Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I have mine working despite the install error I listed on the previous page. Works beautifully, and I am all synced w/ synergy and have AIM, Gtalk, Yahoo, and FB chat working!

The only part that sux is sprint ordered me a refurb for my phone which has a broken power button grrrrrr... smh at my first exchange on my launch day pre! well i backed up everything minus this patch so i will reinstall it again tomm. but got it working fine today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    You don't "login" with your username

Your username is basically a customized page link like for example to view my profile you'd type this in the address bar.
    www.facebook.com/daar.ga.rawr.ga
    Instead of being
    www.facebook.com/t8j04lrr7yu

MySpace does the same thing with their site as well.

daar.ga.rawr.ga is my username.
    Actually you can use your user-name to log into facebook. But, it also does create a page link.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    You don't "login" with your username

Your username is basically a customized page link like for example to view my profile you'd type this in the address bar.
    ww.facebook.com/daar.ga.rawr.ga
    Instead of being
    ww.facebook.com/t8j04lrr7yu

MySpace does the same thing with their site as well.

daar.ga.rawr.ga is my username.
    I beg to differ as I can login with my username instead of my email address linked to the account. That said, I'm still looking for help regarding the chat client patch.

NOTE: I modified your quote a little due to the fact I'm still classified as a newb on this forum and can't post links.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Agreed, I never use AIM any more, and would rather have Google Talk and Facebook.....
    Okay, I modified the hosts file to associate Facebook's XMPP/Jabber IP address with xmpp.oscar.aol.com -- AIM's XMPP/Jabber server name, as best I can tell -- but it didn't work.

AIM wouldn't take username@chat.facebook.com as my username -- it said it was in an invalid format. Apparently AIM in WebOS is set to use the proprietary AIM protocol and not XMPP/Jabber, so it's not looking for usernames in that format.

Soooooo, as best I can tell, it won't work.

Can anyone verify that AIM uses xmpp.oscar.aol.com as its XMPP/Jabber server name? Also, can anyone say for certain whether WebOS's AIM implementation uses XMPP/Jabber or not? I'm thinking not, which means this won't work, but I'm not positive.

For now, I'm in the same boat as other Google Apps users -- you get Google Talk OR Facebook chat, but not both. Regular Gmail users are fine, of course.

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewbaccaFreak View Post
    I have done everything as was instructed, but still cannot login to the Facebook chat. I receive a "Username or password is invalid" error. I'm positive I'm entering my credentials correctly. To test this I've also logged into Facebook with my new username and I have no issues.

Any advice as to what I should do?
    Are you connected through WiFi? My wife and I went out to dinner last night, the restaurant offered WiFi. They must have and some proxy or firewall, because it did not allow us to log-in facebook. 3G service was fine.

See if that helps or try it vise-versa see if that helps...

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Are you connected through WiFi? My wife and I went out to dinner last night, the restaurant offered WiFi. They must have and some proxy or firewall, because it did not allow us to log-in facebook. 3G service was fine.

See if that helps or try it vise-versa see if that helps...
    I'm on 3G currently, but I will try it on Wi-Fi when I get home from work tonight. I hope it works, although when I'm the go is when I would need the chat option the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewbaccaFreak View Post
    I'm on 3G currently, but I will try it on Wi-Fi when I get home from work tonight. I hope it works, although when I'm the go is when I would need the chat option the most.
    Understood, if your @ home you could just use your PC. Mm, wish I had a better answer to give.

Just to make sure you have tried restarting the device?

Understood, if your @ home you could just use your PC. Mm, wish I had a better answer to give.

Just to make sure you have tried restarting the device?
    Multiple times, and I have uninstalled/reinstalled the patch 3-4 times as well. I just don't understand why it isn't working.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I keep getting the "Could not connect to the server. Try Again." error.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Actually you can use your user-name to log into facebook. But, it also does create a page link.
    Ah, well I never knew that
    I just always used my email to log in.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    how long does it take for a patch to make it to Preware? i have Preware downloaded on my phone, but I am not able to download the webOS doctor or any software onto my computer..I got preware on my phone from a friends computer..long story, just wondering. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daville92 View Post
    how long does it take for a patch to make it to Preware? i have Preware downloaded on my phone, but I am not able to download the webOS doctor or any software onto my computer..I got preware on my phone from a friends computer..long story, just wondering. thanks
    I think Jason submitted it to Preware, just it's not there yet.
    I'm sure it will be soon.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    What are people talking about using Google Talk through Google Apps?

Why?
    I did not have a facebook user-name so I created one. then tired to sign into the IM app. It told me the same thing, so I went to facebook site on my PC and signed in using my new user-name, it took a little longer than usual. I signed out off my PC facebook and went back to the IM app. It signed me in no problem. I think it needs to "initialize" your user-name.

Not sure if this is the issue you are having, but I hope this helps!
    - I couldn't sign in username/password error, but once i signed out on my PC and signed back in using my username and password instead of my email address, signed in no problem at all. Hope this helps some of you.

This patch is fantastic!
    Someone mentioned that they don't get notifications with this patch. I assume that means that when someone sends you an FB chat message, you don't get the notification in the bottom notification area.

Is that true? Can that be tweaked to work also?
    how do i change the /etc/hosts file????
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Someone mentioned that they don't get notifications with this patch. I assume that means that when someone sends you an FB chat message, you don't get the notification in the bottom notification area.

Is that true? Can that be tweaked to work also?
    it works.
    After I installed the patch and let the account sign in for 10 minutes it added all my Facebook friends to messaging. But it slowed everything down horribly and after restarting Luna I lost all my contacts from the messaging app and also lost all the circle icons from the Contacts list (even for other accounts, Google Talk and AIM).

I think this is a problem with the number of Facebook contacts I have (>500, but I've had the account for over 6 years after living in 4 cities). I would hope that the ease of this plugin means we get real facebook chat support soon that integrates it in a way that doesn't shut down the device.

I'm waiting on the account to remove (10 minutes and counting) and then I'll uninstall the patch. Hopefully my other messaging accounts start working again after removing the facebook account.
    Last edited by sokablamo; 03/15/2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    How do you uninstall this? I installed through quick install. Not sure how to take it off.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    What are people talking about using Google Talk through Google Apps?

Why?
    Because some of us (or at least myself) prefer to use one's own somename@somedomain.com for a messaging ID instead of somecode123@gmail.com, all else being equal.

PS: Some of us looks like are going to need to wait it out a bit more for FB chat given the choice between google apps chat and FB chat :-(
    Last edited by mauro1; 03/15/2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: adding PS
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast