Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    The only contact account I have is Palm Profile.
    Great.

So how long did you wait after removing the chat account?

Have you tried re-installing the patch, then removing the account, then un-installing the patch?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Yes I reinstalled the patch and I am removing the chat.facebook.com account right now. Still doing the same thing and doesn't seem to be doing anything. The little Palm thinking icon is spinning but no progress. It has drained about 30% battery and the contacts are all still there.
    ^how many FB friends do you have? It does take awhile even for my 100+ friends.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^how many FB friends do you have? It does take awhile even for my 100+ friends.
    Gezz..how long is a while?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    ^first login and sync took over 5 min for 100+ friends. Before I uninstalled the patch, I first logged off FB chat (this takes maybe a min), then removed the account from messaging (this took maybe two min).
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    Yes I reinstalled the patch and I am removing the chat.facebook.com account right now. Still doing the same thing and doesn't seem to be doing anything. The little Palm thinking icon is spinning but no progress. It has drained about 30% battery and the contacts are all still there.
    Just to be clear, all of your contacts added through the facebook chat spoof account will show up with a google talk icon when you look at the profile information for each contact in the contacts app.

It's interesting because as you noted, the google talk account does not show up as a profile in the contacts accounts section but the profiles for those contacts are identified as Google talk.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I have about 800 Facebook contacts.

So the Chat account for Facebook is removed now. But majority of the contact are still there! Should I go through and manually delete them?
    ^maybe I should've asked this first: do you have FB (not FB chat which shows up as gtalk) account in your contacts? Do you use the FB (or FB beta) app?
    So I installed the patch, created a Facebook username, and attempted to add a gmail account. I used my newly created "username@chat.facebook.com" and my Facebook password. the problem is it keeps saying "could not connect to the server. Try again." I have tried multiple times over 2 days and can not seem to make any headway. I would appreciate any feed back.
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by aclarke86 View Post
    So I installed the patch, created a Facebook username, and attempted to add a gmail account. I used my newly created "username@chat.facebook.com" and my Facebook password. the problem is it keeps saying "could not connect to the server. Try again." I have tried multiple times over 2 days and can not seem to make any headway. I would appreciate any feed back.
    Thanks,
    It sounds like this is a new Facebook account. You created an account but unless you specifically went into the account settings and input a username AFTER THE ACCOUNT CREATION then you don't have a username for the purposes of FB chat. You can check it by going to facebook.com/username (where username= your username). If it works then you have one. If it doesn't you don't.
    My Facebook account has been active for 5-6 yrs. I recently created a username. I have followed all the aforementioned steps to no avail. After looking through the other problems the closest one was related to not signing on and off Facebook after creating a username, which i have done multiple times. Thanks for the response.
    I have not attempted to use the FB app because when I initially got my phone it automatically synced my contacts. I do not want my FB contacts in my phone contact listing. Is there a way to utilize the app without it syncing to the contacts list? Or is there a patch that separates business/personal/fb contacts? That's pretty basic; I would've thought that that would've already been in the system. I've been searching for awhile regarding this issue...
    if you all would use universal search, wouldnt matter how many contacts you had
    Quote Originally Posted by aclarke86 View Post
    My Facebook account has been active for 5-6 yrs. I recently created a username. I have followed all the aforementioned steps to no avail. After looking through the other problems the closest one was related to not signing on and off Facebook after creating a username, which i have done multiple times. Thanks for the response.

Just in case I am missing something... you said you attempted to add a GMAIL account. In the messaging app it is a gtalk account you add.

Was that a type O?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    After I add the hosts entry, setup the TALK account and press the "SignIn" button, I get "could not connect to the server. Try again". As a result, the account doesn't get added.

UPDATE - I see the IP address changed to 74.125.93.125. Now I get "Username or password is invalid."

UPDATE 2 - Ignore previous UPDATE. The OP IP address is correct. And now I finally was able to create the account.
    Last edited by thornev; 08/25/2010 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    if you all would use universal search, wouldnt matter how many contacts you had

It doesn't matter to YOU! I use the universal search all time. If you have 30 Michelle contacts all of them are displayed. If I had a filtering system of some sort, I would root out all the extra Michelles that are yahoo or facebook (which Palm Synergy automatically syncs). So it does "matter" albeit a matter of preference.
    Mine keeps saying "Could not connect to the server. Try again." Ive signed up with a user name a long time ago. I logged out and logged in. Have restarted the phone, I have signed in to FB mobile, nothing works.
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    Mine keeps saying "Could not connect to the server. Try again." Ive signed up with a user name a long time ago. I logged out and logged in. Have restarted the phone, I have signed in to FB mobile, nothing works.
    Try going to facebook.com/yourusername if it works you have a username if it doesn't you just have a FB account.

The username is different it is set after your account creation manually by you in your account settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Try going to facebook.com/yourusername if it works you have a username if it doesn't you just have a FB account.

The username is different it is set after your account creation manually by you in your account settings.
    yes it works. I have a username. I set it up a long time ago.
    Any other sugestions?