Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes
    my apologies in advance but could someone please explain how to get this to work on the touchpad? I am very new to the touchpad but like what I see so far....that is if I can get rid of all the ads from web browsing . Thanks
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by clarru View Post
    my apologies in advance but could someone please explain how to get this to work on the touchpad? I am very new to the touchpad but like what I see so far....that is if I can get rid of all the ads from web browsing . Thanks
    Check out this thread http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    This patch works wonderfully Crunchyroll.com (anime videos) which would normally show 3 ads in a single episode. Now it just skips them. I copied the host file and added it to my computer so it would skip the ads on my desktop too.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Can anyone else use this patch with Lost.fm or Ampache Mobile? I can't stream from either (Pre 2) using this patch but my Pixi+ can.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Has this patch been updated for 3.0.4? I see it in my preware but can't remember how to test it.
    hey there, first off..great patch! After the update for 3.0.4 this no longer blocks ads on justin.tv, twitch.tv etc. Any way to update this? I would definietly chip in.
  7.    #67  
    the list itself is the same as from 3.0.2; in fact the .patch itself isn't changed. Which would lead to believe it's a change in how the flash works in 3.0.4 or where that particular website gets the ads from
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Is it possible to edit the hosts file after ad blocker has added its entries? I can open and edit (remove one entry) using Internalz Pro, but when I try to save the file Internalz locks up at "Saving...0%".
    this doesn't seem to be working with 3.0.5 86

if anyone knows how to get it working please let me know.

it says something about only garbage found after blah blah
    Quote Originally Posted by itchyd View Post
    this doesn't seem to be working with 3.0.5 86

if anyone knows how to get it working please let me know.

it says something about only garbage found after blah blah
    Working now :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I took the liberty to update this patch with more hosts, see attached, also submitted to Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thx for bringing this up again, hope it helps with this prob for me: Mobile site shows broken file7Yhfv downloads

Now i'm thinking about now much money webosnation loses for not displaying ads i would never click. I would donate this as i understand they have to pay their site.
    I got notified via email earlier today that the patch was finally approved and should therefore be in Preware now or very shortly at least
    geekpeter likes this.
    i took notice of it in prewsre and thought right patch in the right time
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thx for the update

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Got 2 questions:

As this increase in size will it eventually slow down the device?

Is it possible to incorporate the tracking features from Max Blocker here (or manually update MB to include the latest hosts)?

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Got 2 questions:

As this increase in size will it eventually slow down the device?

Is it possible to incorporate the tracking features from Max Blocker here (or manually update MB to include the latest hosts)?

Thx
    It MIGHT slow it down a bit, but shouldn't be noticeable.

Max Blocker could be updated to incorporate this as well. I will have a look into this later maybe. Never played with Max Blocker before, so might need some time to update it properly.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    If anyone's interested I've updated the list of ad servers in this patch with a fresh list from hosts-file.net.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BlueSauce; 06/04/2014 at 01:20 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234