Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dean allon View Post
    can someone please explain this f**king thing where do i send the patch and what I'm doing whit it.
    please
    Search is your friend, How to Install Patches install the same way you would any other patch. It appears to be broken for an unknown reason at this time, anyone have any updates on the status.

BTW, cursing does not help, and only discourages people from wanting to help you.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Please o please , the mastermind behind the Facebook Chat Spoof , can you fix the program , so it will work again, thanks if you get to read this post for your programming skills and updating the patch
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    can we get this to work again plz
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    can we get this to work again plz

This patch may never work again. Try using Mundu IM app. It has a Facebook chat interface.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    This patch may never work again. Try using Mundu IM app. It has a Facebook chat interface.
    Nice thought except that the whole reason I prefer a patch that uses the built-in IM is so that all the IM/TXT's are in one long thread attached to the person's name.

I also have a bad feeling that if I break down and pay the $2.99 for the app, THEN a fix for this will become available.

It happened to me with a Facebook app that cost $1.99. I finally purchased it and 2 weeks later Palm released an OS update that included a built in Facebook app FREE!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I haven't read this entire thing, but I've read a large majority of it (seriously, I have).

Just so I understand, this patch doesn't work anymore? I tried using it and had the "couldn't connect to server" problem. Unfortunately, although I'm sure post #475 is helpful, I don't understand what he's saying and can't find an /ect when using Internalz.
    You can find the /etc by clicking on the top folder when you open Internalz, unfortunately on mine the hosts file is already on .105 ip and I still am unable to log in so unless someone knows the latest ip address it still wont work or it could most likely as has been mentioned on this thread I believe a facebook change and this patch won't now work at all.

I have Mundu IM and while it is ok that you can chat using facebook, I find it drains my battery fast and as said above it's not integrated like the patch did for us

Hopefully with the Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad arriving soon this will be fixed officially by HP in the new facebook app they say they are bringing out!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Any update on a fix for this? I love this patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by burnyd View Post
    for some odd reason I cannot get this to work? I have my facebook account as one of my accounts when I go to contacts and then accounts I see it as a listing for synergy to sync it....

but when I use my email as part of the sign in...... like the same email I use for my facebook account and same password for facebook I get Coult not connect to server try again?
    Same issue.... any help PLEASE???
    Try reading the thread. The FB Chat patch does not work for ANYONE. It appears that FB chanted their chat system and the patch no longer works.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    It just allowed me to chat with more friends. I never use it on the site, the web-chat sucks.
    sorry i find this thing a waste of time...for a beginner like me...i have no idea about it...tried many times just almost killing me....thank you by the way...it is not as simple as just one patch...it is hard and don't know how it works for me....tried as you instructed but without success..i am giving up...thanks.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shemoz View Post
    sorry i find this thing a waste of time...for a beginner like me...i have no idea about it...tried many times just almost killing me....thank you by the way...it is not as simple as just one patch...it is hard and don't know how it works for me....tried as you instructed but without success..i am giving up...thanks.
    You should read the posts in the thread. This patch is not working anymore, facebook changed something and broke it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    About mundu IM...i am not residing in the US...so I can't download it via the web...any other method for me downloading the app..any suggestion? Thank you.
    Hi guys,

I was completely annoyed by the fact, that facebook integration doesn't work anymore. I bought mundu, but never really got happy with it.

But here it comes:

I found a really good workaround by using facebook jabber transport via hot-chilli.net. You only have to do a few things:

1. you need a google-account
    2. you need a software like gajim
    3. in gajim:
    a) login to your google-talk account
    b) under action -> services type "jabber.hot-chilli.net"
    c) find the facebook-transport and add it to your google talk
    d) follow the steps and use username@chat.facebook.com to login
    e) now facebook-chat is integrated to your google-chat account, independently from the software. You can verify that by going to your googlemail account. On the left side you will see your google-talk buddies AND your facebook-buddies.
    4. Last step is just to login on google-talk with your palm pre or any other device, that supports google talk.

This solution is device independent and can be used by any device, that supports the jabber protocol or google-talk.

Greetings
    Quote Originally Posted by superdash View Post
    Hi guys,

I was completely annoyed by the fact, that facebook integration doesn't work anymore. I bought mundu, but never really got happy with it.

But here it comes:

I found a really good workaround by using facebook jabber transport via hot-chilli.net. You only have to do a few things:

1. you need a google-account
    2. you need a software like gajim
    3. in gajim:
    a) login to your google-talk account
    b) under action -> services type "jabber.hot-chilli.net"
    c) find the facebook-transport and add it to your google talk
    d) follow the steps and use username@chat.facebook.com to login
    e) now facebook-chat is integrated to your google-chat account, independently from the software. You can verify that by going to your googlemail account. On the left side you will see your google-talk buddies AND your facebook-buddies.
    4. Last step is just to login on google-talk with your palm pre or any other device, that supports google talk.

This solution is device independent and can be used by any device, that supports the jabber protocol or google-talk.

Greetings
    sounds great. I went to try it but doesnt seem to be compatible on a Mac (unless I missed something)

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    You can use any Jabber-Client, that supports installation of transport-protocolls. You can also go to one of your friends with a windows-pc and do it there if you don't find a jabber client software for mac, that supports it.

You just have to do that once. Then you can delete the software. The configuration is stored on your google account. But be aware: if you change your password, you have to reconfigure your facebook-transport with the new password.

Addition: This also works for any other Jabber based IM i.e. icq. As a result, you have everything in one place. The only thing missing is skype, because of its closed protocoll, that is not compatible to jabber.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thanks superdash, this works perfectly. Back up and running on the Pre with FB chat!
    superdash... I cannot thank you enough for finding this fix! Best part of it now is that no more having to install preware after doctoring my phone. Just set up the account and away we go! How ever there's a small problem... It downloads the user ID instead of the persons name. A few contacts have the proper names. Who knows maybe it will correct itself in a while, I just set it up. Once again my good man, I appreciate this. This post should be stickied or moved to its own thread to make it more noticeable for the people who really need this.
    Last edited by gtz1893; 07/06/2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Hi again,

I encountered the same problem with the names not beeing correctly displayed. There's just the number. But there is a (I have to admit: not very good) solution to this problem:

If you install the facebook app, all your facebook contacts are also stored to your address-book. With gajim (or a similar software) you can lookup the number and link/connect them to the person manually via synergy.

This solution means some work, if you have a lot of contacts. But it works fine for me and if you did it, it isn't too much work to add new friends.

If anybody has a better idea / workaround for this special problem: post it. I'd like to know

(btw. sry for my bad English)