Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I checked around and didn't see any requests like this. I'm also not sure this is the right place for this request. If not, I apologize in advance.

I think the screen/PIN locking is generally poorly implemented and it would be great if someone could make them more friendly. Ideally, what I think would be perfect would be any combination of the following enhancements to the PIN locking mechanism:

1. When PIN locked, skip the lock screen when power button is pressed. Unlocking the screen first is redundant.
    2. PIN lock screen should contain a button for "Phone Found" or "Lost Phone" or something similar, which when pressed brings up contact info in case the phone has been lost. As it is now, unless someone knows the PIN they have no chance of finding out who the phone belongs to.
    3. Option to expand the "emergency call" list from 911 to selectable Emergency contacts or all phone (not Facebook or IM) contacts. This way if the phone is lost and someone finds it, they can call someone who knows you using the phone.
    4. Option for power button to PIN lock the device instead of screen lock (and option to disable screen lock altogether).
    5. (Screen locking): The screen shouldn't lock unless I either lock it or a timeout separate from the screen blackout time has elapsed. I might want the screen to black out after 30 seconds but not lock for 15 minutes, like if I am using the Messaging application. Just because I haven't touched the device for 30 seconds, that doesn't mean it should lock the screen. It is such a pain to be having an IM conversation and have to unlock the screen almost every time I get an IM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Nobody else thinks this would be a good idea?
  3. nrz
    Speebs:

I really like #2 & #4. Excellent ideas!
    i would love a patch that allows you to set the pin/lock screen based on your location. So if i am home, i can enter in my location and the phone wont ever lock, but if i am at an unknown location, the phone will lock and require a pin to be entered.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    i would love a patch that allows you to set the pin/lock screen based on your location. So if i am home, i can enter in my location and the phone wont ever lock, but if i am at an unknown location, the phone will lock and require a pin to be entered.
    ModeSwitcher can do this easily
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog