Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    Any other sugestions?
    You have added the account as yourusername@chat.facebook.com ?

You have verified the ip address in the hosts file?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You have added the account as ?

You have verified the ip address in the hosts file?
    I tried adding it to google talk and no go. Do I add it as a email?
    I tried adding it to google talk and no go. Do I add it as a email?
    '

Nope, it has to be added as a googletalk account in the messaging (SMS) app preferences and accounts.. But did you put the whole username@chat.facebook.com as the username for the google talk account.

Did you verify the IP address for talk.google.com in the hosts file as .105?
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/26/2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: correction
    yes, I put the whole thing in there. How do I check the IP address? I installed the patch, I didn't root the patch.
    yes, I put the whole thing in there. How do I check the IP address? I installed the patch, I didn't root the patch.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2543010

I know the patch was updated but just in case... since nothing else seems to be the issue.
    With the new Internalz you can actually turn on master mode and edit and save the hosts file in its current location if it needs to be.
    Im sorry, but what is Internalz? If it is on preware, that is broken on my pre too since I got a new pre. I cant get preware to work, and cant get most patches. WOSQI works, but I think I need to take the theme off. It messed with the loading icon.
    Im sorry, but what is Internalz? If it is on preware, that is broken on my pre too since I got a new pre. I cant get preware to work, and cant get most patches. WOSQI works, but I think I need to take the theme off. It messed with the loading icon.
    You can download it and the filemgr service from WosQI.

Internalz is a file explorer/manager/editor/installer for WebOS created by Jason Robitaille.
    i did everything everyone said to do but it keeps saying "could not connect to server" whats that mean
    where the heck do I put ...

69.63.181.104 talk.google.com

???
    my phone doesn't support the attached patch.

i dunno.

this is annoying
    Just a heads up to anyone else using this: FB flagged my login via this "patch" as suspicious activity and temporarily suspended my FB account until I verified the activity. Good news is that once I said "I recognize this" everything was restored and working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by toejam1974 View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone else using this: FB flagged my login via this "patch" as suspicious activity and temporarily suspended my FB account until I verified the activity. Good news is that once I said "I recognize this" everything was restored and working fine.
    You may see this more than once. This has happened to me a few times, although its been at least a month since it happened. Something about using FB on a PC and the chat on the phone causes this.
    if fb flaggs the ip and I bann it can I go back and unbann it and if so how also is there a way of unflaging the ip via palm pre?
    I just updated my Pre's OS,(verizon) I uninstalled all my patches first. I am now trying to reinstall them and it's not letting me, help, ideas??
    I installed the patch and facebook chat works fine but now I have a google chat account that can't sign in... Is it only compatible with gmail or can you still use other google talk accounts (like google apps acct)?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    After installing the Facebook chat spoof, Facebook just alerted my girlfriend that there was an unrecognized login attempt in Washington D.C. (we live in Illinois) via a chat account. Is this related to the patch? She had to go thru 5 steps to access her account again and change her password. Anyone else get this?
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    After installing the Facebook chat spoof, Facebook just alerted my girlfriend that there was an unrecognized login attempt in Washington D.C. (we live in Illinois) via a chat account. Is this related to the patch? She had to go thru 5 steps to access her account again and change her password. Anyone else get this?
    I don't remember ever getting this when I first installed the chat spoof.
    alot of us get this. It happened to me to.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Happened to me to. Said it was some random place in Illinois which is like 200 miles away. Also whenever i use this patch my contacts just start slowly showing as signed off until no is left. After this I have to sign off and then on again. I think it might be cause of SBromwich Kernel.