Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I'm sure nobody cares about this topic anymore but I need HELP. I saw no one with the same problem. When I try to add my google talk account it says " Could not connect to the server. Try again" I followed all steps.
    If your a noob, don't bother with this patch. I'm a noob and can't get it to work *shrugs*. "Rooting", "Host Files" you might as well be speaking Klingon. Give me a "Click here option" and I'm all set, otherwise. . .not gonna happen.
    @ bluewolfsoul and vinnyveech33

Sorry your experience has not been good and you couldn't get the patch working. All of the instructions and host file locations and how to edit and check them are located in this thread in multiple location and using multiple methods. The easiest ones are in the latter pages.

This spoof isn't perfect and while it works, it does have some undesireable side affects. The good news is that FB integration appears to be coming with WebOS 2.0. So just hang on till then and it should be seamless.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I just try and it works amazingly.
    @ bluewolfsoul & vinnyveech33

It is very simple
    1. Just instal this patch on your pre.
    2. Log in to your facebook account an create a username in seting menu and then log off.
    3. Log in to your gtalk on your pre using your facebook
    username you've just created and your existing password.
    4. You are ready to chat with facebook account.
    you may not success on first time login, but keep trying.
    Last edited by merzy; 10/30/2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: miss type
    I am not sure if this is gonna break the patch or not but just an FYI

Quote Originally Posted by facebook
    Chat will unavailable briefly starting at about 11pm PDT as we make improvements. We'll work to bring it back as quickly as possible...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here it is, in patch form

Thanks robvanvliet
    I'm new to palm pre and not sure how to install this patch to get facebook messaging. can you dumb it down for me please and provide the steps needed. thnks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridmd View Post
    I'm new to palm pre and not sure how to install this patch to get facebook messaging. can you dumb it down for me please and provide the steps needed. thnks.
    Go Here and in stall PreWare.

Once installed launch Preware, browse to Patches and you can install the FB chat spoof patch from there.

You should probably also do some reading HERE.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    when first installed patch, would get stuck at "connecting". removed patch cus would show some of my friends list but never finish connecting.

but why does it seem to be working after the patch is gone? lol

shows all my friends lists and is connected

maybe because you haven't rebooted your Pre? Welcome to P|C!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcast View Post
    when first installed patch, would get stuck at "connecting". removed patch cus would show some of my friends list but never finish connecting.

but why does it seem to be working after the patch is gone? lol

shows all my friends lists and is connected

It does this while it is downloading the "Facebook user-name" into all your contacts on your profile (it is just a jumble of numbers and letters under Gtalk account). It may take several minutes to an hour to complete depending on how many friends you have. If you look at your contacts you will see some of them getting the chat status dot next to their name, if it is grey they are not online, if it is green they are online.

Please reference my signature...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    it works man good job
    wont work on my pre plus
    I still dont get where to put the patch? can someone please provide me step by step of what to do? Thanks!
    So I tried the hard way and I tried the patch, both ways when I try to add the account it is telling me my username or password is invalid, when I know it isnt...whats up..using a pixi btw...
    nevermind ignore me...
    I dont understand how the qi works for pre? It wont connect my device for me to install the patch...someone help me out! Please?
    wow, this awesome!

after I downloaded it and my fone rebooted I was waiting for something magical to happen but it didn't. In fact, I was pretty clueless as to what was going on, but after some fenaggling and reading, I got it goin no problem. Thanks to the developer!
    I love homebrew!

Palm Pre Plus from VZW
    -Overclocked
    -Some Emulators
    -Patches
    --5x4 icon V2
    --Battery Icon and Percent
    --Email Confirm/Delete
    --Enable Landscape Email
    --Fahrenheit Temperature with Battery in Device
    --iPhone style for Texting
    --Match State to Area Code
    --Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    --Video Camera Flashlight
    --Virtual Keyboard
    -Numerous Apps

v 1.4.5
    the patch doesn't work anymore on Pre with webOS 2.1
    can you please fix it?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tonig23 View Post
    the patch doesn't work anymore on Pre with webOS 2.1
    can you please fix it?
    thanks
    +1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch