Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Here are some screenshots of the call log w/o the hideous green fades or the terrible green background when you use the avatar to access the callers info.

    I will Post the Patch However you will have to have the ability to modify .png files on your own and place them in a folder called scrims on the usb drive of your Pre.

    The .png will have to be a modification of a Palm licenced file so i cant post it. So Please dont ask.

    It will require you to modify the:
    call-log-drawer-bg.png (make it clear)


    call-log-list-sprite.png (modify it as you see fit)


    list-section-line.png (mine is gray....your choice)


    You can get these by using WOSQI 3.02...Go to tools/receive files
    Modify them using your favorite editing software then put them on your Pre.
    Place the modified files in the scrims folder named exactly as listed

    These files are located in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images

    As usual Make sure all files are spelled correctly and have the correct extension.







    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 03/13/2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  2. #2  
    Can we get someone to make a build so that this can be added to the WebOS QI GUI. I believe Jason is too busy to do it but he might add it if someone did the backend work.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Can we get someone to make a build so that this can be added to the WebOS QI GUI. I believe Jason is too busy to do it but he might add it if someone did the backend work.
    You would still have to modify the files yourself just as with the boot logo changes.

    Its very simple
    1)Install patch
    2)Receive file
    3)Modify file
    4)Place modified file in the scrims folder

    Just like all of my other scrim patches!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4.    #4  
    Edited 1st post!

    Added pics of original images
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  5. #5  
    Thanks for the scrims. I would have to say that my scrims folder is the largest pic folder on my Pre!

    Keep 'em coming..
  6. lyncha's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #6  
    Could you please post the originals? BTW, thanks for this. I have OCD and the green was really bothering me.
  7.    #7  
    can't post them...they are palm copywrighted
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  8. #8  
    hey is this coming to preware? Thanks. Btw:I haven't seen any new patches in preware lately is that just me? I been wondering this for a while. ( not just scrim patches)
  9. #9  
    2sslow, you just love scrim patches dontcha? Lol
    Very neat addition to WebOS, I would try this out but my own theme I made I edited out the green in the call log and the whole phone app for that matter to my liking.
    Great job though.
    Kudos.
  10. lyncha's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #10  
    2sslow,

    Using your patch, I was able to get rid of the "green" in the phone's call log app, BUT I've recently noticed that when I'm on a call with a contact for whom I have a pic assigned, the "green" appears around the outside of the contact's picture? Any solution to that?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    2sslow,

    Using your patch, I was able to get rid of the "green" in the phone's call log app, BUT I've recently noticed that when I'm on a call with a contact for whom I have a pic assigned, the "green" appears around the outside of the contact's picture? Any solution to that?
    That's a different part of the phone therefore requires the different png.
    I'm sure 2sslow can provide a scrim patch for that as well.
    I would help, but I don't know how to make patches.
    So I'll leave it to 2sslow.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hey is this coming to preware? Thanks. Btw:I haven't seen any new patches in preware lately is that just me? I been wondering this for a while. ( not just scrim patches)
    OMG....that pic is insane, lmao! You could open your own store. I haven't seen any new patches for a week now & it's making me twitch. Patches are being submitted regularly (see any of Jason's posts) but I think the people @ webOS Internals are very busy right now with the backup/restore program and fixing Terminal so I think once they get these wrapped up we're liable to see a whole slew of patches come down the pipe.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  13. #13  
    a bunch of new patches just landed in Preware...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  14. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #14  
    I am trying to get my phone pages to look all black like in the example in the first post.

    I can get the background correct but I am having trouble modifying the "call-log-list-sprite.png".

    When I upload it from my phone and open it, it no longer looks like it should. Any help?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I am trying to get my phone pages to look all black like in the example in the first post.

    I can get the background correct but I am having trouble modifying the "call-log-list-sprite.png".

    When I upload it from my phone and open it, it no longer looks like it should. Any help?



    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  16. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #16  
    Thanks for all your assistance! That was a huge help! My phone looks much better now without the horrible green color.

    Not knowing if this patch still worked with 1.4.1.1, I did not actually apply the patch. Rather I used webosqi to receive the affected files that you listed, saved a copy of the originals, (for later if I needed to restore them. Alternately, I can restore them with webosru. Learned that one the hard way once!), changed the files and then uploaded them to my Pre. I also had to alter the call-log-view-menu-bg.png as well. Since I wanted black, I just changed the color to black. I noticed that you made them clear. How do you make things clear? There is not much of a difference in the call-log-drawer-bg.png but a distinct difference in the header and footer.

    Also, when you call or receive a call, how do you get rid of the green around the person's icon?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Thanks for all your assistance! That was a huge help! My phone looks much better now without the horrible green color.

    Not knowing if this patch still worked with 1.4.1.1, I did not actually apply the patch. Rather I used webosqi to receive the affected files that you listed, saved a copy of the originals, (for later if I needed to restore them. Alternately, I can restore them with webosru. Learned that one the hard way once!), changed the files and then uploaded them to my Pre. I also had to alter the call-log-view-menu-bg.png as well. Since I wanted black, I just changed the color to black. I noticed that you made them clear. How do you make things clear? There is not much of a difference in the call-log-drawer-bg.png but a distinct difference in the header and footer.

    Also, when you call or receive a call, how do you get rid of the green around the person's icon?
    This one is still working in 1.4.1.1, As far as the green around the pic I dont have that? Maybe its my multiscrim patch......hmm, not sure.

    You can try it if you want and see if that does it.

    Here is the phone section if you like, Just do the same thing...Put the phone-scrim.png in the scrims folder in media/internal.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  18. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #18  
    Thanks again.

    I restored the original files on my Pre and then used your patches instead. The phone and call log look great. I had previously used the multi scrim patch but decided to leave the email and messaging alone so that is why I was trying this route.

    I know that this was not in the scope of this thread but can anything be done with the green in the attached image?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    This one is still working in 1.4.1.1, As far as the green around the pic I dont have that? Maybe its my multiscrim patch......hmm, not sure.

    You can try it if you want and see if that does it.

    Here is the phone section if you like, Just do the same thing...Put the phone-scrim.png in the scrims folder in media/internal.
    Can you clarify...

    1. Is the attached phone.patch essentially the same thing as the dialer styling mod under "Tweaks" in webOS QI?

    2. You mentioned the scrims folder under media/internal...is this the same scrims folder I created on my Pre using it in USB mode (i.e., scrims is a top-level folder with all the others)? If not, how do I create it in media/internal and get my scrim image there? I ask because I uploaded the .png image I always used with the webOS QI tweak into my main (top-level) scrims folder, but the phone dialer/log shows only a black background as if no scrim is present.


    Also, regarding this green background removal patch...I uploaded the patch and put a modified list-section-line.png file (gray like yours) in the scrims folder, but the line area is black (like the rest of the screen, per my description above) as if no line scrim file is present. Can you advise?

    Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  20.    #20  
    1) no totaly different

    2 yes the same scrims folder is used for all of my scrim patches, I am the only one who uses that folder.

    Also the only reason that would happen is if the file was misspelled or has the wrong extension (.png)
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions