Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here is a variation that separates those valid numbers that just aren't in your contacts and those numbers that are unknown or blocked...

for those not in contacts but valid number name the ringtone: ringtonefornotcontact.mp3

for unknown or blocked or invalid numbers, name the ringtone:
    rintoneforunknown.mp3

place both ringtones in the ringtones folder.

EDIT: sorry, had typo, should work now.. installed on emulator fine, but could not test sounds...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elryon; 04/13/2010 at 08:17 AM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here is another variation that includes toll free numbers (800,888,866, and 877)
    just name the rintone: ringtonefor800.mp3

the rest are as above. If you don't put a ringtone for it, it should go to default...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elryon; 04/12/2010 at 09:05 PM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

can these last two be isntalled together cuz i get an error with the unknown-notcontact-ringtone.patch one

the 800 one installed fine

guess they cant beinstalled together

i removed the 800 one and the other one worked.
    Last edited by churro; 04/13/2010 at 12:44 AM.
    the patch in post 21 makes my phone luna restart over and over removed it and everything is fine

pixi
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    can these last two be isntalled together cuz i get an error with the unknown-notcontact-ringtone.patch one

the 800 one installed fine

guess they cant beinstalled together

i removed the 800 one and the other one worked.
    The two are not needed together.. the last one encompasses the functions of testing for all three conditions so it will set all three ringtones... it's untested as far as the sounds and if it will default if no ringtone with specified name is present. (emulator has no sound.. and fiancee was using phone)
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

i tried calling my phone blocked but didnt work
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    i tried calling my phone blocked but didnt work
    Which patch did you have and did you have ringtones for all? it might just not be going to default if a ringtone is not there...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Just to be clear - there is no visible application installed? One puts the desired ringtone properly renamed to rintoneforunknown.mp3 or ringtonefor800.mp3 or ringtonefornotcontact.mp3, then install the patch and it should work? What happens if one of the ringtones specified above is not in the ringtone folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Just to be clear - there is no visible application installed? One puts the desired ringtone properly renamed to rintoneforunknown.mp3 or ringtonefor800.mp3 or ringtonefornotcontact.mp3, then install the patch and it should work?
    Yup, I guess I confirmed that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    What happens if one of the ringtones specified above is not in the ringtone folder?
    Don't know what happens if one of the specified files is not in the ringtones folder and a corresponding call is received.
    I can't make this install. I keep getting "1 out of 1 hunk failed" error messages....
    Hey... I love this patch! Maybe you can help me with this patch request:

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Here is part of a thread I created two months ago. I'm hoping it gets more action over here...

I was wondering if its possible to assign a picture to all other unknown numbers. kind of like a default picture for anyone I don't have a picture for and/or unknown numbers....? instead of the black screen while ringing and instead of the green screen while on a call.

I wanted to put a default pic of outer space for every number without a picture and unknown numbers or maybe the patch/app could do random pictures from a photo library folder called hot chicks or something. I would like to know if this is possible or if not why not?

I was looking to put this picture up when a call comes in for unknown callers or callers without an assigned picture. if you know what this picture is then maybe you'll think its a cool idea and work on the patch... i hope...

if that's the case then a simple patch changing the .png file could suffice right? Kind of like the patch to change the dialer background or lock screen background...

any luck??

IF ANYONE COULD HELP CREATE A PATCH... IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    All you should need to do is replace:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/contacts-unknown-icon-large.png
    It needs to be 170x140.

I hope that helps.

So how did you get that to actually load into your phone I have the app in my phone, but under sounds there is no place to do exactly this app??? How did you get it in your phone, step by step instructions would be awesome when u have the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    So how did you get that to actually load into your phone I have the app in my phone, but under sounds there is no place to do exactly this app??? How did you get it in your phone, step by step instructions would be awesome when u have the time...
    check the first post of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Here's a requested patch to have a separate ringtone for unknown/blocked callers. The normal default ringtone will still be used for those in your contact list that you haven't specified a ringtone for, but those not in your contact list will default to the one you set here. This is especially useful for those with very long contact list and don't want to spend hours specifying a ringtone for each.

Instructions: put phone in usb mode, save the ringtone you want for unknown callers to the ringtones directory (make sure it's an mp3) and rename it:
    'ringtoneforunknown' (no quotes). Install patch with webosqi, or preware (when it's available on feed)
    Hi, I have followed these steps - I have the patch, I have a ringtone called ringtoneforunknown, but when an unknown caller calls, I get my default ringtone, and it's not what I set for unknown.

UM, I bet it doesn't work with a m4a. I've been using the Free Ringtones app and they're all m4a (?).
    Last edited by Daisys Mom; 06/10/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    I use Faith No More's "Introduce Yourself"

--MGb
    So how exactly did you install the patch for ringtone for unknown/blocked callers??? I have been looking up stuff for hours now and I have it in my pixi, but it says I have to install it with webosqi or something??? I am totally lost and it doesn't show the setting anywhere to be able to use it. I looked in my tones and stuff and it did not add the app to there???
    How did you get this on your phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks man.
    AJ
    I did, I dont understand it at all.....lost like way out there on this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    So how exactly did you install the patch for ringtone for unknown/blocked callers??? I have been looking up stuff for hours now and I have it in my pixi, but it says I have to install it with webosqi or something??? I am totally lost and it doesn't show the setting anywhere to be able to use it. I looked in my tones and stuff and it did not add the app to there???
    How did you get this on your phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks man.
    AJ
    Install Preware on you phone - this is like an alternative App Catalog that allows you to download patches and homebrew apps. First you need to download WebOS Quick Install (WebOSQI) in order to install Preware.
    1) Go the the following link and follow the instructions closely - it is not difficult:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    2) Next use WebOSQI to install Preware. Go the the following link and follow the instructions closely - again it is not difficult:
    http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware

Once Preware in installed on your device, you should be able to search for and install almost all homebrew apps and patches directly to your device from your device just like using the App Catalog. Now using Preware search for and install Ringtone for Unknown Callers. You will not see an icon for Ringtone for Unknown Callers, but in Preware, if you look in Installed Packages, Patches - you will see it installed.

Then you need to set the ringtones in your ringtone folder for:
    - rintoneforunknown.mp3
    - ringtonefornotcontact.mp3
    - ringtonefor800.mp3
    Agrees on this posting....it should definately be for unknown and blocked callers just get a different ringtone, my last phone had that feature out of the box and I miss it bad with the Pixi...
    Oh thanks and DUH to my myself I did not know webosqi stood for the quick install thing, ha ha I feel stupid now, but anyways I do have all that done and I have preware into my phone already...I think the part I am not understanding about getting this patch to work is where exactly or what do you mean by set ringtones. I actually have to physically make up names for these people in my address book and set a tone for them? Like make a FAKE log in my phonebook with ringtoneforunknowncontact.mp3 and the other 2?? Hmmmmmm
    That part is confusing me....and what about 888 numbers? I get those too???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast