1.    #1  
    I wanted to use my GMail account as my "authority" for my contacts list, and found that there was a lot of unwanted clutter in my contacts lists. I was able to remove Facebook from syncing with my Contacts, while still allowing the Facebook App to function.

However I noticed that any IM accounts (Google Talk, AIM) that I setup in messaging get their contacts synced into my Contacts list, and Palm neglected to add the option of disabling that behavior.

There are a lot of people in my AIM contacts who I really have no interest in calling, or emailing, or what have you. I'd really only like to see those when I'm actually using the messaging application.

Is this something that could potentially be "patched in"?
    I would like this also. I am not constantly signed into chat so having them in my contact list serves no real purpose, especially when they do not link.
  3.    #3  
    I just got signed up on Exchange ActiveSync to get my work email on my Pre.

I was glad to see that the account showed up separately in the Contacts application, so that I could remove it. I was not happy when removing the account from Contacts removed it everywhere, and not just from the Contacts application.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yep I added the facebook chat feature as I just use facebook mobile, and all the contacts I didn't want from face book are now in contacts and you can't remove them and keep the functionality of the chat... Hmmm.
  5.    #5  
    I actually submitted some feedback to Palm concerning this, but who knows if that will make any difference. This really should be fixed in an official patch.
    I would also like to see this be patched, it's mighty annoying. I think having it be an option is always a quick fix. I say if you add an account to your messaging account, than it should ask you " Would you like to import your contacts?"
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    guys, just open your contacts, go to preferences and accounts and remove your IM accounts from it. that's all. no patch is needed
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    guys, just open your contacts, go to preferences and accounts and remove your IM accounts from it. that's all. no patch is needed
    There are no IM accounts (for me that's AOL IM) in my Contacts preferences (only Palm Profile and Google), yet I still have all my IM buddies in my Contacts list. thorne
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    Messaging (IM) account don't show up in Contacts Preferences to be removed in the first place. That's kind of the nature of the complaint here.
    This would be incredibly awesome