webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Very simple Facebook Chat patch
Very simple Facebook Chat patch
  Reply
Like Tree11Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09/19/2011, 12:11 AM   #721 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 348
would someone put this patch on prepare? Thanks
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 10:40 PM   #722 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjev View Post
I followed the directs to set up transports and have successfully linked my msn account with gmail. However, when I set up Facebook, it locks my account from a different country, and when I accept it, it now forces me to create a new password. So therefore the Facebook jabber then does not have proper authorization, and there is no way to change the password as far as i can see, without redoing the whole process. Any ideas?
I had this same problem no matter how many times I tried. A few weeks later I gave it another shot, and it inexplicably worked. Facebook may have possibly changed something in the background, so if I were you I'd try again.
keflexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 01:35 AM   #723 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 70
is there any way to let this owne work with touchpad
locbuondoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 06:17 AM   #724 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdash View Post
Hi guys,

I was completely annoyed by the fact, that facebook integration doesn't work anymore. I bought mundu, but never really got happy with it.

But here it comes:

I found a really good workaround by using facebook jabber transport via hot-chilli.net. You only have to do a few things:

1. you need a google-account
2. you need a software like gajim
3. in gajim:
a) login to your google-talk account
b) under action -> services type "jabber.hot-chilli.net"
c) find the facebook-transport and add it to your google talk
d) follow the steps and use username@chat.facebook.com to login
e) now facebook-chat is integrated to your google-chat account, independently from the software. You can verify that by going to your googlemail account. On the left side you will see your google-talk buddies AND your facebook-buddies.
4. Last step is just to login on google-talk with your palm pre or any other device, that supports google talk.

This solution is device independent and can be used by any device, that supports the jabber protocol or google-talk.

Greetings
ok i keep getting stuck at the part where i go to "action -> services type jabber.hot-chilli.net"
im using psi and i get the error "the sender has sent xml that is malformed or that cannot be processed" so i never get the agent list to use...can anybody help me?

*EDIT*
well i searched for another transport service and found a great listing at http://www.jabberes.org/servers/serv...es_online.html from there i found jabme.de and it's working well so far

Last edited by kenbonana; 10/14/2011 at 07:05 AM.
kenbonana is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: briancornerbrook
Old 10/18/2011, 02:31 PM   #725 (permalink)
Member
 
TavisJohn's Avatar
 
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdash View Post
Hi guys,

I was completely annoyed by the fact, that facebook integration doesn't work anymore. I bought mundu, but never really got happy with it.

But here it comes:

I found a really good workaround by using facebook jabber transport via hot-chilli.net. You only have to do a few things:

1. you need a google-account
2. you need a software like gajim
3. in gajim:
a) login to your google-talk account
b) under action -> services type "jabber.hot-chilli.net"
c) find the facebook-transport and add it to your google talk
d) follow the steps and use username@chat.facebook.com to login
e) now facebook-chat is integrated to your google-chat account, independently from the software. You can verify that by going to your googlemail account. On the left side you will see your google-talk buddies AND your facebook-buddies.
4. Last step is just to login on google-talk with your palm pre or any other device, that supports google talk.

This solution is device independent and can be used by any device, that supports the jabber protocol or google-talk.

Greetings
OK I have sense moved onto a different phone and no longer need this... So how to I disable "jabber.hot-chilli.net" as a transport service?
__________________
Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
TavisJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2011, 08:39 AM   #726 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbonana View Post
ok i keep getting stuck at the part where i go to "action -> services type jabber.hot-chilli.net"
im using psi and i get the error "the sender has sent xml that is malformed or that cannot be processed" so i never get the agent list to use...can anybody help me?

*EDIT*
well i searched for another transport service and found a great listing at Jabber/XMPP Server List from there i found jabme.de and it's working well so far
got it - works ;-) ... Leaving touch pad synergy open for ever .. Haha ... Yea ... I'm a 43 year old child :-P
briancb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2011, 09:17 AM   #727 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancornerbrook View Post
got it - works ;-) ... Leaving touch pad synergy open for ever .. Haha ... Yea ... I'm a 43 year old child :-P
What webOS version do you use? Wont work on my Preł ...
groogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2011, 11:10 PM   #728 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
Hello,

A couple of minutes ago something occurred to me, and it works:
for facebook chat you only need to change the

/etc/hosts file.

Just add the line

69.63.181.104 talk.google.com

and add a facebook account as if it where a gmail account, so <username>@chat.facebook.com

Voila!

BTW: Google Talk does not actually use "talk.google.com", so it continues to work as normal

How it works: the messaging application can use any xmpp (jabber) service. In the code, however, it is restricted to google talk. (Ref Enabling Jabber, not just Google Talk - WebOS Internals | Google Groups )

The ip address above is actually "chat.facebook.com", so we impersonate facebook as google talk.

For more info on facebook chat clients see Help Center | Facebook
hey, can you please help me, i did everything you said..i install the patch using webos quick install then i create a facebook username and sign out. restart my palm pixi plus. then lastly, i went to the messaging add account click on gmail, and then i entered my username@chat.facebook.com along with my password. BUT, i end up with a error saying "could not connect to the server". please help me i have trying to get this done a very long time please!! thanks in advance
dan-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2012, 09:00 AM   #729 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
Here it is, in patch form

Thanks robvanvliet
I tried it both on a veer and a touchpad and no luck... it installs fine but when I go to add the account i get :"the account credentials you have entered are incorrect"

thanks for the help
salmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 12:19 AM   #730 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 5
" then type
mount -o remount, rw /
vi /etc/hosts.
once the file opens press i to enter insert mode and move your curson just below the last line with characters. ignore the lines with '~'. then type 69.63.181.104 talk.google.com
press esc to exit insert mode.
press x to save again you have to make sure u are not on insert mode. quit by typing :q!
mount -o remount, ro /
reboot
and then go to facebook and get your username from the account settings.
add account to messaging and bingo!"
I didn't understand this properly... Where to type those characters??? Can anyone please help regarding this???
Manubn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/2012, 11:04 PM   #731 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
its not working for me! in fact nothing is working right with me in WebOS, I just get on it and I cant get working MSN or Facebook Chat.
in the Facebook chat patch I get the message "could not connect to the sever try again" WHY IS THAT? I am very angry about it. when I tried the plugins for MSN just does not install! WebOS is simply fantastic, but I'm very upset because he could not install anything
(I have Palm Pixi Plus system in version 1.4.5)

Please can someone REALLY help me?
pedrogdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2012, 12:12 PM   #732 (permalink)
Member
 
toaste's Avatar
 
Posts: 285
I guess a patch for the touchpad isn't coming. Tried the patch via webOSqi & its unable to connect to webOS-internals' servers & cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch. Is the patch still pre only?

couldn't install on my pre2 (2.2.4), same errors

Last edited by toaste; 08/31/2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: new info
toaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 12:16 PM   #733 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
Error conecting to the sever :/
Henderlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0