Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    This patch had been working great for me since I got my Pre some time ago, but I had to Doctor tonight and I CANNOT get it to work. It is telling me "cannot connect to server." I read through the thread and saw the suggestion that I log out in the browser (which I did). That did not work. I deleted my Facebook account from the app on the Pre, which also did not work. Logged out on my PC...and that did not work.

I have not really seen a solution to this except the logout. Can someone please help? The Facebook chat on the Pre was something I used often and this is a real problem.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    This patch had been working great for me since I got my Pre some time ago, but I had to Doctor tonight and I CANNOT get it to work. It is telling me "cannot connect to server." I read through the thread and saw the suggestion that I log out in the browser (which I did). That did not work. I deleted my Facebook account from the app on the Pre, which also did not work. Logged out on my PC...and that did not work.

I have not really seen a solution to this except the logout. Can someone please help? The Facebook chat on the Pre was something I used often and this is a real problem.

Thanks!
    Same thing happened to me today as well.
    Ugh. Hopefully someone can help solve this!
    I too get this error when I try connecting.
    Why not just use the IM package that puts all the major IM clients in the messaging app? Works good and you can easily setup Jabber for facebook.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    same issue here!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Is this working for anyone?

And where are all our resident WebOS wizards? Surely someone can come up with a fix!
    its been like this for the past 2days now, WHERE ARE THE BOY GENIUSES OF THIS WEBSITE
    not working now after perfectly for weeks....
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    well I guess I'll add to the whole cannot connect to server error. Anybody got any ideas on a fix
    I don't actually get an error, just doesn't log in, no error message. The available "dot" on the buddies screen shows half Green/half Grey. does that mean I am signed into one service and not the other?

I know that I am signed into Gtalk because those people appear, and the FB people still have a Grey dot next to their name.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Same problem here! Deleted the IM account and now cant even re-add it. Seems more like a facebook server issue. Tried various methods to connect to that server which worked before. Now nothing.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Same here it says "cannot connect to server" I've tried removing and readding and still ithing for two days now...
    tried to do the fix and still nothing..
    Mine stopped working too
    Same issue since I doctored my phone to 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by dr fnord View Post
    Same issue since I doctored my phone to 1.4.5
    O2 Palm?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    same to my, after updateing to 1.4.5 the o2 pre
    almost solved here:
    h t t p ://discussion.treocentral.com/webos-patches/
    253301-facebook-chat-spoof-not-working-now.html