Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    would this work for msn chat as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I still don't understand. Where do I add the facebook username at. In the messaging app? If so I tried and it didn't work right. I need help.
    Yes, in the messaging app...set up a new im acct using the above instructions
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I still don't understand. Where do I add the facebook username at. In the messaging app? If so I tried and it didn't work right. I need help.
    After I installed Jason's patch via WQI I just went in the messaging app, then Preferences & accounts, Add IM account, and then added a google chat account using my facebook username and password. took a good minute or two to sign it but it did finally work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Just add a new google chat account using your facebook username @chat.facebook.com.

It works! Thanks Jason and OP!
    Not working for me. I went into messaging>>Add IM Account>>Google Talk>>entered 'my user name@chat.facebook.com' and says my password is incorrect?!?

EDIT: Nevermind the above...I goofed.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    Not working for me. I went into messaging>>Add IM Account>>Google Talk>>entered 'my user name@chat.facebook.com' and says my password is incorrect?!?
    Having the same issue.
    do you have a username for facebook? I was getting the same error I didn't have a username setup. Once I set the username up I had to exit facebook and sign back in for the name to be valid. It logs right in now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes, in the messaging app...set up a new im acct using the above instructions
    Do you mean put the beginning of your email address@chat.facebook.com

ex: crazyjoe@chat.facebook.com or crazyjoe@gmail.com@chat.facebook.com

Then put the the password?
    you have to go to account settings and then click on username and if you don't have a username setup you will have the option to set a username.
    Do you mean put the beginning of your email address@chat.facebook.com

ex: crazyjoe@chat.facebook.com or crazyjoe@gmail.com@chat.facebook.com

Then put the the password?
    You need to setup a facebook username if you don't already have one. Your email address that you log in with will not work.
    did u go to facebook and got your username? its not the one you use to normally log in. you need to get one specifically for facebook chat Facebook Chat. Everywhere. | Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    you have to go to account settings and then click on username and if you don't have a username setup you will have the option to set a username.
    Exactly the issue I had, but resolved a minute ago.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    do you have a username for facebook? I was getting the same error I didn't have a username setup. Once I set the username up I had to exit facebook and sign back in for the name to be valid. It logs right in now.

This guy is a genius!. I did not have a user name set up and so i did, it still did not work. But the logging out and in is what it needed. Thanks!
    Got it working. Thanks every one!!!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    works great. Now just gotta link contacts together....
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    good stuff...works great. Wife will love it
    Jason I installed your patch using WebOS Quick Install - after installing it restarted.

Then I opened message app. Went to add account. It gives two choices: google talk or aim
    I chose google talk
    or user name I entered username@chat.facebook.com
    (username was facebook username)
    for password entered my facebok password
    it did not work
    what did I do wrong? Did I not install the patch correctly? Did I miss some step?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It took 20 minutes for mine to sign in. Even though my buddies finally show up, it still says at the top that it's "Signing In". Thoughts?
    Working perfectly, Thank you
    Mine says "username or password invalid" - what am I doing wrong? Did I install th epatch wrong? Do I need extra steps? am I entering info wrong?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    You guys absolutely rock!!!!
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast