Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    So I installed the patch, and i had to sign out my facebook app in order to get the chat to login. Unfortunately, i couldn't sign back into my facebook app while the patch was installed. I removed the patch, and still, I cannot sign in to the facebook app. More disturbing is that I cannot sign in to facebook via the preferences/accounts section in the contacts app either!!! Synergy is no longer synergising with facebook. Help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tMECCA View Post
    So I installed the patch, and i had to sign out my facebook app in order to get the chat to login. Unfortunately, i couldn't sign back into my facebook app while the patch was installed. I removed the patch, and still, I cannot sign in to the facebook app. More disturbing is that I cannot sign in to facebook via the preferences/accounts section in the contacts app either!!! Synergy is no longer synergising with facebook. Help!!
    Im having the same problem
    help...not working on wife's pre+...i got it working a week ago on my pre+....

-went to facebook via browser, she's not logged in
    -unable to get past login when adding the messaging acct @chat.facebook.com, states invaild

**think i fixed it. goto facebook in a browser, login, goto account settings, choose a user name (she hadn't choosen one, although she uses facebook many times a day)
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 05/10/2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    help...not working on wife's pre+...i got it working a week ago on my pre+....

-went to facebook via browser, she's not logged in
    -unable to get past login when adding the messaging acct @chat.facebook.com, states invaild

**think i fixed it. goto facebook in a browser, login, goto account settings, choose a user name (she hadn't choosen one, although she uses facebook many times a day)
    no dice...***...i can't get his to work on her pre+....works flawlessly on mine...
    I just want to say this is a really awesome setup. I am on Verizon and in Mexico on vactation and of course, Verizon doesn't work. But I have Internet access. So I can just send an email/text (number@vtext.com) to someone, tell them to get on Facebook and using this patch, chat with them just like sms. Works great!!!
    any tips on getting this to work on my wife's pre+.....i've got it working no problem on my pre+ and it's GREAT!!! just want the wife to be able to enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewbaccaFreak View Post
    I had issue with the patch when installed through WOSQI as I couldn't sign in with my FB username.

Last night the Preware patch finally came through so I gave that a shot. Seconds later the patch was installed and I was able to login to FB chat. I'm not really sure why WOSQI was giving me such trouble, but I'm glad Preware came through like a champ!
    YEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! preware version worked WHOOOHOOOO!!!! my wife will be happy!!!
    alright I've been fooling with this for a while trying to get this patch to work. I'll install the patch reset the phone the add my account (with username and such) and I'll be good for a while, but after a day my pre refusus to log back into Facebook. I just can't understand why it won't continue to work. As of right now I'm removing my google talk account.
    Anyone having problems with the msn plugin? I can receive IMs but the ones I send don't seem to be transmitted & the text remains greyed out,
    It's OK with Gtalk & Yahoo IM
    guy I need a little help setting up my facebook chat
    I need to know what to put in the user name server and ect I'm at aloss right now thanks ...
    Hello there! OK ...
    SOo I just finished reading the WHOLE thread looking for a solution to a problem I am having and I just can't seem to find anyone with the same problem as I.

I downloaded the patch via Preware with No problems at all. I then signed in to my facebook account and it took my device about 20-30 minutes to fully sign in and sync with my phone. The patch worked perfectly and the chat had no problems besides the annoying frequency of messages coming in from people i don't really talk to. I later fouind out that facebook contacts were added to my device's contact list which I HATED because i currently have 2430 "friends" on facebook and I just refuse to have that many contacts on my phone. Soo i decided to remove the Chat account.

Here's where the problem came to be. I just CAN NOT for the life of me remove the account. I have tried everything!!! I have unistalled the patch, restarted the phone, unsynced all my facebook accounts from the device, signed off and even wait up to FIVE HOURS for the account to be removed!!! It says "removing Google Talk account" at the beginning but it will not remove it ...

ANY HELP??? PLEASE?
    thanks, works great
    Wow, this is the very reason why I would not jump ship to any other phone. This community kicks serious ***!!! Thanks again for doing this!
    Does anyone else have the problem where the contact list is filled with names like:

u123857124
    u148174223
    u149482725
    u194873754

I haven't seen anyone mention this problem yet... I can't tell who all the contacts actually are ^^
    I love the patch, however I don't want all my facebook friends added to my contacts list. Can you, in one of your next up dates disable friends from syncing to contacts list or add the opton to disable the google talk or IM application from syncing friends to our contacts list. I can't believe that Palm didn't add that option wen they created the messaging app. They have made that option with the facebook application. BTW I thank you SO much for your contributions to the feeds!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    alright I've been fooling with this for a while trying to get this patch to work. I'll install the patch reset the phone the add my account (with username and such) and I'll be good for a while, but after a day my pre refusus to log back into Facebook. I just can't understand why it won't continue to work. As of right now I'm removing my google talk account.
    me too... i ended up removing the patch but cannot seem to remove the fb gtalk account... it hangs...

any help?
    I agree..i think it would be nice to have an update to the patch with an option to allow you to block the messaging app from syncing with contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    me too... i ended up removing the patch but cannot seem to remove the fb gtalk account... it hangs...

any help?
    it seems that I removed the patch before I removed the gtalk fb account. Re installed the app and then removed the gtalk fb account then I removed the patch!
    great pathc but the contacts are a problem and I have had to remove due to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    This was working for 2 months for me and just today it will not work anymore.
    Same Problem Here Out of nowhere it stopped working some say that i loggout from browser but im not logged in , even in my computer ive signed out but it doesnt seem to work