Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I just Pinged chat.facebook.com and I got 69.63.181.105

Can someone either please update the patch, or make a new one?
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn View Post
    I just Pinged chat.facebook.com and I got 69.63.181.105

Can someone either please update the patch, or make a new one?
    This is the IP address in the latest patch.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Then what changed to break our chat?
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn View Post
    Then what changed to break our chat?
    has to be the IP, or some new security perimeters
    It's most likely a problem with Facebook. Mundu uses the same format (Someone@chat.facebook.com) that the patch does and it is able to connect to Facebook. But that's an app, not a patch. So Facebook might only be allowing apps to access the chat feature and blocking simple patches from gaining access. When I first used Mundu, Facebook shut my account down and made me reactivate it before I could use it again. So maybe Facebook needs to authorize the patch in a similar way.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I have a pixi plus on at&t and everytime i try to install it i get an unable to connect to webOS internals servers any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    I have a pixi plus on at&t and everytime i try to install it i get an unable to connect to webOS internals servers any help?
    Do you use Quick Install?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I just pinged chat.facebook.com and got 69.171.241.10. Whenever I would login with my fb username @chat.facebook.com, I'd get "could not connect to the server. Try again." I'm gonna try editing the "hosts" file and replace the old ip with the above ip & let ya'll know the results. You REALLY ought to update the patch, cuz it wasn't until I got on here that I learned what was going wrong in the first place! Great patch, btw. ;-)
    I just pinged chat.facebook.com and got 69.63.181.105... Maybe the IP address keeps changing. I wonder if the patch can be altered to use the URL instead of an IP address.
    69.171.241.10 for me too...
    Try the attached patch (I can't test it because I have a Pre- with webOS 2.1).

domain of that IP is "jabber-02-01-ash3.facebook.com" - looks like they will maybe have multiple Jabber servers/IPs?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    tried it. Did not connect to server. Thanks for the effort though.
    is everyone experiancing this problem with FB chat ? Or is it just a few Palm Pre users? Thanks in advance
    Original Palm Pre user who has had problems with FB chat spoof for a few weeks now. Very frustrating. Wonder if the developer of this patch is aware of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geovanni68 View Post
    is everyone experiancing this problem with FB chat ? Or is it just a few Palm Pre users? Thanks in advance
    me too...original palm pre user
    bump. No solutions?
    I fixed mine. I bought an Evo.
    well, buy me one too or say something useful.
    could this patch support tweaks so i can use it along with the advanced framework patch?
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    any fixes for this yet? Im getting annoyed using the chat in browser
    can someone please explain this f**king thing where do i send the patch and what I'm doing whit it.
    please