Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Does anyone know how to make it where your contacts don't get flooded with my "google" friends with are acually facebook friends. When I go into preferences and accounts on the contacts there is nothing to get rid of. I can only go to the messaging app and get rid of the google talk to get rid of the contact flooding. But that means my facebook chat would go away.

I hope I'm making sense to someone lol.
    on the Buddy view of your phone's messenger app, hit the Messaging tab in the upper left hand corner and then select Hide Offline Buddies.

is that what youre wanting to do? it will make it to where only people who are online or online and idle will show up at any given time.
    for those with the spinning circle..i let it run and it took round 5 minutes to update all my friends, but now works, dont give it up

it also correctly lists my groups! awesome!
    Wow.... sounds difficult but I'm up for trying anything... Thanx!!!!!
    OK. So it seems like most of us got it working. So how you'll battery life. I haven't been able to really test it in the real world because I've been at home all weekend (Surgery).
    is this patch going to be in preware anytime soon?
    how's everyone's battery life taking this new awesome discovery?
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjrtattoo View Post
    Wow.... sounds difficult but I'm up for trying anything... Thanx!!!!!
    none of it is difficult.

if you dont already have WebOS Quick Install on your computer, it might take a little bit of time. But once you have that on there, its a matter of downloading the patch file, opening QI, clicking the file you saved, and then hitting the GO button.

Sometimes these computer things sound harder then they are if youre only reading the steps and not actually doing it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Works perfect here! Too bad it shows up as Google and not Facebook. sorry not nit picking since I am very greatful for this feature now that iPhone isnt the only that can FB chat!!
    If i'm the only one i apologize, i'm just trying to pin down the source. I used Jason's patch....and when i'm in the "buddies" view of the messaging app and i press on a person to IM, it doesn't open a chat...the name looks as if i press it, but there is no action.

Like i said...i'm sure its not this patch, as everything else is working fine. Any ideas? I've tried rebooting and all that. I can manually go to the chat view and add a message and then type in the persons name and type to them via fb chat or whatever....just can't press on the their name in the "buddies" list.

Edit:

I removed the patch and my phone seems to be doing the same thing. not sure what it is....ehh..Patch works great though. thanks guys
    Last edited by Hernie; 03/14/2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    just installed this patch about a half an hour ago and after about a 25 minutes it finally synced my buddy list completely. The only thing I noticed is that the refresh rate is sort of slow to update. I logged into a spare facebook account to test how the patch worked and it took about 5 minutes or so before the phone recognized that the username was actually online. The cool thing is that it still sent the messages anyways and I received them on my computer together at one time. Overall it still needs some kinks worked out, probably on palms end, but we finally have facebook chat on our phones.

Thanks to everyone who made this possible.
    will this be coming to preware as a patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by daville92 View Post
    will this be coming to preware as a patch?
    Yea, I submitted it yesterday. Though, for the record, WOSQI installs .patch files in the same way Preware does, under the same AUPT, and is uninsytalled in both WOSQI/Preware
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, I submitted it yesterday. Though, for the record, WOSQI installs .patch files in the same way Preware does, under the same AUPT, and is uninsytalled in both WOSQI/Preware
    Agreed!

I like PreWare too but at home WOSQI is so much quicker!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Many thanks to OP and Jason!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    How do I enter First<space>Lastname@chat.facebook.com ?
    soooo how about a patch in preware for those of us with no access to a computer? Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    soooo how about a patch in preware for those of us with no access to a computer? Please?
    It has been submitted. But as of right now its only avaliable through WQI
    noticed something that's also pretty cool.
    I was just talking to someone and they signed offline and it said
    xxxxxxxx@chat.facebook.com is now offline

With a little tweak it can be fixed to show their name.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by aximmaxim View Post
    How do I enter First<space>Lastname@chat.facebook.com ?
    it's your username, not your name.
    Go to account upper right
    click on account settings
    and you should see your username
    If not just create one.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    awesome! thank you!
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast