Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenDavey View Post
    after i install it and try to sign in it just keeps signing in and never actually loads?
    anyone know whats up?
    This.

Got a replacement Pre yesterday and it just gets stuck at signing in. (spinning endlessly)
    Worked like a charm on my last Pre.

Signed in/out of FB on phone. Re-installed patch 4 times via QI and Preware, rebooted phone, but no luck as of yet.
    do we need to uninstall this patch before updating to 1.4.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    do we need to uninstall this patch before updating to 1.4.1?
    +1

i hope to waiot for the answer to this before this night ends.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I don't think you'd need to remove the patch (ie revert to the original /etc/hosts file). However having said that, it is entirely possible that the update reverts the /etc/hosts file back to "default" which would have the effect of removing the patch.

I continue to wait for something that doesn't make me choose between FB chat and Google Talk for my hosted domain.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    this needs to be its own app that can run in the background. it would help those that use other messengers to not have fb logins be the same as aim, and being able to stay online for aim but offline for fb. right now that function isn't there
    Samsung SPH-M520 >> LG Lotus >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by CletusAZ View Post
    mine was working. But yesterday it came up with a username/password invalid blah blah blah...

now I can't reconnect it.

I uninstalled, restarted luna, reinstalled, restarted luna.
    input my username @ chat.facebook.com and my password.. Without the spaces of coarse
    It says username or password invalid.
    I've verified the username & password many times.
    I'm not sure what's wrong with it.
    I've even tried to add the account on 3g and on wifi to no avail
    same here
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    installed the patch via WOSQI, added my facebook acct without a problem and at first it seemed like it wouldn't stop 'signing in', but did after about a couple mins.

SUCCESS
    Any luck?
    same problem here - is it possible that facebook has changed anything with their chat? Because the same problem occurs also with the messaging plugin patches !?
    nope, I don't think it changes. It just takes a while to log in, and depends on how many "friends" you have on line.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Just spins.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Just spins.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Is there a way to create a patch or some workaround to link the FB chat contacts to normal FB contacts? I have silly friends who have dumb made up middle names and synergy for FB only adds the first and last name while synergy for the FB chat spoof includes the middle name which makes it seem like 2 diff individuals as oppose to one. Is there a way to link these contacts w/o having to do it manually? as in a patch or work araound via exporting all contacts sorting and linking them?

heres an example:
    FB name: Jennifer Hudson is not linking w/ synergy for FB Chat name: Jennifer Dreamgirl Hudson but they are the same person. Just FB and synergy doesnt include middle names..
    I don't know why you guys are having so much trouble, but I did this when it first came out and after waiting a few minutes for it to log in everything went smoothly.

I have yet to have any issues logging in (of course, I never log out).
    Umm... I got a replacement phone yesterday and when I applied the patch, it says "could not connect to the server. Try again"
    How do i fix this....
    Meanwhile the patch works again on my pre - but I don't know why :-) I just uninstalled and reinstalled it again - now it works
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    got a question i can get logged in and everything but when i chat my replies don't seem to be going through?? any ideas on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    got a question i can get logged in and everything but when i chat my replies don't seem to be going through?? any ideas on that?
    I have this same issue
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    they go through but is just seems to take a really long time?????
    will this work with myspace im?