Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    @xanthinealkaloid

any chance you could upgrade this patch for 1.4.5? I love it and NEED the media vol control ever since I spilled beer on my Pre during NHL palyoffs, the down volume rocker doesn't work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    @xanthinealkaloid

any chance you could upgrade this patch for 1.4.5? I love it and NEED the media vol control ever since I spilled beer on my Pre during NHL palyoffs, the down volume rocker doesn't work!!!
    +1
    is this not coming back then?
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    While I certainly appreciate @xanthinealkaloid 's work, I'd really like to see this incorporated into Jason's patch to avoid the dependency issue when reinstalling this patch.
    I stopped waiting, and switched to sconix's System Menu Mods v1 patch. With that you can pick and choose from a lot of different device menu options, including all volume controls, LED flashlight, etc. etc.

Regards,
    Tom
    o cool! I hvnt been following that thread, but I was just going to suggest that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I would REALLY like to have the media volume control on the device menu - in fact I think i even made a request thread once for it - as it would allow me to actually safely use the Timepiece app again.

However, I like having the battery % and airplane mode toggles in there also, so this "mix" doesn't work for me.
    I too like having the battery % with temperature and airplane mode toggles in there also, so this "mix" doesn't work for me. Basically this patch would be great for what I want, but if only it would not delete the battery and airplane mode.

For me the ideal Device Menu would include all of the following:
    Day, Date, Month, Year
    Battery with Temperature
    Brightness
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Advanced Phone Menu (atleast Data Connection)
    GPS
    Flashlight
    Media Volume Control
    Airplane Mode
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    @xanthinealkaloid

My volume down doesn't work either, but it was just a hardware (or software) issue. I need this patch really bad too. I wonder why we are not getting a response by the master of patches on this one? I think I am going to try the System Menu Mod 1 patch that was suggested by Tomj.

Pea soup all.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I stopped waiting, and switched to sconix's System Menu Mods v1 patch. With that you can pick and choose from a lot of different device menu options, including all volume controls, LED flashlight, etc. etc.

Regards,
    Tom
    I don't know what your seeing, but I installed this patch and there isn't any volume sliders at all. Just an FYI.
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    There are two patches.

1. Device Menu Megamix by Jason
    2. Device Menu Megamix with media Volume Control by xanthinealkaloid

Jason's patch must be installed first, and does everything but the media volume control. Xanthine's patch simply adds media volume control to Jason's patch. It will not install on it's own, and the name is a tad misleading, as it seems to imply that it contains the Megamix with media volume control. It also introduces a dependency into re-installing patches after and update or EPR, as it must be removed from your saved package list in Preware prior to re-installing patches in bulk to avoid an error.

I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to see Jason and Xanthine get together to add Media Volume Control to Megamix as a single patch to avoid this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I don't know what your seeing, but I installed this patch and there isn't any volume sliders at all. Just an FYI.
    You have to do a little configuring -- it's not hugely straight-forward, but the info is out there. When you pull down the menu on the right do you see "Device" as one of the options? If you do, then tap on that. You should see Screen Brightness and one of the volume sliders. If the volume slider shown isn't the one you want, then "gesture-tap" that volume slider and it'll cycle through to the next one. Stop when you see the one you want, then it should stay on that one.

And speaking of configuring, with the menu closed, if you gesture-tap the menu it'll open in configuration mode. This is how you get the "Device" option to show if it's not there.

For anyone who doesn't know: gesture-tap means to hold one finger on the gesture area (where you do your swipe gestures) while you tap the item in question.

Regards,
    Tom
    in sconix's menu, don't need a gesture tap to toggle through volume types, just tap the volume
    I am trying to install the recent update to this patch. (vs. 2.1.0-124). It says it is dependent on the original device menu megamix. That patch installs fine but the updated patch fails. I uninstalled all my top bar patches but that didn't help. The ipkg log reads as follows. Any ideas?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    7 14342 7 1122 0 0 1402 0 0:00:10 --:--:-- 0:00:10 9272
    100 14342 100 14342 0 0 14578 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 47022
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control.postinst 2>&1
    10 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 14342 100 14342 0 0 23748 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 56023
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control.postinst 2>&1
    10 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    the update released was by me for a friend. The dependency is an error and Rod told me he fixed it. Feel free to contact him if you still have the problem
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    hmmm the dependency is still there. i'll try Rod. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    do these patches work on a Pre 3? They show up in my Preware feeds, but I don't want to install them until I can confirm that they work.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olufadi1 View Post
    I am trying to install the recent update to this patch. (vs. 2.1.0-124). It says it is dependent on the original device menu megamix. That patch installs fine but the updated patch fails. I uninstalled all my top bar patches but that didn't help. The ipkg log reads as follows. Any ideas?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    7 14342 7 1122 0 0 1402 0 0:00:10 --:--:-- 0:00:10 9272
    100 14342 100 14342 0 0 14578 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 47022
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 14342 100 14342 0 0 23748 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 56023
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    I had the same problem, does anyone know if this has a fix?
    Does this patch include the airplane mode toggle?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    @Jason Robitaille (and/or @xanthinealkaloid) I don't know if you still work with WebOS but...

I recently purchase a second hand HP Veer and today I upgrade it to WebOS 2.2.4.
    When I have WebOS 2.1.2 this patch works very well, but not now... I simply cannot install this on my Veer! And I try to install this patch right after I upgrade the Veer, doing a clean install...

And I really need this, 'coz the volume rocker is broken, on my Veer...

Any chance that you make this patch works on WebOS 2.2.4 ? Or I'll have do downgrade my Veer to 2.1.2 and stays there?

Sorry for my english...
    Quote Originally Posted by gurx View Post
    @Jason Robitaille (and/or @xanthinealkaloid) I don't know if you still work with WebOS but...

I recently purchase a second hand HP Veer and today I upgrade it to WebOS 2.2.4.
    When I have WebOS 2.1.2 this patch works very well, but not now... I simply cannot install this on my Veer! And I try to install this patch right after I upgrade the Veer, doing a clean install...

And I really need this, 'coz the volume rocker is broken, on my Veer...

Any chance that you make this patch works on WebOS 2.2.4 ? Or I'll have do downgrade my Veer to 2.1.2 and stays there?

Sorry for my english...
    I was also like you do. now want to install this software do?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234