Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. #41  
    OK, now I have a new problem. I figured out that m4a doesn't work, so I found an MP3 and downloaded it to my computer (from the Crackberry site). I copied it over to ringtones, and renamed it, but it shows up on the phone as "Who can it be now." so I deleted it and started over, only this time I renamed it on my PC and then copied it to ringtones as "ringtoneforunknown." It still shows up on my phone as "who can it be now." (When I used the m4a it showed on my phone as ringtoneforunknown.)
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    OK, now I have a new problem. I figured out that m4a doesn't work, so I found an MP3 and downloaded it to my computer (from the Crackberry site). I copied it over to ringtones, and renamed it, but it shows up on the phone as "Who can it be now." so I deleted it and started over, only this time I renamed it on my PC and then copied it to ringtones as "ringtoneforunknown." It still shows up on my phone as "who can it be now." (When I used the m4a it showed on my phone as ringtoneforunknown.)
    I'm having the same problem. I downloaded "Who Can it be Now" in M4A. I changed the name with Internalz to ringtoneforunknown.m4a. Then I learned that for the ringtone to work as such it has to be an mp3. So I converted the file to mp3 and saved it as ringtoneforunknown.mp3. However, it shows up on my Pre as "Unknown". Via USB is shows as ringtoneforunknown.mp3 and also via Internalz.

    The ringtoneforunknown.m4a, f.k.a. "Who Can it be Now" - I then renamed this via Internalz back to "Who Can it be Now", Luna reset, but it still shows up in Ringtones as ringtoneforunknown.m4a. Via USB and Internalz - it shows up correctly as WhoCanItBeNow.m4a. What the heck is going on??
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    Oh thanks and DUH to my myself I did not know webosqi stood for the quick install thing, ha ha I feel stupid now, but anyways I do have all that done and I have preware into my phone already...I think the part I am not understanding about getting this patch to work is where exactly or what do you mean by set ringtones. I actually have to physically make up names for these people in my address book and set a tone for them? Like make a FAKE log in my phonebook with ringtoneforunknowncontact.mp3 and the other 2?? Hmmmmmm
    That part is confusing me....and what about 888 numbers? I get those too???
    No, on your USB of the Pre (shows up when you connect your device via the USB cord), there is a folder called Ringtones. In that folder there must be a ringtone called ringtoneforunknown.mp3, and it must be an mp3 file, not m4a as is the file type downloaded with the Free Music Ringtones app.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    No, on your USB of the Pre (shows up when you connect your device via the USB cord), there is a folder called Ringtones. In that folder there must be a ringtone called ringtoneforunknown.mp3, and it must be an mp3 file, not m4a as is the file type downloaded with the Free Music Ringtones app.
    Mine shows up via USB as ringtoneforunknown.mp3, but in the phone as "who can it be now." Is that the way it's supposed to be? I haven't had a stranger call recently.


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Mine shows up via USB as ringtoneforunknown.mp3, but in the phone as "who can it be now." Is that the way it's supposed to be? I haven't had a stranger call recently.
    No that's not the way it should be. But I'm in the same boat and don't know a solution yet.
  6. #46  
    Sigh, I have tools to make an m4a file, but not an mp3. any advice on how to convert? (I clipped the "I don't know" from "I don't know how to love him", which would amuse me as a ring tone.)

    Great patch, by the way. I have no idea why it didn't come standard with the Pre, but it's nice to get that back. I'll use some old mp3 ringer for now.

    Thanks!
  7. #47  
    So ok, I have the patch installed on my phone it shows in preware as being there, I just went on the computer and put my phone into usb mode and dragged who can it be now from my itunes to my ringtones folder for pixi and labeled all 3 who can it be nows as....
    rintoneforunknown.mp3
    ringtonefornotcontact.mp3
    ringtonefor800.mp3
    and yes they are all mp3 files as I double checked them in itunes before sending them to my ringtone folder, but yet it still plays my default ringtone??? Well the music file says "mPEG" in itunes, but onces i dragged into my ringers folder it said mp3.......I tested it by calling my cell phone blocked via my home phone, does anyone know why this did not work and what could of possibly went wrong since I got no errors or anything???
    Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thank you..
    AJ
    Last edited by AJ77; 06/12/2010 at 02:11 PM.
  8. #48  
    Something I really missed from my 680. I would be happy to DONATE for this one, if I could get it to work. WebOSQI wouldn't install it ... got 'streaming' error messages. Am I correct that the rename is "ringtoneforunknown.mp3" (no quotes)?
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Mine shows up via USB as ringtoneforunknown.mp3, but in the phone as "who can it be now." Is that the way it's supposed to be? I haven't had a stranger call recently.
    The Pre must be fussy about MP3's. I had some other converted MP3's that wouldn't play on the Pre. So I just downloaded that tune from Myxer.com and renamed it on my PC -
    rintoneforunknown.mp3
    ringtonefornotcontact.mp3
    and then transferred the files to my Pre via usb, and it works fine.

    Myxer - Ringtone - Who Can It Be Now?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I downloaded "Who Can it be Now" in M4A. I changed the name with Internalz to ringtoneforunknown.m4a. Then I learned that for the ringtone to work as such it has to be an mp3. So I converted the file to mp3 and saved it as ringtoneforunknown.mp3. However, it shows up on my Pre as "Unknown". Via USB is shows as ringtoneforunknown.mp3 and also via Internalz.

    The ringtoneforunknown.m4a, f.k.a. "Who Can it be Now" - I then renamed this via Internalz back to "Who Can it be Now", Luna reset, but it still shows up in Ringtones as ringtoneforunknown.m4a. Via USB and Internalz - it shows up correctly as WhoCanItBeNow.m4a. What the heck is going on??
    I resolved this by deleting the the ringtoneforunknown.m4a via USB, and then re-copied over the Who_Can_It_Be_Now.m4a, and all is good. The Pre must do something with quirky ringtones - I've had success with renaming some .mp3's on the device, and no success with others.
  11. #51  
    You helped to save my Pre Plus. There were features that were missing on the Pre that just floored me, and I was seriously considering sending it back and sticking with my Centro.

    The unknown caller ringtone patch got me going on the whole Web OS Quick install business, which in turn led to all kinds of interesting apps that my Pre was lacking.

    Thank you again!
  12. #52  
    I'm really sorry, maybe I have a stupid phone - or maybe its owner is - but here's the story: Could not make this patch work with who can it be now, no matter how many times I recopied/renamed/deleted/added, you name it. Even deleted and redownloaded the patch. Only seemed to make it worse, because on my phone it showed up as who can it be now. So I thought, if it's a problem with reformatted m4a's, I'd try a stock Pre ringtone. Guess what. It shows up on my phone as Discreet. Is there a step I'm missing? Is there some sort of "save" step in USB mode? The directions with the patch actually tell you to rename your tone, then download the patch. Does it matter?


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  13. #53  
    Hey,

    I just modified the corresponding TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs $on$ $my$ $Palm$ $Pre$ $Plus$ $with$ $the$ $2$.$1$.$0$ $upgrade$, $and$ $it$ $works$ $fine$. $Please$, $could$ $someone$ $other$ $test$ $the$ $installation$ $of$ $this$ $patch$ ?

    Bye,
    Chris.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. #54  
    I have Pre(-) WebOS 2.1. Will be the official elryon's ringtoneforunknown patch for webOS 2.1? Many thanks for elryon.
    TX => Treo680 => PalmPre(-)WebOS2.1 => HP Pre3
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by dl5ci View Post
    Hey,

    I just modified the corresponding TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs $on$ $my$ $Palm$ $Pre$ $Plus$ $with$ $the$ $2$.$1$.$0$ $upgrade$, $and$ $it$ $works$ $fine$. $Please$, $could$ $someone$ $other$ $test$ $the$ $installation$ $of$ $this$ $patch$ ?

    Bye,
    Chris.

    Patch works on my PalmPre(-) WebOS 2.1. Thanks!
    TX => Treo680 => PalmPre(-)WebOS2.1 => HP Pre3
  16. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #56  
    This was one of my favorite patches on my Pre+, but it is not in Preware on my Pre3. Is there a similar patch for the Pre3?
  17. #57  
    Yes - Advanced System Prefs. There is several patches with many settings - read carefully:

    Patch:AdvancedSystemPrefs - WebOS Internals
    TX => Treo680 => PalmPre(-)WebOS2.1 => HP Pre3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions