Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Posting new thread at Jason's request.

I really wanted some way to control the media volume anytime I chose, so I added it to this patch...I thought I would share it here.

Please note: This will also allow you to control the headset volume when attached which has a different volume level for media.

Here's the info from the original thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The ultimate in device menu patches!

This removes the date, battery %, and airplane mode. I've added a brightness control, a Phone submenu with radio/data/roaming toggles, GPS toggle, and a flashlight toggle.

Note: this patch requires SysToolsMgr Service on your device for the flashlight to function.

Enjoy!
    Thank you, Jason.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community...If you use it, please take a moment to click the thanks button, as it goes a long way to keeping me motivated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rnp likes this.
    this is a good addition to the patch, thanks again!
    Thanks!
    nice.

would it be possible to have some of these device items on the same line? It would be sweet if someone came up with a patch that lets the user customize the menu to what items they want on that dropdown.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by balm View Post
    would it be possible to have some of these device items on the same line?
    I'm not sure this would be feasible because most of the items consist of a "title" label & "status" label, meaning it takes up the whole line already.

Quote Originally Posted by balm View Post
    It would be sweet if someone came up with a patch that lets the user customize the menu to what items they want on that dropdown.
    The idea is already out there, but it's far beyond my skills.

6.    #6  
    Patch updated to show current volume level as part of the label...Please see OP.

instead of the "up" and "down" buttons how about a slider bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    Now that would be cool!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Now that would be cool!
    Oh...I see...It's not cool to have easy access to the media volume.

Seriously though; I had the same thought when I first set out on this project...However, it was simply easier this way because it's similar to how the volume works using the volume keys...Having something that works now, I'll probably try a slider in the future.

LOL! It is amazing how this phone can be tweaked and customized to an individual. Great work!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    LOL! It is amazing how this phone can be tweaked and customized to an individual. Great work!
    I couldn't agree more.

12.    #12  
    OK...The volume is now controlled by a slider, so I think that's about it unless anybody can think of anything else...Unfortunately, my hearing isn't quite good enough to detect the minor variations, but it works.

The screenshot and patch file are updated in the OP.

Thanks for the input.

I'm assuming that this will make it into Preware in the near future....?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I'm assuming that this will make it into Preware in the near future....?
    I certainly can submit it for Preware, but I wasn't sure if I should since this one is simply another device menu variant.

If enough folks would really like it in Preware, then I will gladly submit it.

Please do
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Please do
    +1
    Indeed please do....
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    If enough folks would really like it in Preware, then I will gladly submit it.

Pretty please with ice cream on top?

How about just working with Jason and getting him to incorporate this in to his current mega menu patch?
    Please do
    +1
    +1
    Shalom
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast