Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superdash View Post
    Hi guys,

I was completely annoyed by the fact, that facebook integration doesn't work anymore. I bought mundu, but never really got happy with it.

But here it comes:

I found a really good workaround by using facebook jabber transport via hot-chilli.net. You only have to do a few things:

1. you need a google-account
    2. you need a software like gajim
    3. in gajim:
    a) login to your google-talk account
    b) under action -> services type "jabber.hot-chilli.net"
    c) find the facebook-transport and add it to your google talk
    d) follow the steps and use username@chat.facebook.com to login
    e) now facebook-chat is integrated to your google-chat account, independently from the software. You can verify that by going to your googlemail account. On the left side you will see your google-talk buddies AND your facebook-buddies.
    4. Last step is just to login on google-talk with your palm pre or any other device, that supports google talk.

This solution is device independent and can be used by any device, that supports the jabber protocol or google-talk.

Greetings
    gonna set this up when i get home.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks for this suggestion!

There's some additional information here: Gtalk and Transports - GoonDroid Wiki
    The notes on Facebook at the bottom of that page are helpful; I also found Psi to be easier to use than Gajim, which hangs for a few seconds every time I do anything.

I didn't try to rename all the hundreds of my Facebook friends in Psi, since 3/4 of them never use Facebook chat. I just leave Psi running, and when friends log in that I have not renamed, it's easy to Ctrl+I to identify them, then F2 to rename them. The new name and the Jabber email address get stored to Google Contacts, where I use "Find and Merge Duplicates" to combine the Jabber id with their existing contact record.

The other thing to note is that when you initially log into Gtalk after making this change, your Pre will chug for quite some time (over 30 minutes for me), depending on the size of your Facebook friends list.
    LordSecksie likes this.
    when i try to sign in, it says cannot connect to server. anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtom2000 View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion!

There's some additional information here: Gtalk and Transports - GoonDroid Wiki
    The notes on Facebook at the bottom of that page are helpful; I also found Psi to be easier to use than Gajim, which hangs for a few seconds every time I do anything.

I didn't try to rename all the hundreds of my Facebook friends in Psi, since 3/4 of them never use Facebook chat. I just leave Psi running, and when friends log in that I have not renamed, it's easy to Ctrl+I to identify them, then F2 to rename them. The new name and the Jabber email address get stored to Google Contacts, where I use "Find and Merge Duplicates" to combine the Jabber id with their existing contact record.

The other thing to note is that when you initially log into Gtalk after making this change, your Pre will chug for quite some time (over 30 minutes for me), depending on the size of your Facebook friends list.
    This worked great! Thanx

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    From what i can tell facebook changed something so the IP address will change every so often to a different IP address. I got this from pinging chat.facebook.com and would get a different IP address every so often. Pretty much meaning the chat spoof won't work any more cause it wont go to the right IP.
    Using Gajim was a total disaster for me. Suddenly I have an flood of messages as soon as I log into Google Talk from my Pre - all invites for all 400ish of my friends' randomly numbered Facebook profiles.

Is there a solution to this without having hundreds of "invites" to answer on Google Talk?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Everything works! Just one question...

I have noticed that when logging in, the display pictures are saved on the phone and if the facebook contact is synced with an actual contact, that becomes their picture. If they are not on the next time I log in, that picture gets removed.

My question is : How do I get that picture to stay as their picture no matter how many times I log off and on?
    this isn't working. I added the transport, but no facebook friends show in my gtalk list. I do however have a contact called facebook.jabber.hot-chilli.net who's status says Resource conflict. Not sure what that is. Did I do something wrong?
    ------------
    update:
    -------------
    Sorry it works. The error means that I had to authorize the transport service by relogging in to FB.
    Last edited by jemojc; 08/02/2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: wrong, it works
    Hey, I get a "could not connect to the server" error.
    I've been using fb chat via ichat this way so palm is definitely the problem here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Er help ! just got my new pre 2 , and installed homebrew on it . now i want to get facebook chat to work ? Er help.
    I am totally new to programming patches and apps too a cell phone can you walk me thru the installation of the patch, i have no clue were to begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    Er help ! just got my new pre 2 , and installed homebrew on it . now i want to get facebook chat to work ? Er help.
    I would suggest using this, although ill admit that the Facebook Chat plugin doesnt work the greatest.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...ml#post2914013
    does this work on the touchpad?
    i installed the patch using the quick installer and cant get it to work i enter my username from facebook and my password. i enter it like it says but i dont know what the problem seems to be so please me thanks
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    does this work on the touchpad?
    i'd like to know how it works on the touchpad coz it won't work for me

installed patch,
    opened messaging
    google account
    'name'@chat.facebook.com and password

can't sign in =S 'The account credentials you entered are incorrect. Try again'
    is this working is webos 2.0?
    I followed the directs to set up transports and have successfully linked my msn account with gmail. However, when I set up Facebook, it locks my account from a different country, and when I accept it, it now forces me to create a new password. So therefore the Facebook jabber then does not have proper authorization, and there is no way to change the password as far as i can see, without redoing the whole process. Any ideas?
  18. i3
    is facebook chat not already implemented as standard into the pre3?
    if not, is there a way of getting it working?
    Im on the Touchpad actually
    Need a n00b Guide for this, Appreciate the hard work.