Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    In frustration with the non working facebook spoof on the messaging app, I bought a copy of Mundu. In Mundu, it works. So I don't know whats going on.
    Ditto here - 1.4.5 - just a half grey half green circle with Available next to it & no contacts & when account removed & try to re-add it won't connect
    from Greg Roll: 'Messaging Plugins', found in precentral.
    it works
    I used to think the FB app was pretty good. Then I tried the FB app on my iPod Touch....the iPod app blows ours out of the water.

It also seems like it takes forever for notifications to display in the Pre's FB app. On the iPod, the push features sometimes will come up faster than the full website on my computer.

The only thing I use my Pre for now is texting, phone calls and occasionally the SuperJump game (unless I'm out and don't have the iPod with me). Everything else seems to work much better on the iPod. Holding out hope for either a Pre3 on Sprint with better apps, or else that the iPhone comes to Sprint. Right now I would go with the iPhone.

I'm pretty frustrated with my Sprint Pre, and have been eligible for a new phone for well over a year now. I'm just not sold on Android. It seems clunky...fast, but clunky.
    hey how come the facebook chat doesn't work?when I try to log in it justs shows "server not available"
    any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This is causing such an issue that it's popped up under the "Palm Pre" section with a topic called "facebook chat spoof problem" . Hopefully someone can work this out.
    I've never heard of "Google Chat". What is this? Perhaps "Google Talk"?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Season View Post
    In frustration with the non working facebook spoof on the messaging app, I bought a copy of Mundu. In Mundu, it works. So I don't know whats going on.
    what version of webOS are you using? I bought mundu for my plus (1.4.5) and get the same results as googletalk with the patch... Unable to connect
    So I'm not alone with having problems with the Facebook spoof patch? It worked just fine for a while, but now doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there other ways to have a Facebook IM chat on the Pre?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    So I'm not alone with having problems with the Facebook spoof patch? It worked just fine for a while, but now doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there other ways to have a Facebook IM chat on the Pre?
    "Mundu IM" in the App Catalog (2.99) works, but I hated having to pay 2.99 to do something that I was able to do for free for over a year. I hope the developers are looking into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjstealth View Post
    "Mundu IM" in the App Catalog (2.99) works, but I hated having to pay 2.99 to do something that I was able to do for free for over a year. I hope the developers are looking into this.
    Thanks for the tip! The app does seem to be working well, but I get what you mean about paying for something that was once free.

Off subject, but what is a Sprint Gold member?

I am 2.1.0 using greg's synergy plugins and the patch and it works great for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    [QUOTE=mamouton;2933876]I am 2.1.0 using greg's synergy plugins and the patch and it works great for me.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

How did you set that up? Does it work on the Sprint Palm Pre?

a 1.4.5 solution? Anyone have a guess towards the problem? Is it fb or gtalk?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Thanks for the tip! The app does seem to be working well, but I get what you mean about paying for something that was once free.

Off subject, but what is a Sprint Gold member?
    A Sprint Premier Gold member means that you have been with Sprint for more than 10 years and/or have a plan over a certain monthly amount. It's the change that took place 4/1/11.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    glad to know its not just me. I'm on 1.4.5 here so I'm hoping a fix happens (on their end or ours) soon. the chat function was a great tool
    Quote Originally Posted by cjstealth View Post
    A Sprint Premier Gold member means that you have been with Sprint for more than 10 years and/or have a plan over a certain monthly amount. It's the change that took place 4/1/11.
    What do you get for being a Gold member? Who told you that you were a Gold member? And is there any other levels? What about customers that have been with Sprint for 5 years? Are we silver?

I know it is not a Google Talk problem. I can still IM on AOL, Google Talk, and Yahoo all still work. So it is just Facebook.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    This problem has happened before where facebook moved the chat service to a different server which caused the IP address to change. So the patch probably needs to be updated with the new server IP address in order to work. This is just my guess anyways...
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    can this please be fixed?