Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Looks like the IP address to chat.facebook.com has changed. If you ping the address from the cmd prompt it will show the new IP.

Pull the hosts file from your phone, enter the new IP, send it back to the phone, restart and voila!

New line " 69.63.181.105 talk.google.com "
    I downloaded the facebook spoof through preware. I created a username on facebook. Then I signed in and signed out of facebook. I got to gtalk thriugh my messaging app and I attempt to sign in and it tells me can't connect to the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosinwun1983 View Post
    I downloaded the facebook spoof through preware. I created a username on facebook. Then I signed in and signed out of facebook. I got to gtalk thriugh my messaging app and I attempt to sign in and it tells me can't connect to the server.
    same here, was working and now its stopped

EDIT: the issue has been resolved apparently facebook changed the server IP a patch was made to fix u have to download and install via WOSQI or if u have some minor coding knowledge u can edit the original patch and change the IP the link to the thread is on page 23 of this thread however
    Last edited by mksand28; 07/03/2010 at 05:49 PM.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    where is this patch and how can i get a hold of it?
    thanks man!! helped me out abunch
    rizzy - in a pinch you can always open facebook chat in the browser app!
    Last edited by nate812; 07/04/2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosinwun1983 View Post
    Correct. The sever location changed. It looks like the patch has been updated (have not verified ) but you can always edit the hosts file on your own if it happens again.
    I downloaded the patch and installed it and then tried to log in but everytime it tells me that it cannot connect to the server. Does anyone know what my problem might be?
    this may seem like a silly question, but how do i get to the host files on the palm pre plus?

i am not new to editing host files, but my boyfriend and i sat there for about an hour last night and i couldn't for the life of me find how to get to the host files on his palm pre plus.

he's pining for facebook chat on his phone, the patch wouldnt download onto his phone so i want to do it manually for him. any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
    I had the FB spoof patch installed on my palm pre. About a week ago it just suddenly stopped working. There is a message when I log in to google talk that says, unable to connect to server, try again. I have deleted the google acount & then added it again. Nothing. I've deleted the patch then added it again. Nothing. I thought it might of been just the google talk in general but when I entered my google talk account it worked. I just can't get the FB chat anymore. Please help. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here it is, in patch form

Thanks robvanvliet
    I'm just stuck on signing in...

I uninstalled old facebook patch, installed one on first page but didn't change anything.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok I havent been on here in a while and my chat has stopped working I cant even remeber how to use WOSQI and when I put my phone in dev mode, add the patch on page 23 and hit install nothing happens. can someone explain how to add the working patch in simple terms? and i dont know coding or any of that.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Aim now lets you sign into fb chat will it work on the pre too? wondering if i need to create a AOL account? After downloading AIM log into it like fb???? anyone have any experience?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok now me pre is screwy what the heck gives? I cant use WOSQI and now my messaging app isnt opening and when I click it, it just lights up white and isnt opening or it takes forever?
    Last edited by chichi; 07/07/2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Ok I havent been on here in a while and my chat has stopped working I cant even remeber how to use WOSQI and when I put my phone in dev mode, add the patch on page 23 and hit install nothing happens. can someone explain how to add the working patch in simple terms? and i dont know coding or any of that.

I finally did it myself yesterday so I know this works using Internalz and Terminal just from your Pre.

1. Using Internalz browse to /etc then scroll down to the hosts file. Tap it and select copy (I copied mine to /media/internal/downloads).

2. Browse to the location you copied it to and locate and tap on the hosts file, tap info and when the info opens you can rename the file to hosts.html then close info (swipe away).

3. Tap the hosts.html file and tap open, the file should now open in a web browser and you can edit the .104 ip to the new .105 ip. Tap the program menu (top left) and select save file. close file (swipe away)

4. Tap the hosts.html file and select info and rename by removing the .html now close info (swipe away)

5. Close Internalz and open Terminal

6. Type cd /media/internal/downloads/ and press enter (the location I used)

7. Type cp hosts /etc/ and press enter then close Terminal

The last step should have copied the modified hosts file to the /etc directory and overwritten the current hosts file there.

After that just go to messaging and add your FB chat account.

I didn't have to restart the Pre or anything. It worked without a hitch all from my Pre.

There may be an easier way but I know very little about Linux commands so this is the best I can give you.
    Worked like a charm!! Easy instructions, thanx a lot!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks!!
    Hi I do not mean to be a pain in the *****, but how do I enter the patch into my PrePlus? Do I have to enter "Developer Mode"?

Could somebody please PM me the Step-by-Step procedure for entering the patch into my Pre because some of us aren't as computer literate as some people on this fourm.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Scott
    Last edited by jbg7474; 07/10/2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Please do not post personal email addresses--use PM instead
    @fytfir

The instructions in my post above are step by step and you do it all on your Pre.

They don't install the patch, they modify the original patch that you install from Preware.
    great instruction, thx!