I want to start the USB Drive.
    Do you need the "just charge by default" patch also to use this one?
  11. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    doesn't work for me. I tried the .patch file and the one on Preware and still get the charging battery message at the bottom. I did not have any errors when installing and YES I did restart (a few times). Any ideas?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  12. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Nobody else had this problem? This really bothers me because I really want this patch to work.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    This only takes effect if you are charging by USB.

With touchstone or car/wall adapter, the notification will still appear. This patch doesn't change that.
    Doesn't seem to work, I installed it, plug into the usb charging and I can still see the notification banner below, i.e. the one that you tap and it will expand to "tap for usb drive" thing.. I thought this patch will make the whole thing disappear?
  15. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    No, it just removes the part where it says 'Battery Charging' *before* the notification banner pops up.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Not working for me either, I've reset a couple of times as well and still see the charging banner.