Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    thanks -- i always read these threads and get frustrated when people write requests in the thread so i won't do that -- think of this as a suggestion -- i would like to use the battery temp pathch along with everything you have in this patch allready which would add the battery percent back -- like i said just an idea

thanks
    rob
  2. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Any chance you could add in the temperature patch from Jason as well? It doesn't work with your media volume patch.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Any chance you could add in the temperature patch from Jason as well?
    Sorry, it's going to have to be a no...This one is based on Jason's DM Megamix which doesn't include the battery level, so there's no place to put the temperature as implemented in his recent temp in DM patch...From what I've read, his DM Remix with Flashlight is compatible though...Personally, I'm using the Device Info version along with the Temp Warnings patch because I don't really need the temp one tap away(esp. since the thing is going to give me an alert when it's too hot).

Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    It doesn't work with your media volume patch.
    I know.

Update posted http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2341080
    This is an excellent addition. Many-a-times that I dreaded having to wrestle with the sides of the dashboard device holder in order to access the volume buttons while I was driving.

Thanx for this thoughtful addition.
    this updayted to 1.4.1.1?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmpreo View Post
    this updayted to 1.4.1.1?
    Yup...It's installed & working corectly on my phone.

xanthinealkaloid, Can you replace the Brightness Slider in the Device Menu Ultramix patch with your Media Volume Slider please? Is it even possible?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    xanthinealkaloid, Can you replace the Brightness Slider in the Device Menu Ultramix patch with your Media Volume Slider please? Is it even possible?
    It definitely could be done, but you may try asking the author of that patch...My main reason for posting this one was because I wanted to share what I use, i.e. there's no reason for me to keep it to myself.

The code is available for anyone to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    It definitely could be done, but you may try asking the author of that patch...My main reason for posting this one was because I wanted to share what I use.

The code is available for anyone to use.
    Thanks for the response.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This is a related topic and I thought you all might have some thoughts. I really really would like to disengage ringer volume from rocker buttons. For some reason, through the course of fiddling with the phone, my ringer volume often goes to zero. Which has obvious negative consequences.

I would pay (or donate) for a patch that would allow me to fix my ringer volume in a menu and then have that set until I reopen the menu again.

Is this possible?

thanks,
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I always uses the Device Menu Megamix but have problem reinstalling it after I went back to WebOs 1.3.5.1. It's not first time i go from webos 1,4 to previous one and always it had worked. Now I get "1 out of 9 hunks FAILED. Any help?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddard1 View Post
    This is a related topic and I thought you all might have some thoughts. I really really would like to disengage ringer volume from rocker buttons. For some reason, through the course of fiddling with the phone, my ringer volume often goes to zero. Which has obvious negative consequences.

I would pay (or donate) for a patch that would allow me to fix my ringer volume in a menu and then have that set until I reopen the menu again.

Is this possible?

thanks,
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the volume rocker is in the same boat as the power switch & center button, such that it's controlled by the LunaSysMgr, i.e. in the binary…We can subscribed to some of the functions it performs, but we can't change it's behavior.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable, such as Jason, could qualify my statement.

13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    I always uses the Device Menu Megamix but have problem reinstalling it after I went back to WebOs 1.3.5.1. It's not first time i go from webos 1,4 to previous one and always it had worked. Now I get "1 out of 9 hunks FAILED. Any help?
    Please post your webospatches.log as an attachment...Also, it maybe helpful to see what patches you have installed, so run the command below and post the output.

Code:
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed > /media/internal/package-list.txt
    I'm really looking forward to using this patch, as I already use the Megamix. But the Preware version says it's not ready for 1.4.1, and that the pkg is only an "empty container" (or something) to act as a reminder for when the new version is available.

Is there a newer version for Preware available?

Thanks,
    Tom
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I'm really looking forward to using this patch, as I already use the Megamix. But the Preware version says it's not ready for 1.4.1, and that the pkg is only an "empty container" (or something) to act as a reminder for when the new version is available.

Thanks,
    Tom
    I submitted an update yesterday.

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks!

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ

Thanks,
    Tom

Should this be available by now? Or, am I looking in the wrong place? I can see your Device Menu Megamix with Media Vol Control, v1.4.1-0, which is the "empty package placeholder".

Thanks,
    Tom
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Should this be available by now? Or, am I looking in the wrong place? I can see your Device Menu Megamix with Media Vol Control, v1.4.1-0, which is the "empty package placeholder".

Thanks,
    Tom
    It simply hasn't been pushed to the feed yet.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Tried installing the placeholder for this patch in 1.4.5 but it gives an error. I was under the impression "-0" versions didn't actually modify anything. I'm trying to install it just so when the "-1" version is out, it'll update. Anyone know what's up?
  20. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Any way to get a variation of this without the flashlight? I find myself accidentally turning it on and killing my battery. I've been playing around with the patch file but can't figure out how to do it myself. Thanks.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast