webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Call Log Styling Mod
[Patch] Call Log Styling Mod
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xanthinealkaloid

Old 03/15/2010, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Here's a little something I put together because I didn't like 2 things about the new call log:
  1. The only first row calls showing icons are the missed calls.
  2. The missed calls are the only ones boldfaced. (We already have the icon.)
So, this patch will:
  1. Add icons to all the first row calls
  2. Change all the first row calls to boldface font.

There's a couple of other things I'm looking at adding, but I think this is nice the way it is for now.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.

Attached Images
File Type: png CallLogScreencapture.png (186.7 KB, 347 views) Email Attachment
Attached Files
File Type: patch call-log-mod.patch (1.1 KB, 36 views) Email Attachment

Please don't forget your thanks button. --- Appreciate my efforts? -- Donate?

Various patches I've worked on:
Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/26/2010 at 09:30 PM.
xanthinealkaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jmelex likes this.
Old 03/15/2010, 02:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Is this compatible with the 'Call Duration' patch?
Freshyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2010, 02:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
Is this compatible with the 'Call Duration' patch?
Yes...I have both installed among others.

Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
Thanked By: Freshyz
Old 03/15/2010, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

So I got this patch installed late last night w/o a hitch but this is what I noticed as being a little different as of today with the phone dialer app..

1. This only happened once so far but one of my contacts called me but in the 'call history' it showed up only as their number as if they are not one of my contacts..?

2. When I now open my phone app it skips that silly 'splash card' song and dance and opens up immediately! (full screen like before 1.4) Not sure why that would happen as it was not intended as part of your patch ya?

I also ran the newest version of Repair Utility last night but I don't see why that would change that with the phone dialer.. .
Old 03/15/2010, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
So I got this patch installed late last night w/o a hitch but this is what I noticed as being a little different as of today with the phone dialer app..

1. This only happened once so far but one of my contacts called me but in the 'call history' it showed up only as their number as if they are not one of my contacts..?

2. When I now open my phone app it skips that silly 'splash card' song and dance and opens up immediately! (full screen like before 1.4) Not sure why that would happen as it was not intended as part of your patch ya?

I also ran the newest version of Repair Utility last night but I don't see why that would change that with the phone dialer.. .
Hmmm....

Here's my thoughts on each...
1. I've had this happen once too without the patch...In the JS, it has something to do with the call to the contacts table in the db not completing correctly...When it happened to me, it knew how many rows to make, but didn't show the data.
2. There's a reason for this...The only time you should see the splash screen for the Phone app is during the first launch after a restart because it's always running in the background, .i.e. swiping it away only hides it until you launch it again.

Thanked By: Freshyz
Old 03/15/2010, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
Hmmm....
Here's my thoughts on each...
1. I've had this happen once too without the patch...In the JS, it has something to do with the call to the contacts table in the db not completing correctly...When it happened to me, it knew how many rows to make, but didn't show the data.
2. There's a reason for this...The only time you should see the splash screen for the Phone app is during the first launch after a restart because it's always running in the background, .i.e. swiping it away only hides it until you launch it again.
That makes sense on #1. Not too worried about it just was the first time I noticed it and the timing with the patch caught my attention..
#2 I guess I never really noticed that it was quick at times. I've definitely noticed when it hangs up for waaay too long. Waiting just for the phone to maximize at times was seriously annoying (even after a daily fresh full restart) and I personally do not care for the laggy splash cards with 1.4.

Anyways, thanks for the help and I dig the style(s) you've added.
Keep up the great work!
Old 03/15/2010, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

I found out that if you tap on the card as soon as it opens, you won't have to wait for the whole "song+dance performance". My two cents...

Last edited by lyncha; 03/15/2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling
lyncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2010, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
I found out that if you tap on the card as soon as it opens, you won't have to wait for the whole "song+dance performance". My two cents...
Not necessarily. I do that a lot as well but it still (sometimes) hangs up on the 'surging icon' even when maximized. (random apps too not always the phone app)

I just did a Luna restart, launched the phone app and it hung up for over 10 seconds. Closed it and then it opened normally. Just not feeling the spliggity splash.. .

However to make the best of it, it is nice to use when one wants to load up more than one app real quick. While it's in start card view you can quickly pull up the launcher and load up another app or two etc.
Old 03/19/2010, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have submitted this one for Preware.

Thanked By: sunshine_girl
Old 03/26/2010, 07:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Do you have any idea how long for patches to show up in Preware, after they have been submitted?

...and thanks for all your work in trying to get the Latitude patch working again, but I REALLY wish Google would just fix it so it just plain WORKED, like it should!

Then, you could work on some cool, new patch/app!
ToddK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: xanthinealkaloid
Old 03/26/2010, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
Do you have any idea how long for patches to show up in Preware, after they have been submitted?
It's hard to say because it's a part time thing for the admins who push the patches to the feeds...The average is a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
...and thanks for all your work in trying to get the Latitude patch working again, but I REALLY wish Google would just fix it so it just plain WORKED, like it should!
np...I appreciate the kind words...Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem like Google is interested in WebOS...It sort of makes sense though because it's far superior to whatever it is they call the one they offer.

Old 03/31/2010, 11:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'm not sure if this patch cause this error, dialpad and call log has template error.
So I remove all the patches related with phone application, and I can't remove this patch.

Please help me. thanks.

Here's the IPKG log.
==============================
Unlock
Nothing Interesting.

Prerm
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/call-log.css.rej

Lock
Nothing Interesting.

Failed
ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution.
================================
Attached Images
File Type: png phone_2010-31-03_233152.png (113.6 KB, 3 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png phone_2010-31-03_233437.png (137.1 KB, 4 views) Email Attachment
neosubway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosubway View Post
I'm not sure if this patch cause this error, dialpad and call log has template error.
So I remove all the patches related with phone application, and I can't remove this patch.

Please help me. thanks.
I'm sorry to see your having troubles...Without reports of this problem, I'm going to have to suggest the issue wasn't caused by the patch.

From the looks of the screen shots, it's likely your best option is to remove all your patches and run Jason's WebOS Repair Utility, then you should be able to reinstall all of your patches and this one.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but that's my best suggestion right now.

Old 03/31/2010, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
I wish I could be of more assistance, but that's my best suggestion right now.
thanks for the reply.
I've already decide to use webos doctor to fix it.
For the 1.41 update is out, I think it's a good time to restore my pre
neosubway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0