Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    preware preware...just download the patchfile and use webos quickinstall
    Quote Originally Posted by andred View Post
    this patch has too many issues waste of time....this phone is crap....doesnt even have FB chat for god sakes....that's pathetic....iphone BB droid...pretty much come with this on the phone out of the box....lol what a piece of crap
    There are really no issues that make this app a waste of time...

The initial sign in takes a few minutes and Synergy will consider FBchat contacts google contacts. The first problem is solved by waiting a few minutes, the second is solved by either linking accounts, or using one of the various alternatives to the contact apps.

No big deal...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    i keep getting a username or password is invalid

i typed in my username@@chat.facebook.com
    and my correct password
    yes i do have them both correct considering i have tried many times retyping it each!
    and yes i do have the patch! gnu patch and that lsdiff are also installed!

anyone know a solution?
    still got this problem, uninstalled and reinstalled several times now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here it is, in patch form

Thanks robvanvliet

How & where do i install this patch
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    @@ ?
    try with just one @
    Works great for me too! Thanks guys.
    its slowing down my messaging app... anyone else?

Also, i have not been able to send messages. Messages are all grayed out (
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    preware preware...just download the patchfile and use webos quickinstall
    i'm at work and do not have everything installed on my workpc so a preware issue would be a great help.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    i'm at work and do not have everything installed on my workpc so a preware issue would be a great help.
    I'm in the same boat, at work, have the stuff installed but I don't have a usb cord
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    Third that, but with no Admin rights to even get WOSQI installed, well I think its NOVACOM that will not actually work without admin rights but either way i cannot use it here because of that. Preware would be awesome right about now!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Works great, thanks!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    Hello,

A couple of minutes ago something occurred to me, and it works:
    for facebook chat you only need to change the

/etc/hosts file.

Just add the line

69.63.181.104 talk.google.com

and add a facebook account as if it where a gmail account, so <username>@chat.facebook.com

Voila!
    My apologies if someone already mentioned this... The patch will stop working once chat.facebook.com changes to a different IP address. DNS hardcoding is always the way to go, if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nebj00la View Post
    My apologies if someone already mentioned this... The patch will stop working once chat.facebook.com changes to a different IP address. DNS hardcoding is always the way to go, if possible.
    Can you explain how to do this? Is it something I can do by just having my phone do Dev mode and USB, or do I need to be rooted?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    its slowing down my messaging app... anyone else?

Also, i have not been able to send messages. Messages are all grayed out (
    Give it a few minutes until it synchronizes with your contacts. Works best if you're over a faster WiFi connection, at least from the initial setup. Once it's done, it will be all good!!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK can someone hlep me, I did the WOSQI route and I keep getting the following error "mount: mounting/dev/mapper/store-root on/ failed: Device or resource busy" but when I went into the messaging app to sign on with username@@chat.facebook.comand use my correct password I am still able to add the account. The spinning circle is signing in as if everything is working fine and I have a lot of FB contacts so I assume it will take a while. Should I be worried that the patch isnt installing? What does this error mean and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I created
    I just don't feel like you are doing enough for the WebOS Community. "I created...." Is that all you have to offer us?

HA HA HA HA HA

If you don't see the crazy sarcasm with this post, you don't need to be on the internet!

Great work Jason!
    I am having issues with AIM signing in on my Pre Plus since I installed the Facebook patch... It works on my computer, but not the Pre. Anyone else having issues?

Update: Nevermind... It is my work's wifi that is hindering it for some reason...
    Last edited by jamiedhouse; 03/15/2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    OK can someone hlep me, I did the WOSQI route and I keep getting the following error "mount: mounting/dev/mapper/store-root on/ failed: Device or resource busy" but when I went into the messaging app to sign on with username@@chat.facebook.comand use my correct password I am still able to add the account. The spinning circle is signing in as if everything is working fine and I have a lot of FB contacts so I assume it will take a while. Should I be worried that the patch isnt installing? What does this error mean and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance.
    Are you putting your device into DEV Mode and connecting with the "Just Charge" option?
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Originally Posted by mikeybob365
    i keep getting a username or password is invalid

i typed in my username@@chat.facebook.com
    and my correct password
    yes i do have them both correct considering i have tried many times retyping it each!
    and yes i do have the patch! gnu patch and that lsdiff are also installed!

anyone know a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    still got this problem, uninstalled and reinstalled several times now!
    I did not have a facebook user-name so I created one. then tired to sign into the IM app. It told me the same thing, so I went to facebook site on my PC and signed in using my new user-name, it took a little longer than usual. I signed out off my PC facebook and went back to the IM app. It signed me in no problem. I think it needs to "initialize" your user-name.

Not sure if this is the issue you are having, but I hope this helps!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    Are you putting your device into DEV Mode and connecting with the "Just Charge" option?
    Yep! I leave my phone in developer mode and I am using the just charge option, otherwise WOSQI wouldnt even recognize my pre in order to attempt to apply the patch and give me this error. I dont know what this error means or why I am getting it?
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast