Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 733
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #341  
    If I am not mistaken (Correct me if I am), Myspace uses a proprietary chat protocol. Opposed to Facebook which uses Jabber/XMPP which is the same thing google and Aim use. This patch just seems to spoof the Google Talk program into connecting to facebook chat instead. So a Myspace chat is currently not possible.
  2. papla's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    If I am not mistaken (Correct me if I am), Myspace uses a proprietary chat protocol. Opposed to Facebook which uses Jabber/XMPP which is the same thing google and Aim use. This patch just seems to spoof the Google Talk program into connecting to facebook chat instead. So a Myspace chat is currently not possible.
    i don't know..that's why i was asking if this can be possible for myspace.
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    i don't know..that's why i was asking if this can be possible for myspace.
    Well, it's up to the devs to get it working. If it's possible, they will figure it out. I am just a novice programmer
  4. #344  
    So I installed in and everything worked fine, but I have two questions:

    1) When you chat via facebook chat is there a way to mesh your SMS convos and your facebook chats with the same person together? I don't use last names in my contacts so I don't know if this will work.

    2) How do you keep facebook chat without adding your facebook friends to your contacts?
  5. papla's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by samerz816 View Post
    So I installed in and everything worked fine, but I have two questions:

    1) When you chat via facebook chat is there a way to mesh your SMS convos and your facebook chats with the same person together? I don't use last names in my contacts so I don't know if this will work.

    2) How do you keep facebook chat without adding your facebook friends to your contacts?
    that would be nice..but you asking for too much..lol..this is just a spoof patch
  6. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #346  
    It would be nice if I could remove the FB chat account with ease. Takes FOREVER to remove. It's been removing account for 5 minutes!
  7. #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by samerz816 View Post
    So I installed in and everything worked fine, but I have two questions:

    1) When you chat via facebook chat is there a way to mesh your SMS convos and your facebook chats with the same person together? I don't use last names in my contacts so I don't know if this will work.

    2) How do you keep facebook chat without adding your facebook friends to your contacts?
    1)you can link the Joe Smith account and the 5478349823400324@facebook account through your contacts app.

    2)you dont.
  8. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #348  
    re 1) is there a way to match the u345236 usernames that appear sometimes to real names?
    I know I can link them via Synergy, but how do I find out who is who in the first place, when there are no avatars shown?
  9. #349  
    no, not until they come online.
  10. cjitty's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #350  
    it's weird, ever since installing the patch, my alarm is not audible..even though my alarm app says "play alarm anyway" and my volume is up, the alarm will not sound while fbook chat is signed in..anyone else having this issue?
  11. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #351  
    this patch changes nothing even remotely connected to alarms.
    thats purely coincidence.

    the only change is in the hosts file that redirects hostnames to IP Adresses.
  12. michael.t's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #352  
    I still can't get it to work. i installed the patch from preware and type in my user name and password for my facebook account and it says could not connect to the server?
  13. michael.t's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.t View Post
    I still can't get it to work. i installed the patch from preware and type in my user name and password for my facebook account and it says could not connect to the server?
    Ok i got it. I didnt have a user name set up...thanks guys
  14. papla's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #354  
    myspace please
  15. #355  
    People still go on myspace?? lol
  16. link375's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardDog View Post
    People still go on myspace?? lol
    lol seriously.. All my myspace friends got facebooks
  17. papla's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #357  
    do you get new message notification with this chat thing??
  18. CletusAZ's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #358  
    mine was working. But yesterday it came up with a username/password invalid blah blah blah...

    now I can't reconnect it.

    I uninstalled, restarted luna, reinstalled, restarted luna.
    input my username @ chat.facebook.com and my password.. Without the spaces of coarse
    It says username or password invalid.
    I've verified the username & password many times.
    I'm not sure what's wrong with it.
    I've even tried to add the account on 3g and on wifi to no avail
  19. papla's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by CletusAZ View Post
    mine was working. But yesterday it came up with a username/password invalid blah blah blah...

    now I can't reconnect it.

    I uninstalled, restarted luna, reinstalled, restarted luna.
    input my username @ chat.facebook.com and my password.. Without the spaces of coarse
    It says username or password invalid.
    I've verified the username & password many times.
    I'm not sure what's wrong with it.
    I've even tried to add the account on 3g and on wifi to no avail
    did you get the normal new message notification when it was working??
  20. CletusAZ's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #360  
    I don't recall but it did vibrate when I got a new message but the screen was on it didn't go to sleep yet.

Posting Permissions