Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    use the mobile myspace site, you can use myspace chat on it.
    yeah thats what i do from time to time but it would be alot more conveinent if it was possible to do it the same way this patch does...just wondering if its even possible to do thanks for the idea tho
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    can you do this for myspace too?
    ok so i have downloaded the patch from preware.. and i enterd my username from facebook just like it said.. and it wont sign me in.. ???

i would post a screen pic but it wont let me since im a new user
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybazooka View Post
    ok so i have downloaded the patch from preware.. and i enterd my username from facebook just like it said.. and it wont sign me in.. ???

Are you sure you did it right??....tell us the steps you took
    Its not the Username you have to enter. Its the email and PW.
    for some reason when people send me FB chat messages I dont get a notification but when i msg them first I will get one. How can I resolve this?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    can someone please tell me yes or no if these can be possible for myspace chat ??
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybazooka View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Its not the Username you have to enter. Its the email and PW.
    you need to go into facebook account settings and set up a "username" it's not your email.... then you need to log out of facebook ,log back in to facebook, and you phone should work you enter the username you just set up and your facebook password
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    can someone please tell me yes or no if these can be possible for myspace chat ??
    try it out and see then report back with your findings....... to my knowledge i haven't seen anyone try it for myspace... but i assume you could try @chat.myspace.com but like i said i have no idea
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    maybe it's just my phone (otherwisw bug free since august), but I feel like this patch made messenger app and contacts take much longer to load. Maybe cuz it was checking to see who was online? Restarted device after tried luna restart, still slow so I removed the patch and deleted the account on messenger prefernces. Now messenger is faster again. Maybe I'll retry in a few days.

But the whole idea and the patch is very cool. Was watching NCAA friday with some buds having some suds, facebook chatting. 2 sets of people amazed. Friends @ bar liked I was chatting w/ friend still yet to make it out. Other was one of the guys wives, @ home on FB and was amazed I was listed as "online" on FB, so she sent an IM, which came as text. Buds amazed. All of them now reconsidering their lame *** phones and admiring my multitasking, unobtrusive notifying minicomputer aka Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    Are you sure you did it right??....tell us the steps you took

well
    1. i downloaded the patch from preware..
    2. then i went to add acnt for gmail and i typd usernam"at"chat.facebook.com
    then password...

but it just says usernam or password is invalid
    Johnny,

You have to make sure you're using your 'username' in Facebook. Go to Facebook>Account>Username. Check to make sure you're entering THAT username and not the username on your FB login. If you don't have a username, create one and use it for your <username>@chat.facebook.com.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    An impressive 18% per hour.
    It looks like this was just a first day thing for me. Drain is back to normal now (5%).
    worked fine for me ...question wen i sign off does it still show up on facebook.com that im sign off. I dont think i like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    Yes, you are right: when you have Google Apps accounts that do not end at "gmail.com" or "googlemail.com" of which you want to use the chat functionality, you cannot use the facebook patch. It is either one or the other, not both.
    That makes sense, a disclaimer should be put in the patch description, yes? I saw this patch and added it to get my FB chat working without realizing I was losing my Google Apps xmpp functionality. Bummer, but still a neat patch, and a step closer to true XMPP functionality.

I think it sucks that the pre ONLY works with google xmpp, and ONLY google caldav. XMPP federates, and caldav is an open standard as is xmpp, but we're locked into Google.

Still, Facebook chat recently switched its chat to XMPP so it should be native soon enough. Is there any way to open up the pre to subscribe to ANY xmpp (or cladav for that matter) server?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver24 View Post
    worked fine for me ...question wen i sign off does it still show up on facebook.com that im sign off. I dont think i like that.
    It shows that you are signed out when you sign off chat on your phone. I tested this when the patch was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    What are google apps? Where do you get them?
    Google apps are basically google services that you can use for your domains. You can have google mail, docs, sites, calendar, chat, and so on for your domain. This is nifty, since setting up a mail, calendar, or chat server can be a major pain, and everybody knows how to use gmail, so you get the handy familiarity of your google products but with your domain name.

I am using google apps standard for 3 domains, and I really like it, especially since it integrates so easily with the pre.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    try it out and see then report back with your findings....... to my knowledge i haven't seen anyone try it for myspace... but i assume you could try @chat.myspace.com but like i said i have no idea
    i am getting "could not connect to server try again"
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    Hello,

A couple of minutes ago something occurred to me, and it works:
    for facebook chat you only need to change the

/etc/hosts file.

Just add the line

69.63.181.104 talk.google.com

and add a facebook account as if it where a gmail account, so <username>@chat.facebook.com

Voila!

BTW: Google Talk does not actually use "talk.google.com", so it continues to work as normal

How it works: the messaging application can use any xmpp (jabber) service. In the code, however, it is restricted to google talk. (Ref Enabling Jabber, not just Google Talk - WebOS Internals | Google Groups )

The ip address above is actually "chat.facebook.com", so we impersonate facebook as google talk.

For more info on facebook chat clients see Help Center | Facebook
    thanks for this...but what about myspace..do u know if possible?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    robvanvliet...please can you do one for myspace too??..i will donate