Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Just this week I finally had the courage to install Preware, and I am so mad I waited this long! This is the greatest thing...absolutely no problems on my phone using these patches (up to about 60 now). In fact, it actually lessened my "too many cards" error...I hardly ever get it anymore! I have no idea why...

Anywho, I have a problem (yes, I admit it...one) where I am constantly leaving my phone in the car in the all black cupholder! My phone automatically connects to my car's bluetooth when I get in (love this feature...Ford's Sync technology is the best). When I turn the ignition off to leave my car, the Pre's bluetooth automatically disconnects from my car's bluetooth. The screen on my phone will ever so briefly turn on, but not long enough for me to notice it to take my phone with me! What I would love for a patch to do is the following: when I turn off my ignition which disconnects the bluetooth (so really this would apply for any bluetooth accessory disconnection), have the screen stay on for 10 seconds, vibrate 3 times, and sound the system alert once (unless you have the mute on). This way, I almost guarantee myself that I will NOT forget to take my phone with me!

Whatcha think?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I recommend you check out "GeoStrings." There is a thread here, and the app is available from the App Catalog.

The app enables a reminder based on your location, so I think it would be fairly easy to set up the alert you need (and many others). Good luck.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check out that app and see how it works out for me.

I do think it would be great though if we got a bluetooth disconnection notification app (or patch) to alert us when the bluetooth connection to a device is disconnected (and not when the user just turns off bluetooth on the phone). It shouldn't be made to be location-based as the disconnection can happen anywhere (for example when you turn off the car). Hmmm...maybe the developer of GeoStrings could create this.