1.    #1  
    I know that there are several patches to add timestamp capabilities to the messenger app, but I don't believe any of them will suit this purpose cleanly. I simply would like to leave all of the Palm-Implemented timestamps that show for the current day for all previous days. So basically it would patch and remove the code that removes timestamps from previous days. I don't want to add "custom" timestamps, or change the format at all, but I just want them to stay visible as they were without removing them. Is this possible?
    Does the "Builtin Timestamps" patch not do what you want? It isn't "custom", and it keeps all the original timestamps and divider bars.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Does the "Builtin Timestamps" patch not do what you want? It isn't "custom", and it keeps all the original timestamps and divider bars.
    No, cause it says "Message sent..." on EVERY post. The standard text messaging has a time header over so often but not every message.

It detracts from the conversation... it interferes with the messages when you're looking at a conversation.
    What about the "Timestamps Clean" patch?
  5.    #5  
    The bars that show "SMS 40404......1:14 PM" are the ones I want to show. Basically, I just want to remove the code that eliminates those headers. I don't need EVERY message to have a timestamp, just the ones that show up when you haven't sent a message in a while (the built-in Palm ones).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gotcha, I'd bet the reason this hasn't been done yet is due to the screen real estate this takes up. Most people would rather have the time stamp in the message balloon instead of the large bar above each message. In fact, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $all$ $of$ $the$ $patches$ $remove$ $the$ $bar$ ($unless$ $you$ $switch$ $providers$) $in$ $favor$ $of$ $adding$ $them$ $in$ $the$ $message$ $balloon$ $to$ $maximize$ $screen$ $real$ $estate$.

Hopefully someone will be able to take care of this for you.
  7.    #7  
    I would think that the revision 1.4 made was to remove those headers, and that a patch would simply remove the code that makes that revision to days prior to the current day.
    i want to see this done to
    I'd like this patch functionality too. It's annoying that once you tick over to the next day, you have no idea when a message was sent on a previous day!

Has there been any progress anywhere?