Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    This may have been addressed earlier, but what is the deal with why the contacts pulled from Facebook for Chat will not sync with the regular Facebook contacts pulled? This is incredibly annoying to see double the amount of contacts I should have and wonder how FB has two different names listed for the same person!?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    This may have been addressed earlier, but what is the deal with why the contacts pulled from Facebook for Chat will not sync with the regular Facebook contacts pulled? This is incredibly annoying to see double the amount of contacts I should have and wonder how FB has two different names listed for the same person!?
    Some of mine sync up just fine, but the ones that don't have different names in my contacts vs. the FB friends.

For example... I have my kids in my phone with just their first names, but their FB have first and last, so they come up as separate contacts.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    That's not even the problem I'm having. I'm talking about having FB contacts not syncing with FB google chat contacts. So I might have Chad Michael Smith right next to Chad Smith for example, and they are the same person and both FB friends....no syncing.

In addition, I also have some that are EXACT name duplicates, IE: Chad Smith, next to Chad Smith with NO SYNCING! How the H is that failing? Must be some sort of short circuit in WebOS due to how each is IDd or something.

Now don't get me wrong, the patch allows me to chat (and of course god forbid I actually be able to do that thru the App like Android or the Iphone), but the last thing I need is another set of contacts 90% of which I will never even look at, but will have to manually sync to get them out of the way >:-(

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    That's not even the problem I'm having. I'm talking about having FB contacts not syncing with FB google chat contacts. So I might have Chad Michael Smith right next to Chad Smith for example, and they are the same person and both FB friends....no syncing.

In addition, I also have some that are EXACT name duplicates, IE: Chad Smith, next to Chad Smith with NO SYNCING! How the H is that failing? Must be some sort of short circuit in WebOS due to how each is IDd or something.

Now don't get me wrong, the patch allows me to chat (and of course god forbid I actually be able to do that thru the App like Android or the Iphone), but the last thing I need is another set of contacts 90% of which I will never even look at, but will have to manually sync to get them out of the way >:-(
    I understand. It could also have something to do with it being a spoofed google talk account.

I had backed up my Palm contacts to Google and when I synced most of them linked automatically but a few (like yours) that had the exact same spelling and number entered twice.

Back when I first started using the Pre I tried one of the early FB apps and hated that it brought all of those contacts in with no way to filter. I was scrolling through my contacts to find who I wanted to call or txt. But then I figured out the universal search and now I never even open the contact app.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Yep I have definitely evolved in how I handle contacts....it is very rare actually that I go into my contacts 'app' but in trying to clean up some pictures (multitasking at work?) and other things today I noticed just how redundant this stuff is!

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I guess I also feel I should be able to reasonably scroll through my contacts on a Friday night when spamming friends to see what they're up to.

7. i3
    hey... first time trying to run this patch...installed the original patch via wosqi...had the sign-in error...tried the logging in and out facebook...nothing....then skipped towards the end of this thread to discover there was an updated patch...installed that now after uninstalling the old one...still same thing...no sign-in...password error....
    am running the latest webos in europe: 1.4.5 build 222....
    also,,hav the facebook chat running fine from ichat on the macbook...so the username is obviously working right?
    please help
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    hey... first time trying to run this patch...installed the original patch via wosqi...had the sign-in error...tried the logging in and out facebook...nothing....then skipped towards the end of this thread to discover there was an updated patch...installed that now after uninstalling the old one...still same thing...no sign-in...password error....
    am running the latest webos in europe: 1.4.5 build 222....
    also,,hav the facebook chat running fine from ichat on the macbook...so the username is obviously working right?
    please help
    1st. Since I don't know for sure what updated patch you are referring to... do you have Preware? If so uninstall the previous patch you mentioned and install the one I know to have been updated correctly from Preware.

2nd. If you have the correct patch and have verified the hosts file has the .105 ip address in it, then make sure you have actually created a username for FB. It is not automatically done in FB, you have to go into your account settings and actually create a username. (I had this same problem at first). I had been using FB on my computer for over a year and didn't know this until I tried installing this patch.
  9. i3
    thanks pastor rich...i thought i made it completely clear lol...anyways...ip is th 105...th first patch which came undone around june has been uninstalled...that never worked as i tried to instal today only...th latest 105 ip one doesnt worj either....yes i hav a username..i have been using it on ichat on the macos...as a jabber im.... anyhow...im getting password failure...????
    yes i hav a username..i have been using it on ichat on the macos...as a jabber im.... anyhow...im getting password failure...????
    I'm not familiar with anything mac so I don't know what it takes to use FB chat on ichat on the macos as a jabber im. I just know that I had used FB chat on my PC for a long time without having created a username so I thought that might be a possibility.

I hope you find your issue. Good luck.
  11. i3
    i have a facebook username...and i hav th latest patch with 105 ip...could it be becus i am running webos 1.4.5 build 222?
    i have a facebook username...and i hav th latest patch with 105 ip...could it be becus i am running webos 1.4.5 build 222?
    My guess would be no... but since I'm not running 1.4.5 yet... IDK. Hopefully someone running that will pop in here soon and clear that up for you.
    hello,

dont know what wrong but this evening my facebook chat spoof started giving me the error.... could not connect to server....please try agian........

what could be wrong ..... not the ip cause i can ping chat.facebook.com and its the same ip......

any help appreciated....
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    hello,

dont know what wrong but this evening my facebook chat spoof started giving me the error.... could not connect to server....please try agian........

what could be wrong ..... not the ip cause i can ping chat.facebook.com and its the same ip......

any help appreciated....
    i have the same problem.
    i installed the patch on WebOS quick install, but my phone says "could not connect to the server. try again"
    I used my username & password correctly, idk what's wrong
    i have been having this issue for like 5 hrs i finally gave up and doctored my pre. then more problems could not restore my data it kept saying to try again. contacted palm support and they said they are having issues. i finally got to restore my data after like 30 minutes. it could be it was related. i dont know. i will test shortly after install the patch.
    Mine is working fine.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    How do I fully remove this patch? I am able to uninstall this patch but it leaves ALL the Facebook Google contacts in. I am in my Chat app to remove this account but it seems like it hangs there and just drains my battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    How do I fully remove this patch? I am able to uninstall this patch but it leaves ALL the Facebook Google contacts in. I am in my Chat app to remove this account but it seems like it hangs there and just drains my battery.
    You can go to your contacts app to remove additional contacts accounts.

It may take some time to remove the contacts. Be patient and see what happens.

EDIT... Also, I am unsure if removing the chat account properly requires connectivity to the server. If so, you may need to re-install the patch, delete the chat account, then remove the patch.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/17/2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: additional thought
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    The only contact account I have is Palm Profile.