Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Pretty please with ice cream on top?

How about just working with Jason and getting him to incorporate this in to his current mega menu patch?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    +1
    +1!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Awsome -- i am going to tell you why this version of the device menu patch is the best -- if you use MP3's for the alarm this is the volume control for them -- it makes it so easy to turn it to the right level at night before you set it on your charger. --- thank you -- this is great no more worry that it will be too loud or not loud enough

thanks again
    Rob
  4.    #24  
    OK...Thanks, folks...The patch is now submitted for Preware.

ok i have a bug to report -- i have uninstalled and re-installed the patch a couple of times and the results are the same. I use battery saver to put my phone into airplane mode at night so i am not bothered by calls -- when the phone shifts to airplane mode the WIFI toggle goes dead on the menu bar so i cannot turn wifi on if i want to -- It kills the WIFI toggle after that even if you turn off airplane mode with only a reset making the WIFI toggle work again -- i usually turn wifi on or off alot using this an the bar. I love your addition to this patch but with out the WIFI i cannot use it

thanks in advance
    Rob
  6.    #26  
    @mespiff - Thank you very much for reporting the bug...Apparently, there was a problem with the modifications to the HTML file in the patch posted here...I so rarely use airplane mode I have a tendency to forget about it.

Anyhow, I fixed; tested; and posted an updated patch file in the OP...With the patch submission process, I won't be able to update Preware until it's actually in the feed, but I'll submit the update it immediately then.

My sincerest apologies for the oversight.

can this just be an individual patch? Not a bunch of patches in one?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    +1

I would REALLY like to have the media volume control on the device menu - in fact I think i even made a request thread once for it - as it would allow me to actually safely use the Timepiece app again.

However, I like having the battery % and airplane mode toggles in there also, so this "mix" doesn't work for me.

Any chance of having just a "Media Volume Control in Device Menu" patch?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  9.    #29  
    It could certainly be done, but I couldn't guarantee compatibility.

I only did it this way because Jason's patch is perfect for me...It's the one I use, but there wasn't any other place to put it for easy access.

Anyhow, I'll have to try to get it tomorrow because I'm beat...I pulled a literal all-nighter yesterday to finish building a new report for work.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    It could certainly be done, but I couldn't guarantee compatibility.

I only did it this way because Jason's patch is perfect for me...It's the one I use, but there wasn't any other place to put it for easy access.

Anyhow, I'll have to try to get it tomorrow because I'm beat...I pulled a literal all-nighter yesterday to finish building a new report for work.

thank you
    @mespiff - Thank you very much for reporting the bug...Apparently, there was a problem with the modifications to the HTML file in the patch posted here...I so rarely use airplane mode I have a tendency to forget about it.

Anyhow, I fixed; tested; and posted an updated patch file in the OP...With the patch submission process, I won't be able to update Preware until it's actually in the feed, but I'll submit the update it immediately then.

My sincerest apologies for the oversight.

geez - no reason to appologize and thanks for the rapid response -- glad you fixed it i really like this patch
    -- just as an aside - did you know that if your phone is in airplane mode neither this patch nor jasons megamix will install? they will go onto the phone but effect no change -- wierd huh
    hope you are in bed having a good rest
    thanks again

Rob
    Last edited by mespiff; 03/20/2010 at 05:55 AM.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    -- just as an aside - did you know that if your phone is in airplane mode neither this patch nor jasons megamix will install? they will go onto the phone but effect no change -- wierd huh
    Actually, there's a reason for this...

When you're using WOSQI to install, you must have an internet connection to download the scripts(which come from the WebOS Internals servers) necessary to actually apply the patch file...Therefore without an internet connection, the patch will appear in the list of installed patches but not the webos-patch.log; .webosinternals.patches.packages file; or have an visual effects.

Has anyone been able to successfuly make a patch that just adds this Media Volume control? I'm itching to have that feature, but this mix is not for me. ha

It's times like this I really wish I had learned more about this stuff so I could do it myself.
    If it isnt too much to ask, could you make a version that doesnt remove the battery% date etc, and adds the other stuff?
    This is really helpful for those that don't have control of their volume keys anymore. I could have really used this about a month ago but I bit the bullet and got another refurb.

Thanks regardless.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    This is really helpful for those that don't have control of their volume keys anymore. I could have really used this about a month ago but I bit the bullet and got another refurb.

Thanks regardless.
    Actually, it's probably not really a good idea to use a patch to fix a hardware problem of that nature anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfuly make a patch that just adds this Media Volume control? I'm itching to have that feature, but this mix is not for me. ha

It's times like this I really wish I had learned more about this stuff so I could do it myself.
    I'm working on it right now.

17.    #37  
    +1

I would REALLY like to have the media volume control on the device menu - in fact I think i even made a request thread once for it - as it would allow me to actually safely use the Timepiece app again.

However, I like having the battery % and airplane mode toggles in there also, so this "mix" doesn't work for me.

Any chance of having just a "Media Volume Control in Device Menu" patch?
    OK...Please see this thread for the separate patch.

[Patch] Media Volume Control in Device Menu

Thanks a ton! I can't wait to use my Timepiece App again.
    Thanks a ton! I can't wait to use my Timepiece App again.
    i use this Ap as well and if you use the regular alarm ap this is a must have in my book
  20.    #40  
    OK...Thanks, folks...The patch is now submitted for Preware.

Just to update...I forgot to create a dependency on the original DM Megamix with my previous submission, so I had to fix it and resubmit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast