Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 733
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #21  
    would this work for msn chat as well?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I still don't understand. Where do I add the facebook username at. In the messaging app? If so I tried and it didn't work right. I need help.
    Yes, in the messaging app...set up a new im acct using the above instructions
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I still don't understand. Where do I add the facebook username at. In the messaging app? If so I tried and it didn't work right. I need help.
    After I installed Jason's patch via WQI I just went in the messaging app, then Preferences & accounts, Add IM account, and then added a google chat account using my facebook username and password. took a good minute or two to sign it but it did finally work.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Just add a new google chat account using your facebook username @chat.facebook.com.

    It works! Thanks Jason and OP!
    Not working for me. I went into messaging>>Add IM Account>>Google Talk>>entered 'my user name@chat.facebook.com' and says my password is incorrect?!?

    EDIT: Nevermind the above...I goofed.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
  5. Mike77's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    Not working for me. I went into messaging>>Add IM Account>>Google Talk>>entered 'my user name@chat.facebook.com' and says my password is incorrect?!?
    Having the same issue.
  6. #26  
    do you have a username for facebook? I was getting the same error I didn't have a username setup. Once I set the username up I had to exit facebook and sign back in for the name to be valid. It logs right in now.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes, in the messaging app...set up a new im acct using the above instructions
    Do you mean put the beginning of your email address@chat.facebook.com

    ex: crazyjoe@chat.facebook.com or crazyjoe@gmail.com@chat.facebook.com

    Then put the the password?
  8. #28  
    you have to go to account settings and then click on username and if you don't have a username setup you will have the option to set a username.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Do you mean put the beginning of your email address@chat.facebook.com

    ex: crazyjoe@chat.facebook.com or crazyjoe@gmail.com@chat.facebook.com

    Then put the the password?
    You need to setup a facebook username if you don't already have one. Your email address that you log in with will not work.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I still don't understand. Where do I add the facebook username at. In the messaging app? If so I tried and it didn't work right. I need help.
    did u go to facebook and got your username? its not the one you use to normally log in. you need to get one specifically for facebook chat Facebook Chat. Everywhere. | Facebook
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    you have to go to account settings and then click on username and if you don't have a username setup you will have the option to set a username.
    Exactly the issue I had, but resolved a minute ago.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
  12. Mike77's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    do you have a username for facebook? I was getting the same error I didn't have a username setup. Once I set the username up I had to exit facebook and sign back in for the name to be valid. It logs right in now.

    This guy is a genius!. I did not have a user name set up and so i did, it still did not work. But the logging out and in is what it needed. Thanks!
  13. #33  
    Got it working. Thanks every one!!!
  14. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #34  
    works great. Now just gotta link contacts together....
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

    Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
  15. #35  
    good stuff...works great. Wife will love it
  16. #36  
    Jason I installed your patch using WebOS Quick Install - after installing it restarted.

    Then I opened message app. Went to add account. It gives two choices: google talk or aim
    I chose google talk
    or user name I entered username@chat.facebook.com
    (username was facebook username)
    for password entered my facebok password
    it did not work
    what did I do wrong? Did I not install the patch correctly? Did I miss some step?

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  17. AngelsWin's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #37  
    It took 20 minutes for mine to sign in. Even though my buddies finally show up, it still says at the top that it's "Signing In". Thoughts?
  18. #38  
    Working perfectly, Thank you
  19. #39  
    Mine says "username or password invalid" - what am I doing wrong? Did I install th epatch wrong? Do I need extra steps? am I entering info wrong?
  20. lexflo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #40  
    You guys absolutely rock!!!!
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions