Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Adambomb13 did you use the patch? can you describe what you did step by step so I can figure out what my mistake was?

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    It took 20 minutes for mine to sign in. Even though my buddies finally show up, it still says at the top that it's "Signing In". Thoughts?
    Not sure why but signed out and signed back in and that cleared up.
    GoTitans - did you use patch?
    how did you sign in? I am trying to figure out why it keeps telling me user name or password is wrong
    Between this and being able to see videos, is facebook now best on webOS? Can't do that on iphone.
    1) I downloaded the patch file from Jason Robitaille post #8 on page 1 of this post.

2) Installed the patch using WebOS Quick Installer.

3) Went into the Messaging on the Pre, went to Preferences & Accounts

4) Clicked Add IM account

5) Clicked Google Talk

6) entered my facebook username@chat.facebook.com
    7) entered my facebook password
    8) Clicked Sign In

I believe you had or have to of used facebook mobile (e.g. Facebook app that comes with the Pre) and go through the accept application on your facebook account…

I hope this helped
    Yes I installed patch via WQI. Then signed in to google chat using my fb username and password.

Like we said earlier.. make sure you are using a real fb username and not the email you use to sign into your fb account.
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    1) I downloaded the patch file from Jason Robitaille post #8 on page 1 of this post.

2) Installed the patch using WebOS Quick Installer.

3) Went into the Messaging on the Pre, went to Preferences & Accounts

4) Clicked Add IM account

5) Clicked Google Talk

6) entered my facebook username@chat.facebook.com
    7) entered my facebook password
    8) Clicked Sign In

I believe you had or have to of used facebook mobile (e.g. Facebook app that comes with the Pre) and go through the accept application on your facebook account…

I hope this helped
    Other than make sure you have a facebook username. Sign out, then sign back in after creating.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Between this and being able to see videos, is facebook now best on webOS? Can't do that on iphone.
    I think so, yes.

Just makes you wonder... if it is so easy that we can do it why is it taking so long to be officially supported by Palm?
    Heh... but you still can't login to different protocols individually right? If I sign on I'm gonna sign on AIM/Gchat/Facebook.

Not to mention battery rape D;

Either way, I added the patch... thanks to original finder as well as jason. <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Okay Thanks.

I tried to log in with Facebook app and the little circle just kept spinning. Freinds Flow also will not sign in. ANyone have any idea why??

But I tried Friendsbook and that signed in and once I did that an dthen went back to my message program I was able to create the account. I guess that you have to be logge din with some facebook app (evidently not necessarily the offical one) in order to create the account.

Says signing in for a while though.... tried signing off and then clicking on avaliable again. Same thing. Hoping it just takes a long time to sign in the first time because of so many contacts in facebook. I will let you all know.

Meanwhile... thanks for the help!
    So I'm signed into facebook chat on my pixi. Would it say I'm online on facebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    So I'm signed into facebook chat on my pixi. Would it say I'm online on facebook?
    yes
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yall stay grindin... It's funny how people request things and they just appear out of nowhere. I know Palm has other priorities but maybe they should do like every other big company and subcontract work out. I bet many of you Developers would jump on for a "small" fee.
    Not working over here, either...

webOS Developer
    works great here.

THIS SHOULD BE ON THE FRONT PAGE AND EVEN ENGADGET
    I added the account successfully, it took the username and password. But I'm not showing as on-line on facebook.

webOS Developer
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I signed out and then back in and it works great. This is AWESOME!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    works great here.

THIS SHOULD BE ON THE FRONT PAGE AND EVEN ENGADGET
    hahahah hilarious!
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
  19.    #59  
    Grin, I thought of this 3am my time, and I just got up. I'm sorry I didn't post a more consise description. Hopefully someone can make a proper patch for preware. Note that the concept is not limited to Facebook. It should work for almost any jabber based service. Tha drawback is that you can do this for only one service at a time.
    Worked for me too...chatting away..Thank Jason
    the2ndman likes this.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast